What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

What’s the rational behind such a huge AWACS fleet? To compensate for the supposed Hawkeye for the Navy? If so, do these AWACS have maritime capability
Yes they do, both saab and zdk have maritime surveillance capabilities. I reckon the zdk has a slight edge here as they hold the charge of guarding the Arabian sea.

1: Karakoram Eagle ZDK03 / 2: Saab 2000 Erieye

DLE80_fXUAIQWfg.jpg

Looks like it’s J019 which is assigned to 12 or 21 Sqn. And not the awacs plus there is new transport one which is still in its previous owner an airliner color scheme ;)

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new fully-functioning SAB planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but were also determined to guide the nations towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

Stressing that there was no shortage of talent in the country, he said that people here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new fully-functioning SAB planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but were also determined to guide the nations towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

Stressing that there was no shortage of talent in the country, he said that people here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.
The cat is out of the bag now cimpletely. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I want the relevant PAF staff who were lax to be punished for negligence. The other aspect which I understand was the need for secrecy as 3/4 of the Saab fleet down would have been demoralizing for the nation.

Additional 3 Saab 2k ordered were suppose to be delivered starting December 2017 ??

Also MOdp listed funds for replacement / recovery of 4 or lost aircraft pac is now certified service rebuilt provider of Saab 2k

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom