What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

where is that erieye,which was coming to Pakistan in november?????
lost somwhere,while tracking enemy aircrafts...!

where is that erieye,which was coming to Pakistan in november?????
lost somwhere,while tracking enemy aircrafts...!

comming very soon...
i just talked to my friend at PAF base sargodha, he is an aeronautical engg and according to him they are all set to welcome the bird.

regards!

comming very soon...
i just talked to my friend at PAF base sargodha, he is an aeronautical engg and according to him they are all set to welcome the bird.

regards!

I have a question in my mind:
Is it a right news that Pakistan and China are developing an AWACS system?
I forgot the name Y-8 or like that. Please reply

Correction 5 saab which one is being used as a traning platform. 4 chinesse platforms.

and by which year they will be among us

Here you go, courtesy Jawadqamar

Jane's Defence Weekly

Interview: Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Pakistan Air Force Chief of the Air Staff

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent

Other elements of the PAF's force expansion include the purchase of four Erieye airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft from Sweden.

The PAF expects to receive the first of these aircraft by end of this year and the other three next year.

ACM Qamar said the PAF has also signed a contract for the purchase of four Chinese airborne early warning and control aircraft. The first of these is due to arrive in 2011 and the remaining three will be delivered in 2012.

with all respect to TOPGUN, nightrider, barrett and ababeel pakistan is going to get 5 SAAB systems, out of these four will have the AWE&C platform whereas the fifth one is just a plane with no erieye radar and is meant to be used for training.
for the chines system PAF is set to go for KJ200 also know as Y8 (Y8 is the plane on which the radar will be installed just like SAAB2000 is the plane on which Erieye will be installed). Pakistan have also participated in development of this platform however as far as the number are concerned there is no concrete report from any officials of PAF. it is generally said that PAF will eventually go for 4 KJ200 systems however as i said the numbers are not official.

regards!

4 ZDK03 will be purchased from China i.e. customized KJ-200. As far as Erieye is concerned please have patient they will be here before end of year, Inshallah.

The below pictures which recently surfaced and were posted by our dear friend wangrong a few pages before in this thread speaks volume about the system PAF is gonna have. If we go by this model, it means we are not getting a linear shaped radar on the Chinese platform, rather a dome version. And the aircraft which came to Chaklala was also a dome version not the linear shaped one, so both these things give credibility to the notion that we will not be getting a KJ200 system, but a miniature version of the radar or AEW&C being used on the Chinese KJ2000 (IL76/78).

So PAF most probably would be using the 4 Saab 2000 platform Erieye Linear Shaped Radar AEW&C systems and 4 dome shaped radar Chinese AEW&C on a Chinese Y-8 platform & not the Linear shaped KJ200.

taimikhan

Nice observation and find. One more thing official calendar of PAF for 2009 also showed something like above pics. But on forums people are just sure what ZDK03 will be but again looking at above pics... We all might need to rethink about this plane :)

taimikhan

Nice observation and find. One more thing official calendar of PAF for 2009 also showed something like above pics. But on forums people are just sure what ZDK03 will be but again looking at above pics... We all might need to rethink about this plane :)

I myself find it amazing that even after these pictures were pasted, people still talk that PAF will get linear shaped version.

If we are getting one linear shaped version, doesn't implies that we have to get the other system also a linear shaped one.

This pic clearly gives a msg that PAF will be getting the dome version.

It is getting close for Pakistan, i doubt Pakistan will ever get any military assistance from US.
On the other hand india does not have functioning nuclear bomb or reliable missile programme.
If indians are serious about nuclear war than it must be US behind this hype.
Quitness of world over threats of nuclear war is self explanatory.
Icing on the cake would be to inform you that 6yrs long of F-Solas MLU and P-3C's upgrade schemes of INDO-ZION's are to buy time and to use PAK nation to its peril. The sooner you understand and get out of the Mula/Carrot, better you would be, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom