What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I posted panel of arrays in fav. of my argument but problem here is you even can't provide anything like this in fav. of your claim of FC-20 being upgraded with Western radars and avionics. Do u have any news item or any interview in that regard? I don't think so...

So, to me, personal opinion also don't prove anything.

I do not wanna waist my time researching over and over again. Kindly go through J-10/FC-20 thread in main aviation section. :)

...technologies will come handy for military projects through commercial projects like AJR-21 ...

Majority of this is dual technology so there is one direct help. On all of the US DOD projects, Chinese engineers are working and right now there is a brain drain in the direction of China.

Last but not least, US and Western defence companies will gain the most if China becomes a competition because this way these companies will have more orders from the US govt. to subsidize the impact and also increased funding for R&D.

There are many other benefits for the US comanies so use your head and you will understand.:)

Majority of this is dual technology so there is one direct help. On all of the US DOD projects, Chinese engineers are working and right now there is a brain drain in the direction of China.

Last but not least, US and Western defence companies will gain the most if China becomes a competition because this way these companies will have more orders from the US govt. to subsidize the impact and also increased funding for R&D.

There are many other benefits for the US comanies so use your head and you will understand.:)

No direct help. Agreement documents language is very strict when it comes to US companies help someone out side US.

Brain drain will bring technical know how which will be used in Chinese own R&D to produce a local product... this is not equal to having Western systems onboard with ur local fighter jet or other projects.

Yeah Yeah.... Do u remember what China did with Su-27... lol It ripped apart Russian share in Flanker export market and Russian are yelling like hell over this... Dear if Western companies bring something senstive in China it will not remain in that premises i can grantee you. Chinese will have a license to do what they do best;'Reverse Engineering'. Europe and US both knows this then there is a political aspect of this matter as well how far US will allow Boeing or Honeywell to cooperate with China before authorities sense that now is time to cut the wing of technology.

Best thing happening to China is increase in skilled work force and growing economy... That is all you need for a sustained R&D. Why would China like to remain behind US and West when it can afford to throw resources to bridge that technical gap ASAP?

I am using my head thanks for advice but when did the same last time?:what:

No direct help. Agreement documents language is very strict when it comes to US companies help someone out side US.

I know, I have worked on some of these contracts. Issue is there are options to work around it. Greed is also a big factor.

Dear if Western companies bring something senstive in China it will not remain in that premises i can grantee you. Chinese will have a license to do what they do best;'Reverse Engineering'. Europe and US both knows this then there is a political aspect of this matter as well how far US will allow Boeing or Honeywell to cooperate with China before authorities sense that now is time to cut the wing of technology..

Executives in a board room don't care because they know the market for China will remain limited and they also see competition as a way to get more busniess from the govt. of the US. Keep in mind that these companies don't earn most revenue from forign countries but most revnue comes from the US DOD and NATO.

If there is no advnacement in Chinese technology then USAF will stop at JSF which means that these companies are only providing spares for JSF. This also means massive lay offs in the US economy and also in the EU economy.

The only way to keep things moving is to create a threat which has competitive technology[/QUOTE]

I know, I have worked on some of these contracts. Issue is there are options to work around it. Greed is also a big factor.

Executives in a board room don't care because they know the market for China will remain limited and they also see competition as a way to get more busniess from the govt. of the US. Keep in mind that these companies don't earn most revenue from forign countries but most revnue comes from the US DOD and NATO.

If there is no advnacement in Chinese technology then USAF will stop at JSF which means that these companies are only providing spares for JSF. This also means massive lay offs in the US economy and also in the EU economy.

The only way to keep things moving is to create a threat which has competitive technology

But why and how?

If China offer more capable fighters at cheaper price I don't think market will remain same as what it is today. Other than that due to its foreign policy unlike US/West, China will eager to grab more and more market share by offering military hardware without any strings attached to many countries which can't afford any such thing due to political reasons.

I know this will not happen in next 5 years or so but it is bound to happen thats for sure.

KJ200

2(Pilot )+4(Operator )=6

4 operators sounds very small for a big aircraft!
Are there only 4 work stations?
In the crash news from 2006 it said crew of 40!!!

4 operators sounds very small for a big aircraft!
Are there only 4 work stations?
In the crash news from 2006 it said crew of 40!!!

What... :blink:?

Bro there must be aviation engineers and other staff onboard for testing and evaluation. As far as being less operator it can be a possibility as with help of modern tech one operator can display data from multiple sensors on his console.

But why and how?

If China offer more capable fighters at cheaper price I don't think market will remain same as what it is today. Other than that due to its foreign policy unlike US/West, China will eager to grab more and more market share by offering military hardware without any strings attached to many countries which can't afford any such thing due to political reasons.

I know this will not happen in next 5 years or so but it is bound to happen thats for sure.

China will not have a relationship on the Pakistani model and Chinese influence in other govt. will be limited.

For example, Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud is THE closest US friend from the Royal family and he is now back in the Kingdom and was appointed as the Secretary-General of the National Security Council for KSA. There are many people like him protecting the US interests in many countries.

Also keep in mind that China may be ready in 5 to 7 years with competitive technology but countries around the world may not be ready to switch over from Western technology.

One big benefit US has is that its technology is war proven however, Chinese technology has yet to see action.

Last but not least, US companies and EU companies make most money by selling to the US and NATO etc which will not switch.

What... :blink:?

Bro there must be aviation engineers and other staff onboard for testing and evaluation. As far as being less operator it can be a possibility as with help of modern tech one operator can display data from multiple sensors on his console.

crash in 2006,yes!
40 on board,yes!
They were aviation engineers and other staff onboard for testing and evaluation in 2006 before its real massive production.
2(Pilot )+4(Operator )=6 ?
No, there are 3+3=6 pilots ( another 3 pilots are used to instead~~~)

Operator? no one knows!!!

China will not have a relationship on the Pakistani model and Chinese influence in other govt. will be limited.
Any particular reason for that. China is investing heavily in Africa too. Yes Pakistan is next door but I don't think it will remain only beneficiary when it comes to defense ties. Thing is China is just taking start and it will take a while before it start finding some markets for its products.

For example, Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud is THE closest US friend from the Royal family and he is now back in the Kingdom and was appointed as the Secretary-General of the National Security Council for KSA. There are many people like him protecting the US interests in many countries.

Yeah but every country is not KSA w.r.t. economy. It all comes to economy. Africa, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Latin America ... lots of potential.

Also keep in mind that China may be ready in 5 to 7 years with competitive technology but countries around the world may not be ready to switch over from Western technology.
Countries like ME, KSA, India, Brazil, ...may be you are right. But what about whole world?

One big benefit US has is that its technology is war proven however, Chinese technology has yet to see action.
Will have to agree there.

Last but not least, US companies and EU companies make most money by selling to the US and NATO etc which will not switch.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom