What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Bro I think you are talking about this one
j019_1_mar15.jpg

Well there is another one which is not delivered yet it has all the sensors on board and will be in Pakistan till end of 2009.
Just for your comfort.... EX ACM is in middle just look who happy he is and very rightly so :)
9e97695c4099f6061edd47c1f3a63445.jpg

Just to clarify another thing that PAF Erieye will be using latest generation of SAAB AEW&C radar.
30fbd6a88b0be249f471196d98ab438b.jpg

Now PAF obviously keep the exact specs of its plane as classified but one can understand this radar is not something like Greek or Brazil got it is entirely a new beast. (Emphasis is on "New Generation") :agree:

yes Pakshaheen this is the one deleivered to train the crew on plane. it do not carry any radar. the second pic is not pf an erieye with PAF. so the confusion stay there, what is the plane in post no 976.
again, Mr. Owais and Kurshed can you clear this for us!!

regards!

yes Pakshaheen this is the one deleivered to train the crew on plane. it do not carry any radar. the second pic is not pf an erieye with PAF. so the confusion stay there, what is the plane in post no 976.
again, Mr. Owais and Kurshed can you clear this for us!!

regards!

Bro this system is currently under extensive testing by PAF in Sweden and this is Pakistan Erieye if you read on the radar what is written there :agree: only confusion is about its arrival in Pakistan. There was a news item associated with this pic as well when it was rolled out for PAF, indeed in Sweden.

that is what i am asking about bro??
everyone see it to be a SAAB erieye,, no confusion in that.
all i want to know is where is this pic taken and is it from the trails going on in Sweden or have we received the first bird which i seriously doubt as there is no no news about it!
i didnt wanted to make a guess but it is creating a lot of confusion so let me asy that , i guess it is the one in sweden undergoing trails. now i request owais and kurshed to correct me if i got it wrong!
more over what there writtenn on radar as you claimed that confirms it as PAF bird. i dont see any such thing, can you kindly guide me to it:
f462031e59c0d4102076df91ce6bd9d8.jpg

regards!

It is probably taken in Sweden as there are no PAF Markings on it.I think they will be delivered next month.As ACM said first will be delivered in Oct.

that is what i am asking about bro??
everyone see it to be a SAAB erieye,, no confusion in that.
all i want to know is where is this pic taken and is it from the trails going on in Sweden or have we received the first bird which i seriously doubt as there is no no news about it!
i didnt wanted to make a guess but it is creating a lot of confusion so let me asy that , i guess it is the one in sweden undergoing trails. now i request owais and kurshed to correct me if i got it wrong!
more over what there writtenn on radar as you claimed that confirms it as PAF bird. i dont see any such thing, can you kindly guide me to it:
f462031e59c0d4102076df91ce6bd9d8.jpg

regards!

The pictures are from Sweden.

Final flight testing going on.

Just to clarify another thing that PAF Erieye will be using latest generation of SAAB AEW&C radar.
30fbd6a88b0be249f471196d98ab438b.jpg

Now PAF obviously keep the exact specs of its plane as classified but one can understand this radar is not something like Greek or Brazil got it is entirely a new beast. (Emphasis is on "New Generation") :agree:
Or it just means that the Saab 2000 Erieye is the "New Generation" of AWACS aircrafts from Saab and the successor of the Saab 340 Erieye.
I think you read too much out of these 2 words, there might be some new capabilities, but it could be only minor differences.
Specially if that pic shows really the Saab 2000 Erieye in the final tests before PAF will get it, because as you can see, there are no bigger airframe changes to the normal Saab 2000. So no additional radar arrays, or other visual changes that could hint of new capabilites. That means if there is something new, or different it can be only electronically.

Well there is another one which is not delivered yet it has all the sensors on board and will be in Pakistan till end of 2009.
Friends/Brothers,

As the delivery date is approaching, Indian usual Satanism is coming into play like they always cry, whine and complain against PAK-MIL's minimal acquisition as oppose to their unbelievable purchase of military hardware. Their stripping-rhetoric against PAK has extended beyond physical level and gone as far as executive agenda of their prime and foreign minister with Westerners. Now a days, their TV hosts or paid stooges pick on PAK-personality like MUSH to what on earth PAK has been doing with U.S's weapons beyond the usage of WOT? He being a certified naive complies with their desirous response and then Indians take it to the state Dept. to make case against PAK that U.S.'s weapons would be used against them. With such cunningness, Indian's motive get clear, they are trying to block all the upcoming western arms deliveries to PAK-MIL but unfortunately GOP or any of the concerned higher ups isn't reciprocating Indian conniving action. For decades, IND has been successfully killing all the efforts of PAK-MILs to acquire potent weapons from west but GOP, people of PAK seems still in a sleep and believing in Indian Gaja/Deception like Hindi/Pindi Vhai Vhai :woot:

Friends/Brothers,

As the delivery date is approaching, Indian usual Satanism is coming into play like they always cry, whine and complain against PAK-MIL's minimal acquisition as oppose to their unbelievable purchase of military hardware. Their stripping-rhetoric against PAK has extended beyond physical level and gone as far as executive agenda of their prime and foreign minister with Westerners. Now a days, their TV hosts or paid stooges pick on PAK-personality like MUSH to what on earth PAK has been doing with U.S's weapons beyond the usage of WOT? He being a certified naive complies with their desirous response and then Indians take it to the state Dept. to make case against PAK that U.S.'s weapons would be used against them. With such cunningness, Indian's motive get clear, they are trying to block all the upcoming western arms deliveries to PAK-MIL but unfortunately GOP or any of the concerned higher ups isn't reciprocating Indian conniving action. For decades, IND has been successfully killing all the efforts of PAK-MILs to acquire potent weapons from west but GOP, people of PAK seems still in a sleep and believing in Indian Gaja/Deception like Hindi/Pindi Vhai Vhai :woot:

Yap i agree Indian Media is just like what you can say "Propaganda Machine". We have seen it in the Mumbai scenario. Pakistani Media, Unfortunately is busy in "meera marriage" stuff. Just look at Geo :lol:

Or it just means that the Saab 2000 Erieye is the "New Generation" of AWACS aircrafts from Saab and the successor of the Saab 340 Erieye.
I think you read too much out of these 2 words, there might be some new capabilities, but it could be only minor differences.
Specially if that pic shows really the Saab 2000 Erieye in the final tests before PAF will get it, because as you can see, there are no bigger airframe changes to the normal Saab 2000. So no additional radar arrays, or other visual changes that could hint of new capabilites. That means if there is something new, or different it can be only electronically.

"The SAAB 2000 Erieye AEW&C utilises the latest generation Erieye radar"

Where is emphasis... clearly it is on RADAR not on plane:agree: Yes a radar can be generation ahead with updating T/R module alone as well which don't require any physical changes.

Yap i agree Indian Media is just like what you can say "Propaganda Machine". We have seen it in the Mumbai scenario. Pakistani Media, Unfortunately is busy in "meera marriage" stuff. Just look at Geo :lol:
Please start writing editors, generals, columnists and inject the 'War of word rhetoric' into media-men, bloggers, web-warriors etc., where ever you can. It seems like your GOVT. and army top brasses are completely sold-out along with some Media personalities. I clearly see PAK is about to be disintegrating again until miracle happens.

And one last thing that I don't understand is the passion for participant’s technical know-how, whereas delivery should be secured at this stage no matter what. IND already took delivery of its first Phalcon AWACS. But where is the rush on PAK's side or at least talk on supposed SEPT-OCT, 09 delivery of the first ERIE one.:hitwall:

Now a days, their TV hosts or paid stooges pick on PAK-personality like MUSH to what on earth PAK has been doing with U.S's weapons beyond the usage of WOT? He being a certified naive complies with their desirous response and then Indians take it to the state Dept. to make case against PAK that U.S.'s weapons would be used against them. With such cunningness, Indian's motive get clear, they are trying to block all the upcoming western arms deliveries to PAK-MIL

Yes, my friend, the Indians make a lot of noise, but the Swedes are not stupid. They are not going to take the Indians' word for it. They would read the actual interview transcript for themselves and decide that there is no "news" and no "violations".

It only makes the Indians look like idiots, and the deal will go ahead anyway.

Abnother article about new gen system on SAAB-2000

Pakistan's aircraft has five on-board operator stations, versus three on modified EMB-145s and Sweden's two upgraded Saab 340s, a service ceiling of over 30,000ft (9,150m) and a mission endurance approaching 10h. The type also features enhanced engines, new generators, additional cooling for on-board mission equipment and a Saab HES-21 electronic warfare suite comprising laser, radar and missile approach warners and countermeasures dispensers.

The aircraft's fuselage has been strengthened to carry the Erieye radar, while its vertical tail has been extended to compensate for the payload, which provides 150e_SDgr coverage to each side of its conformal array. The Saab 2000's outer wing has also been strengthened to accommodate EW and signals intelligence sensors, and for the possible carriage of a towed radar decoy.

Saab says the use of new-generation radar transmit/receive modules with 60% higher output have increased the AEW range of the Erieye design, which can also now detect hovering helicopters and track small naval targets to a range of 350km (190nm).

The global fleet of Saab 2000s now totals 58 airframes. Around 20 of these are owned by the Swedish manufacturer's aircraft leasing unit, which says the type has a projected operating life of at least 75,000 flight hours. "We have sufficient aircraft for a lot of different customers," says Andersson, adding: "Given typical utilisation, they are due to operate for the next 35 to 40 years."
Saab scans AEW market for new Erieye buyers

Back
Top Bottom