What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

yeah.....can there be an invite only or permission only thread ?

this thread is seriously messed up i vote for starting a new thread

if you want a invite only thread please start it on an invite only forum or else this forum will lose its credibility

:cheers:

Yeah this post is seriously messed up. I also vote for starting a new thread. HAHA ZOB you can't be more correct. :lol: Nearly every Indian which I have asked about Phalcon specs says it is the most advanced and that's it.

Last edited:
Phalcon uses the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), an active phased array radar. This radar consists of an array transmit/receive (T/R) modules that allow a beam to be electronically steered, making a physically rotating rotodome unnecessary. AESA radars have very short to instantaneous scanning rates, which makes them difficult to detect.

Phalcon radars can be mounted on the an aircraft's fuselage or on the top inside a small dome. Either position gives the radar 360 degree coverage. This allows it to track high maneuvering targets and low flying objects from hundreds of kilometers away, under all weather conditions, in both day and night.its range vary from 300-450 km depending upon customer.iIndia got 450 km one.
below link will give u more guidance.
Phalcon

Phalcon uses the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), an active phased array radar. This radar consists of an array transmit/receive (T/R) modules that allow a beam to be electronically steered, making a physically rotating rotodome unnecessary. AESA radars have very short to instantaneous scanning rates, which makes them difficult to detect.

Phalcon radars can be mounted on the an aircraft's fuselage or on the top inside a small dome. Either position gives the radar 360 degree coverage. This allows it to track high maneuvering targets and low flying objects from hundreds of kilometers away, under all weather conditions, in both day and night.its range vary from 300-450 km depending upon customer.iIndia got 450 km one.
Phalcon

The figures quoted are moot anyway as they do not give true ranges and usually don't account for factors such as electronic clutter.
Your claim of india getting a 450km model is ludicrous as this the first time anyone has suggested this.

The figures quoted are moot anyway as they do not give true ranges and usually don't account for factors such as electronic clutter.
Your claim of india getting a 450km model is ludicrous as this the first time anyone has suggested this.
i have provided u the exact figures and i am not saying India got best coz new variant used by Israel called Eitam have range of 650 km.

india has INTER CONTINENTAL AWACS NOW.....ranges of 650kms damn!!!! ok listen guys i think this forum specially these threads are beomcing a stuid idiotic penis measuring contest and i think i am also a part of the whole mess so i am sorry... i won't get involved in ur stupid dick contests ...

i just want to know what are the major diffrences betwen 737-700 Airborne Early Warning & Control E7A, Multi-role Electronically Scanned Array RADAR Antenna (737-700 AEW&C MESA RADAR Antenna). and our EREIYE....

The Erieye system, radar provides 360 degree coverage and has an instrumental range of 450km and detection range of 350 km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environment — in heavy radar clutter and at low target altitudes. In addition to this, the radar is also capable of identifying friends or foes, and has a sea surveillance mode.

The Erieye system has full interoperability with NATO air defence command and control systems.

This what u guys are getting.
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/emb/

You are right and the description is correct. However, this does not make the system the "most advanced" as some have claimed because all AESA radars work the same basic way and there are many AESA radars out there.

I'm sure you're right about this as well, except the ranges. Theoretical/ideal ranges differ from actual/tested ranges just like the horsepower listed in the car's manual is not what the car actually produces. Marketing guys always over-quote performance figures, and we engineers hate them for it, for obvious reasons. In any case, again, this does not make the system the "most advanced" out there as some have claimed.

What one could mean by "most advanced" is that it provides all you can ask for in modern AEWACS. I am sure the Phalcon does this because India can afford to buy the best possible platform. It'll be an interesting contest to see the Erieye and Phalcon in contest once they are inducted.

Last edited:

Phalcon

Its time this whole fourm gets over the ACTIVE PHASED ARRAY crush, Look Buddy Right now The Whole world is producing these things.

And one more thing , your radar will be on the cheeks of the aircraft under its skin and nose dome....check again , only nose wont give you coverage.

Its practical ranges are alot lesser then the theoratical ranges. Check it up if you have some one on the inside
:tup:

i have provided u the exact figures and i am not saying India got best coz new variant used by Israel called Eitam have range of 650 km.

No you haven't provided any figures or facts at all .....listen we have been discussing this for a long time on this forum and seen all the web pages you have quoted....I suggest you look at what the distance to the horizon would be at the maximum altitude for the Il-76 (13000 metres)....Unless the radar is powerful enough to look through solid rock then the distance you are quoting is useless.

Its time this whole fourm gets over the ACTIVE PHASED ARRAY crush, Look Buddy Right now The Whole world is producing these things.

And one more thing , your radar will be on the cheeks of the aircraft under its skin and nose dome....check again , only nose wont give you coverage.

Its practical ranges are alot lesser then the theoratical ranges. Check it up if you have some one on the inside
:tup:

Just a quick point. The Indian awacs does not have the same configuration as the Chilean one. It's radr will be based in a radome which would allow 360 degree coverge.

Back
Top Bottom