What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

well our ACM had said last year at the Defence day that the first SAAB would be given to us in 2009 and after trials and testing in our airspace the system will be inducted into our Airforce by mid 2009. So yes... it will be just like the indians got there Phalcons but are still under going testing in there airspace we will also start our testing soon. tc

Cant wait to see the pic's of our saab soon!

Just looking back at some of the interviews that CAS, PAF has given, I wanted to bring one issue to light and that is the integration of the fighters with the AEW platforms. Some have suggested that PAF would have a two tier approach. Chinese fighters linked to the Chinese AEW platforms and western platforms (F-16 etc.) linked to the Erieye. I think this is a fallacy and believe that all of the platforms will be on one grid and Data Linked to the Erieye as well as the Chinese solution.

A further proof of this was provided in a slightly old interview of the CAS with Dawn, take a read:

Q. What are measures taken for this system to be compatible with PAF fighters?
Ans. All the combat aircraft in PAF’s inventory will be linked to the Erieye system by a data link. New as well as upgraded F-16s, F-10A and JF-17 Thunders are equipped with data links. We are moving towards Network centric Warfare, and for that we have worked out on a plan for the modernization of Pakistan Airforce.

To me, the above proves beyond a shadow of doubt that all of the PAF assets would be managed by the Erieye regardless of the origin (I.e. Chinese or US)

Just looking back at some of the interviews that CAS, PAF has given, I wanted to bring one issue to light and that is the integration of the fighters with the AEW platforms. Some have suggested that PAF would have a two tier approach. Chinese fighters linked to the Chinese AEW platforms and western platforms (F-16 etc.) linked to the Erieye. I think this is a fallacy and believe that all of the platforms will be on one grid and Data Linked to the Erieye as well as the Chinese solution.

A further proof of this was provided in a slightly old interview of the CAS with Dawn, take a read:

To me, the above proves beyond a shadow of doubt that all of the PAF assets would be managed by the Erieye regardless of the origin (I.e. Chinese or US)

this is huge if it is achieved!

Notice in this picture there are some antennas sticking out from the top of KJ-200 aka ZDK-03, just in front of the radar array. If they are satellite communication antennas, then wouldn't it suggest that PAF has access to a satellite for communications at least?
Untitled1.jpg

Notice in this picture there are some antennas sticking out from the top of KJ-200 aka ZDK-03, just in front of the radar array. If they are satellite communication antennas, then wouldn't it suggest that PAF has access to a satellite for communications at least?
Untitled1.jpg

are you sure where the pic was taken!!

i mean instead of guess that the PAF have access to communication satellite just from the antennas we could also think that this plane do not belong to us!!!:azn:

antennas pointing up does not mean its for satellite communication but for satellite com. u need antennas pointing upward and the satellite may of any origin

:cheers:

:hitwall:

Since it is a Force multiplier , it needs to be guarded , for that need depth and that my friend is missing.... moreover how do yo plan to deploy it ? is it going to be near FEBA or at the rear? if at the rear then it isn't of much se ! if yo try to use it for strike guidance and recovery yo need additional CAP to safe gard it , and what about the BVR scenario, that too at high altitude !!!

I dont think AWACS wold be cost effective, What we need is a Potent BVR like A-darter or R-darter...and Grippen wold work as the Poor man's F-16 , Pulse our Aircraft needs AIs ....Some really Good up gradation :pakistan:

Last edited:
well what to prove???PHALCON IS THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED AIRBORNE EARLY WARNING SYSTEM...even more advanced than NATO's E-3 C sentry which uses machanically rotating antenna(rotodome) so let alone eyrie...

this link will prove that phalcon is the worlds most advanced awacs.(read carefully)

Sorry to break your bubble BuT NO phalcon cant do that.... and by the way all the modern radars are Active Phased array radars, wether they r ground based or air ....and jamming isn't a child's play....just like yo have smart jammers there are smart transmitters...try to read about ECCM :cheers:

I am Still wondering, Who Planned to Bring in these things....

1. Where are we gonna use them ?

2. How are we gonna protect them?

3. What sort of missions will they undertake?

4. It wont be in an offensive stance, due to sevral reasons , isnt it ?
:tsk:

250 JF17's, 36 J10's and some 90 Block52 can do the job easily... Protecting doesn't mean you need hundreds of airplanes... 50% will be airborne and even then we will have double view, add to that ground based radars and you will have somethin unhealthy for our opponent.

The Indians are making much noise about that they are now being to able to see through Pakistan... Well, They did that in the past pretty good. Pakistan is a flat area and it is easy to have some people watching somwthing going up. We had problems with Indian depth. Now we can look 300-400 km inside India... We can see every troop movement. We can see every ship. We can see every plane... Certainly the huge RCS of the MKI...

250 JF17's, 36 J10's and some 90 Block52 can do the job easily... Protecting doesn't mean you need hundreds of airplanes... 50% will be airborne and even then we will have double view, add to that ground based radars and you will have somethin unhealthy for our opponent.

The Indians are making much noise about that they are now being to able to see through Pakistan... Well, They did that in the past pretty good. Pakistan is a flat area and it is easy to have some people watching somwthing going up. We had problems with Indian depth. Now we can look 300-400 km inside India... We can see every troop movement. We can see every ship. We can see every plane... Certainly the huge RCS of the MKI...

Munir.
Brother I fully agree with your assessment. However, I dont think the numbers of F16Bl 52s are going to be there. Depending on regional situation PAF may wait for FC20 and induct it in larger numbers. Unless you meant all f16s rather than just Block 52s alone!! Have I misunderstood you ?

By the time all the F16's go through MLU and 18 new F16's arrive, we will have 78 F16 Block 52's. On top of that we are getting J10A's which is a very potent aircraft, J10B which is an advanced version of J10A will probablly be in PAF's inventory by 2014. So overall, in the past 10 years PAF has really leaped forward in terms of technology.

Back
Top Bottom