What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

notice how they have a bulge on the belly was not on the awacs post the attack.
that bulge is visible from quite some time see below (10025+11045 from last year)
SAAB-2000 (10025+11045)+KLJ-12-002.jpg

10040-1.jpg

& form this year
SAB-2000 (Aug-14-2017 rehearsal).jpg

It's unfortunate that each of the service arms recently bought special mission planes on other platforms, otherwise, a strong standardized domestic path could have been explored. That said, like the Super Mushshak, an export oriented revived Saab 2000 "modular special mission" platform that can swap in/out kits (for ISR, EW/ECM, ELINT/SIGINT) could be neat. As one can't arm them it might easier to market to a wide variety of countries in the developing world, especially those interested in building special mission capabilities.
what ISR, EW/ECM, ELINT/SIGINT solutions are being used at present?

it was not present at that time ....
hence my point proven.......

Nops, KJ500 = ZDK03
i thought the Pakistani awac only has a pesa whilst the kj-500 has an aesa+ additional sensors.

note below the additional side and nose sensors
hd-photo-of-chinas-kj-500-aewc.jpg

note below pakistani awac with no exterior sensors which the above kj-500 has...
CETC-ZDK-03-AEW+C-Karakoram-Eagle-2.jpg

also notice the radome of the kj-500 is split into 3 whilst the pakistani zdk only has 2 large pesa sensors.

Last edited:
So what happened of 10045?
From where did 11045 come?

i thought the Pakistani awac only has a pesa whilst the kj-500 has an aesa+ additional sensors.

note below pakistani awac with no exterior sensors which the above kj-500 has...

also notice the radome of the kj-500 is split into 3 whilst the pakistani zdk only has 2 large pesa sensors.
Karakoram eagle has a longer range than Erieye and is mostly used for tracking ships at sea.

Radar specs and sensors r different.

I guess ZDK-03 was a bespoke design made to PAF requirements and cannot be compared with any other exciting system. I am not saying its alien tech, i am saying it has different combination of sensors and capabilities is different.
Also the Firmware / Software is open to PAF for manipulation and adding new sensors.

could be a kj500
hd-photo-of-chinas-kj-500-aewc-by-longshi.jpg

good point probably a smaller variant at there may not be enough power to power a large sar. which is a good point.
or it could be some upgraded (local) des encryption communication antenna.
Doom are different

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom