What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

missing one is

025 and 045 on 23 march 2017
4499083.jpg

040 was spotted in 2015 airshow
paf_apr26dd.jpg

Imagine if Pakistan bought the IP rights to Saab 2000 same way it bought Saab Safari and turned it into a world class avaiation success story. Will find market domestic travel and also exported to other countries. So many possibilities too from military perspective @Quwa
PAF should first try to get ToT on Saab 2000 and EricEye, IP is the next step.

Major difference between round shaped and horizental radars on both awacs does it has any significant advantage between two

Google Earth says 27/04/2016
is one more zdk-03 is under construction in xian

NubMhXj.jpg

missing one is

025 and 045 on 23 march 2017
4499083.jpg

040 was spotted in 2015 airshow
paf_apr26dd.jpg
Maybe they're still working on the replacement. There were news of purchasing another unit...0049 must've been the write off

Maybe they're still working on the replacement. There were news of purchasing another unit...0049 must've been the write off
The '15-16 MoDP report said the PAF recovered the 4th Erieye - and that too at the cost of a new system (not including after-sale maintenance support).

Attachments

• Saab-Erieye-Recover.PNG
    Saab-Erieye-Recover.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 65
notice how they have a bulge on the belly was not on the awacs post the attack.

more like either the inclusion of sar or an upgraded link to ground
Yep seems like ground-facing systems. I'm not sure if it's SAR though - it'd have to be pretty small. The SAR compartment on the GlobalEye and even King Air 350ER is quite large (see here and here). I wonder if it's an EO/IR turret instead?

Google Earth says 27/04/2016
is one more zdk-03 is under construction in xian

View attachment 419318
could be a kj500
hd-photo-of-chinas-kj-500-aewc-by-longshi.jpg

Yep seems like ground-facing systems. I'm not sure if it's SAR though - it'd have to be pretty small. The SAR compartment on the GlobalEye and even King Air 350ER is quite large (see here and here). I wonder if it's an EO/IR turret instead?
good point probably a smaller variant at there may not be enough power to power a large sar. which is a good point.
or it could be some upgraded (local) des encryption communication antenna.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom