What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Hi,

If the air chief stated that---it was not very intelligent of him---rather stupid---. I would never down play a weapons system that I am using and my trusted friend is using---.

I would rather use a different terminology than down play the product---.

I mean to say---how stupid does the air chief of pakistan air force has to be to make such a statement---if he made that statement---or the person who made that statement---.
ZDK03 is good, and offered at sharply discount price for PAF. It's a strong passion for brotherhood, sometimes it may feel sting a little bit of gratuitous comment.

It's ok.

I'm very happy PAF inducting new AWACS.

PAF can update ZDK03 to Kj500 standard, it has very strong ESM capabity( installed at its side fuselage and radome).

And replace a more powerful turbo prop engine.

Although me and Zarvan perceive things differently, but we all desire to bring out the best for PAF. Hope he can understand.

China is Pakistan's best buddy, trust is very important.

If all 4 SAAB and 4 Chinese AWAC are operational than addition of 3 more takes the number to 11 that is massive number specially a country like Pakistan

May be he knows what I don't.

It took CETC (38the institute) almost four years to meet PAF specifications for an AWACS platform. The original platform lacked several features. The upgraded one has wingtip ESM fairings, faster rotating dome, more powerful ESA radar thanks to more powerful six blade WJ-6 turboprop engines, more targets being scanned and tracked, and has been upgraded with RTDL and link-17.

Regarding the ECM and ESM performance, it delivers the goods..

Do you see any unsatisfied faces here? I see many intrigued ones. ;)

ZDK-03_cabin.jpg

Last edited:
It took CETC (38the institute) almost four years to meet PAF specifications for an AWACS platform. The original platform lacked several features. The upgraded one has wingtip ESM fairings, faster rotating dome, more powerful ESA radar thanks to more powerful six blade WJ-6 turboprop engines, more targets being scanned and tracked, and has been upgraded with RTDL and link-17.

Regarding the ECM and ESM performance, it delivers the goods..

Do you see any unsatisfied faces here? I see many intrigued ones. ;)

ZDK-03_cabin.jpg
Who is the General in the picture?

These aircraft are needed to aquire targets for 500 + km cruise missiles which can strike moving targets at sea....

Thats why they were also targeted at kamra in the first place

Reply to this

If all 4 SAAB and 4 Chinese AWAC are operational than addition of 3 more takes the number to 11 that is massive number specially a country like Pakistan

it is extremely stupid to bring about comparison with Chinese Awacs and Erieye. Erieye are brought to augment our F-16 fleet which have link-16 capabilities. With these additional Erieyes we will never need our F-16 to do CAPs mission and their direct integration means we don't need additional arrangements to get them into service. Chinese awacs are every bit as good as Eireyes and they have their specific task in PAF inventory. They will primarily be used with JF-17s datalink. After Saab we will definitely have to revise our order of ZDks too... as we are adding more n more squadrons of Jf-17s. Two systems have no comparison and have their own specific purpose.

it is extremely stupid to bring about comparison with Chinese Awacs and Erieye. Erieye are brought to augment our F-16 fleet which have link-16 capabilities. With these additional Erieyes we will never need our F-16 to do CAPs mission and their direct integration means we don't need additional arrangements to get them into service. Chinese awacs are every bit as good as Eireyes and they have their specific task in PAF inventory. They will primarily be used with JF-17s datalink. After Saab we will definitely have to revise our order of ZDks too... as we are adding more n more squadrons of Jf-17s. Two systems have no comparison and have their own specific purpose.
DAZZLER said ZKD03 had been updated with RTDL and Link17.

Which means it can lead F16 as well.

This might have been the original plan. Think back to 2005-2006 when the PAF sought 6 Erieye and the PN wanted 3 P-3B-based Hawkeye 2000 (link). It's possible that the ZDK03s are being assigned for maritime support missions (in place of the Hawkeye 2000) and the PAF is building its mainland AEW&C force with the Erieye.
Plans are made for ten to fifteen years so you may be pretty close to what the actual deal is.

Link-17 needs a ground station to work with link-16.

DAZZLER said ZKD03 had been updated with RTDL and Link17.

Which means it can lead F16 as well.
I believe the link 17 is an inhouse solution, f16s use the link 16 standard. So voice communication can be done but may be data transfer not possible.

But then again u never know what has PAF in store.

Plans are made for ten to fifteen years so you may be pretty close to what the actual deal is.

Link-17 needs a ground station to work with link-16.
Yep. I don't mean to say that only the ZDK03s will be there for maritime support. In fact, No. 5 (Block-52+) is in Southern Air Command and there have been Facebook clips of those pilots wearing life-support vests. So there will be Erieye AEW&C to help the SAC F-16s and JF-17s.

However, I think the ZDK03 will work in close unison with the PN's assets, as was originally intended with the Hawkeye 2000. But the Hawkeye 2000 was intended for a time when the PN wanted 6 OHPs, Type 214s and Harpoon-armed aviation and fast-attack assets.

Today, the ZDK03 makes more sense considering how many Chinese systems and weapons the PN is intended (and if not Chinese, then 'local' stuff that Pakistan won't be allowed to mate with U.S. hardware or systems).

Back
Top Bottom