What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Can any one confirm that both damaged AWACS were rebuilt and repaired. Because members here know about one being repaired and if this is true than after coming of three new AWACS Pakistani AWACS will be 11 in total. @Windjammer @Oscar
The article clearly states that. What further confirmation you want.

ZDK-03 is quite a capable package with a robust radar especially over the sea. It has more search and detection ranges than Erieye, and has been poven service friendly. Now if you get four of these for just $178 million, count your lucky stars. Comparing it with Erieye is a no brainer, Sweden has been churning AWACS's for decades and was among the first to develop an aesa based system. Even Americans couldn't do that with their sentries.

Again, for the price you paid to China, ZDKs are a great deal.
Seems PAF will operate 10 AWACS in the future, it's a great news! That's hell lot of AWACS there.

Chinese have caught up with the west in almost all the sophisticated techs, if they lag behind in some than im sure in a decade they will be ahead of even the west in many domains, dont take @Zarvan posts the wrong way, he is in absolute mad love with euro weapons, not his fault..
Yeh, he is a big fan of western platform. So as PLAAF. PLAAF want to combine the merits of USA platform with Soviet ones. ZDK03 definitely get bang for the bucks of PAF paid.

I will call it a brotherhood offer.

I think ZDK03 will replace with new DESA same on the KJ500?

Seems PAF will operate 10 AWACS in the future, it's a great news! That's hell lot of AWACS there.

Hi,

That is indeed a lots of awacs---. What I think is that the Paf is trying to cover all aspect of attacks with an early warning platform.

As early warning platform are cheaper than fighter sqdrn over all---which man---one awac can look a large area and can warn the base in a timely manner for an coming attack.

PAF not happy with its ECM and ESM

We don't know the capabilities of KJ-500 so comparison is not possible, I am not trying to insult Chinese products but rather than stated the fact from PAF qoutes by @Arsalan and @Dazzler, pardon me if you hurt:angel:
KJ500's DESA has 470KM detection range with 360 degree coverage, can track 100 targets at the same time. I say not bad.

The type 6c turbo prop engine of KJ500 AWACS produce 5100 HP more than 4000 HP of Type 6 prop engine on ZDK03. And the platform of KJ500 is Y9, while the platform of ZDK03 is Y8. I say ZDK03 is cost effective and capable of fulfilling the needs of PAF. If in the future PAF can induct some KJ500, it could be even better. It's only my 2 cents.

He didn't say anything about quality, rather Chinese systems meeting our requirements.
Dazzler said ZDK03 can fulfill the requirement of PAF.

Instead of keeping 20/30 fighters in the air waiting for the intruders, its a lot better/cheaper/efficient to keep the AWACS in the air monitoring enemy movement and providing timely warning/guidance to the AD platforms for a direct and efficient interception.

Hi,

That is indeed a lots of awacs---. What I think is that the Paf is trying to cover all aspect of attacks with an early warning platform.

As early warning platform are cheaper than fighter sqdrn over all---which man---one awac can look a large area and can warn the base in a timely manner for an coming attack.

Hi,

This might have been the original plan. Think back to 2005-2006 when the PAF sought 6 Erieye and the PN wanted 3 P-3B-based Hawkeye 2000 (link). It's possible that the ZDK03s are being assigned for maritime support missions (in place of the Hawkeye 2000) and the PAF is building its mainland AEW&C force with the Erieye.

Hi,

It's a perfect strategy. Since IAF only know pile stack the fighter jets, PAF sure has superior tactics to deal with it.

This might have been the original plan. Think back to 2005-2006 when the PAF sought 6 Erieye and the PN wanted 3 P-3B-based Hawkeye 2000 (link). It's possible that the ZDK03s are being assigned for maritime support missions (in place of the Hawkeye 2000) and the PAF is building its mainland AEW&C force with the Erieye.
@Dazzler Is the ZDK03 supposed to deal with Maritime support mission only? I don't think so.

May be he knows what I don't.
Seems he is quite informed by the insider.

Hi,

These aircraft are needed to aquire targets for 500 + km cruise missiles which can strike moving targets at sea....

Thats why they were also targeted at kamra in the first place

P3b is very good, but super expensive.

Don't ever try to first blame everything on Chinese quality.

I don't like it.

Hi,

If the air chief stated that---it was not very intelligent of him---rather stupid---. I would never down play a weapons system that I am using and my trusted friend is using---.

I would rather use a different terminology than down play the product---.

I mean to say---how stupid does the air chief of pakistan air force has to be to make such a statement---if he made that statement---or the person who made that statement---.

Back
Top Bottom