What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

8371673.jpg

4th zdk-03
8371674.jpg

Just wondering, Is pakistan interested and in needs of acquiring a few AWACS? :)

Note from Admin: This thread is now a thread to discuss Comparison & Analysis of Pakistans AWACs Capability. Keep things down and mature for discussion.

Cheers.

Was just going through the first post on this thread and it brought a smile on face to think what our air force has achieved from the time this thread was started. Alhamdulillah, with the motivation, dedication and hard work of our boys, today we have not one but two fully inducted and operational AWACs platforms sending jitters through the hearts of our enemies. It was a dream considering none of the western countries were ready to cooperate with our nation on this issue AND The speed at which this dream was realised is phenomenal.

Well done Pakistan Airforce, we are proud of you.

hello i m new i just want whats is the best aew : zdk03 or saab eriye ?thks

Hi,

Both are equally good----it all depends on your training and staff manning those consoles and their superiors---

From what I have heard, the ZDK03 has better & longer coverage, less susceptible to EW & Clutter, higher MTBF, can track more targets, as well as smaller CM sized targets at longer distances. Plus the aircraft can stay up in the air longer than the Saab Eriye.

More learned members can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your reponse.
Other question.your saab eriye and drdo of indian ,its similary ?

Thanks for your reponse.
Other question.your saab eriye and drdo of indian ,its similary ?

Sorry Welcome. Is it true Algeria is interested in indian AWA&C which has similar antenna as erieye?

Hi the drdo in jully on Algeria It's just a ferry stop on it's way from Brazil to India
icon_wink.gif

An eye in the sky: Pakistan Air-force inducts ZDK-03, the 5th Chinese AWACS
Posted on March 1, 2015(Asia Despatch News)

Islamabad: Another defense strengthening step has been taken by Pakistan, as the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) inducts the fifth Chinese made ZDK-03 AWACS (Airborne-Warning And Control System) aircraft into its inventory, a system that would give the PAF eagle eyes in the skies.

The official commissioning ceremony was held at the Pakistan Air Force’s Masroor Base, located near Karachi, in the presence of the Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. According to sources, the unique aircraft will be operated by the No. 4 Squadron based at Masroor.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, addressing the ceremony, said Pakistan is a peace-loving country, and pursues peaceful relations with the international community, especially with its neighbours.

“However, we stand determined to safeguard our national interests and uphold our sovereignty against any aggressor,” he said.

Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt termed the induction a significant moment for the PAF.

“Re-equipping the squadron with this state-of-the-art aircraft will enable PAF to effectively counter all threats against Pakistan’s aerial frontiers and add a new dimension to the national security,” said Tahir Rafique.

The aircraft, ZDK-03, a variant developed to meet Pakistani requirements which is equipped with a Chinese AESA radar, mounted on the Shaanxi Y-8F600 four turboprop transport aircraft, a Chinese variant of the Russian An-22 transport aircraft.

According to sources, the radar has a greater range than that of the Saab 2000 Erieye , Another AWACS Aircraft the Pakistan Air Force operates. Pakistan acquired 4 Saab 2000 Aircrafts from Sweden, one got destroyed in a terrorist attack at Mehran Airbase.

The ZDK-03 is also reportedly equipped with a sophisticated ESM system that can intercept and analyze signals from airborne and surface emitters, giving the PAF stand-off warnings against possible air threats.

The system can also monitor enemy vessel movement in the sea and simultaneously coordinates the in-Filght Fighter – aircrafts with Ground-base and with other friendly Aircrafts.

Its long-ranged radar enables the crew to carry out reconnaissance mission deep inside enemy territory while flying within its own airspace.

The addition is the 7th of its type, as the Pakistan Air Force now has seven AWACS of mixed Swedish and Chinese combination, enough to defend its air space once compared to India’s 4 AWACS Aircraft. However in order to keep the balance, India has reportedly launched a program to induct 6 AWACS after the increasing Pakistani and Chinese air-fleets.

An eye in the sky: Pakistan Air-force inducts ZDK-03, the 5th Chinese AWACS
Posted on March 1, 2015(Asia Despatch News)

Islamabad: Another defense strengthening step has been taken by Pakistan, as the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) inducts the fifth Chinese made ZDK-03 AWACS (Airborne-Warning And Control System) aircraft into its inventory, a system that would give the PAF eagle eyes in the skies.

The official commissioning ceremony was held at the Pakistan Air Force’s Masroor Base, located near Karachi, in the presence of the Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. According to sources, the unique aircraft will be operated by the No. 4 Squadron based at Masroor.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, addressing the ceremony, said Pakistan is a peace-loving country, and pursues peaceful relations with the international community, especially with its neighbours.

“However, we stand determined to safeguard our national interests and uphold our sovereignty against any aggressor,” he said.

Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt termed the induction a significant moment for the PAF.

“Re-equipping the squadron with this state-of-the-art aircraft will enable PAF to effectively counter all threats against Pakistan’s aerial frontiers and add a new dimension to the national security,” said Tahir Rafique.

The aircraft, ZDK-03, a variant developed to meet Pakistani requirements which is equipped with a Chinese AESA radar, mounted on the Shaanxi Y-8F600 four turboprop transport aircraft, a Chinese variant of the Russian An-22 transport aircraft.

According to sources, the radar has a greater range than that of the Saab 2000 Erieye , Another AWACS Aircraft the Pakistan Air Force operates. Pakistan acquired 4 Saab 2000 Aircrafts from Sweden, one got destroyed in a terrorist attack at Mehran Airbase.

The ZDK-03 is also reportedly equipped with a sophisticated ESM system that can intercept and analyze signals from airborne and surface emitters, giving the PAF stand-off warnings against possible air threats.

The system can also monitor enemy vessel movement in the sea and simultaneously coordinates the in-Filght Fighter – aircrafts with Ground-base and with other friendly Aircrafts.

Its long-ranged radar enables the crew to carry out reconnaissance mission deep inside enemy territory while flying within its own airspace.

The addition is the 7th of its type, as the Pakistan Air Force now has seven AWACS of mixed Swedish and Chinese combination, enough to defend its air space once compared to India’s 4 AWACS Aircraft. However in order to keep the balance, India has reportedly launched a program to induct 6 AWACS after the increasing Pakistani and Chinese air-fleets.
There is disparity in this article. It says the fifth Chinese Awac ZKD 03 has joined the fleet when we had only ordered 4. Secondly it states that that we had 4 Swedish SAABs of which one was destroyed . Then it states that we now have 7 AWACS. The last time I counted 4+3=7. Not 5+3. Bloody news people.
Araz

It is bad reporting for sure ... but can it be that since 1 EriEye Saab-2000 was destroyed and 1 was reportedly damaged and supposed to be repaired (current status unknown) ... then it would be 5 + 2 = 7? ... that is if the news of the 5th ZDK-03 is correct.

There is disparity in this article. It says the fifth Chinese Awac ZKD 03 has joined the fleet when we had only ordered 4. Secondly it states that that we had 4 Swedish SAABs of which one was destroyed . Then it states that we now have 7 AWACS. The last time I counted 4+3=7. Not 5+3. Bloody news people.
Araz
Yes initally we ordered 4 ZKD 03 but as one of our SAAB was destroyed in terrorist attack so I think instead of going for SAAB we decided to for ZKD-03 as replacement for that SAAB.

until now i feel sad and ashamed that PAF failed to protect the most expensive single aircraft in their inventory .:(

Back
Top Bottom