What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

SAAB SIGNS SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
PRESS RELEASE

21 March 2013

Defence and security company Saab has today signed a support contract for airborne surveillance system. The contract amounts to MSEK1,100 over 2013-2017.

The contract concerns a comprehensive set of spares and support services for a previously delivered system, Saab 2000 AEW&C (Airborne Early Warning & Control). The Saab 2000 AEW&C comprises of Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and ground equipment.

The wide-area surveillance system in combination with ground equipment enables control over both land and sea, and can play an important role for border surveillance and rescue operations as well as in combating terrorism and organised crime.

"Our surveillance system provides the customer with improved solutions for defence and civil security. This contract is a result of our close cooperation with our customer and can be seen as a further confirmation of our strong capability to provide our customers with advanced service and support solutions”, says Gunilla Fransson, Head of Saab’s business area Security and Defence Solutions.

Saab offers airborne surveillance systems for a wide range of use. The systems can be based on different platforms and delivered as turn key solutions including a comprehensive set of advanced support, spare part services and training. Saab’s Erieye radar system has been provided on several platforms, for example Saab 2000, Saab 340 and Embraer 145, and sold to eight different customers around the world.

The industry’s nature is such that depending on circumstances concerning the product and customer, information regarding the customer will not be announced.

Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.

For further information, please contact:

Saab Press Centre, +46 (0)734 180 018, presscentre@saabgroup.com

any update on this? this news is more than 2 years old. and we have only seen the seriel number 0040 since then.

Reading between lines, it seems that we have 2 extreme views
view 1 - only 1 aircraft operational and 3 under going extensive repairs. Saab was awarded a contract to fix these 3 planes and make them operational. while is 1 plane is totally lost while some of the opinion that avionics form the 4th plane could be salvaged. hence PAF will have 3 operational eventually soon if not already done.

View 2 - only one example is damaged and need repairs. rest of the 3 are fully operational. one damaged could have been written off and the avionics need to be ported to an extra example we have in transport duties.

Reading between lines

worst case- PAF have 1 operational Saab and 2 will join soon after repairs while one lost example avionics might be ported to a new platform.

Bast case - 3 are operational and one need to be repaired extensively. this might require to port avionics to new platform.

bottom line - PAF will going to have 3 operational soon if not already done. while last example might be left out written off or avionics ported to an existing platform operated by PAF VIP squadron.

it is safe to assume paf has 3 Saab 2000 AEWCS platforms may be 4

did somebody notice long time no see this fifth saab-2000 training aircraft why ???????

j019_1_mar15.jpg

stupid PAF go to 27 ramdhan prayer and keep 1bn$ planes on mercy of terrorist :hitwall: until now my brain boil when is visit this thread

you can say that again.
If that contract of $170 million was for the repairs of two damaged systems then hopefully by next year we would see another one or two Saab after they're done with repairs.
Although I highly doubt it takes this long, I am from an aviation background.

And that training aircraft is still around being used as a transporter for officials. It was photographed in April this year i posted a picture earlier yesterday

There was a report a while back hinting that the two heavily damaged Erieye would be repaired, but as with many things in Pakistan, speculation and hope is all we got. Also, I don't think Saab or Sweden blacklisted Pakistan, their embassy still has Saab's Defence branch involved in Pakistan.

Aerial Eyes: Pakistan’s New AWACS Fleets

Maintenance and system Support for Saab 2000 would continue in varying degrees as per contract signed in 2006. New weapon purchases from Sweden are banned which were imposed in 2007

you can say that again.
If that contract of $170 million was for the repairs of two damaged systems then hopefully by next year we would see another one or two Saab after they're done with repairs.
Although I highly doubt it takes this long, I am from an aviation background.

And that training aircraft is still around being used as a transporter for officials. It was photographed in April this year i posted a picture earlier yesterday
if you have seen the pic from april then RIP to our dream

Maintenance and system Support for Saab 2000 would continue in varying degrees as per contract signed in 2006. New weapon purchases from Sweden are banned which were imposed in 2007

So when are the "repairs" going to be completed.

It has been more than 2 years and yet the repaired aircraft are not back. Neither any information if the repairs are being done in Pakistan or Sweden.

It has been more than 2 years and yet the repaired aircraft are not back. Neither any information if the repairs are being done in Pakistan or Sweden.
may be paf is planning to give us heart attack with a picture of 4 line up saab=2000s :lol:

Only Wajahat S Khan can answer that question because he was given access to Interview Saab squadron

Only Wajahat S Khan can answer that question because he was given access to Interview Saab squadron
and they inform him ? i don't think that if its ordered to kept secret they will shear it a media visitor

Back
Top Bottom