What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I do not know what systems are being taken out. SAAB and PAF have to release it.

the downgrade is not technology denial. It is more to do with lack of money.

So are you suggesting that PAF sacrificed its requirement due to financial constraints....I have serious doubts about that as neither of the sides mentioned anything about downgrading. The only reason I can see for the reduction of numbers is because Pakistan is putting its money on KJ 2000 which be acquired in numbers as a JV with no strings attached.

Same with F 16.:pakistan:

i also confuse some were is 6 or 7 saab2000 but some places is 5 so sir murad can you confirm please?

the date on your link says Sept 26th,2007.

the date on the link i posted is more recent and clearly says 5 Erieyes.
Sweden Finalizes Saab 2000 AEW&C Contract With Pakistan

i understand but the problim is you only search for 5 but me for real #.i will confirm that from our paf members.until now i get some were 5 or 6 or 7 also.i think its 5 saab2000 AWACS with 1 for traning and also for service use.

So are you suggesting that PAF sacrificed its requirement due to financial constraints....I have serious doubts about that as neither of the sides mentioned anything about downgrading. The only reason I can see for the reduction of numbers is because Pakistan is putting its money on KJ 2000 which be acquired in numbers as a JV with no strings attached.

may be this one is right.good point man

the date on your link says Sept 26th,2007.

the date on the link i posted is more recent and clearly says 5 Erieyes.
Sweden Finalizes Saab 2000 AEW&C Contract With Pakistan

in your link there is 7 you can read

In June 2006, Saab signed a SEK 8.3 billion provisional contract to supply S100B Argus turboprop airborne early warning (AEW&C) systems to Pakistan. According to earlier reports at Pakistani Defence, Pakistan aimed to buy 14 SAAB 2000 aircraft from Sweden: 7 for the PAF’s AEW&C role as Argus aircraft, and the remaining 7 for the state-owned PIA airline. Saab releases, however, have made no mention of a passenger version.

I do not know what systems are being taken out. SAAB and PAF have to release it.

The way I read and interpreted that line was that "systems" referred to the "eeriye" itself, not any individual systems on board the AEW&C.

So reduction in systems would be a reduction from 7 systems to 5 systems (or 6).

we are getting KJ's at a very low price, on the other hand SABB are coasting a lot more. And yes we do have money issues. People dont realise that we spend atleast 1 million dollors a day to run PAF and this figure is from my days early 90s. It takes 1 million dollor per cadet to train him. So yes we do have to think twice before we ask for something. If Pakistan would have the budget dont you think they would have picked something readymade from EU with TOT. ( Fighter )

Its Ironical what people like you try to Prove by Comments like these!

Mr. Everything Downgraded,

Please know that we are not stupid people and have high level of understanding of our requirements and the Technology being bought and offered to us by anyone....

Only Change in the deal was that; PAF opted for 5+1 (SAAB Eireye + Trainer)

The only change in the deal is the number of systems being bought. Technology is the same as was earlier. No credible source has suggested that technology has been compromised, in fact none has said any thing about this. All are saying that the numbers have been changed.

Back
Top Bottom