What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

What's keeping PAF at bay for having complete communication between eastern and western platforms?

If we look at immediate neighbor, they are are and will data link russian assets with western ones. So if ZDK-03 having western COTS communication gear, i'm still unable to comprehend what's blocking it's way to communicate directly with F-16 rather communicating with F-16 through ground station.

It has to do with communication protocol..
Previously we intended to do protocol conversion on the ground.. Now we designed our own.. that is compatible with Link-16.

It has to do with communication protocol..
Previously we intended to do protocol conversion on the ground.. Now we designed our own.. that is compatible with Link-16.
sir why paf is not getting help from Sweden for link between saab 2000 and jf-17

sir why paf is not getting help from Sweden for link between saab 2000 and jf-17

After selling Saab awac, Swedish parliament banned any further weapon purchase to Pakistan. I think due to this reason, Saab is not helping PAF , Only assistance in maintenance, training for Awac handling will be given.

After selling Saab awac, Swedish parliament banned any further weapon purchase to Pakistan. I think due to this reason, Saab is not helping PAF , Only assistance in maintenance, training for Awac handling will be given.

Any source of wot you are claiming ??? if this was the case then PAF wud not have shown its Erieye at Dubai Air show on SAAB'S behalf .... !!!!!

is any source available in this regard of sanction

is any source available in this regard of sanction

Sweden banned new arms sales to Pakistan in 2007, but continues to fulfill contract obligations relating to Erieye, said Andreas Ekman, the ISP's director general.

"We continue to honor contracts agreed before 2007 until they run out," said Ekman.

Swedish Arms Exports Rose 7 Percent in 2009 | Defense News | defensenews.com

There was no clause in contract to datalink chinese platform with Saab Erieye so most probably they will not help us and that's why PAF is going solo in this matter and if Saab helped us, we would have seen JF-17 data linked with Saab right now.

Very valid point....

Another reason why PAF has not involved SAAB for jf-17 communication was the level of technology involved in the jf-17 that shares many with their primary fighter, the J-10. Chinese requested to keep westerners away from the jf-17 due to this reason and promised to fulfil further AWE&CS requirements in shape of their own version, (the ZDK-03 that we fly today).

Fortunately, Pakistan has been working on her own sophisticated data communication technology for many years now, that has also supplemented and negated the need of a link-16 in jf-17 which would have revealed many things to the Swedes in case of its upgradation. Oscar can shed more light on this subject. :)

422173_10150706010599919_213731774918_11155124_1248241240_n.jpg

523166_10150785935904919_213731774918_11439587_1152096243_n.jpg

61516_465004719918_213731774918_6530105_7321951_n.jpg
I think its a good chance for the PAF to order 7 Y-9 Transport aircraft and 3 Il-222

where is the news link please.

i think it was even confirmed by Swedish Ambassador.....was discussed on PDF as well

i think it was even confirmed by Swedish Ambassador.....was discussed on PDF as well

they have a policy of not selling offensive weapons in conflict zones. this is not PK specific policy.

it's not a Pakistan-centric policy....same they agreed with countries like Kuwait, Oman etc.

basically the "brown" countries :laugh:

it's not a Pakistan-centric policy....same they agreed with countries like Kuwait, Oman etc.

basically the "brown" countries :laugh:

They have no issues with selling weapons systems to India. Not even ToT for that matter.

They have no issues with selling weapons systems to India. Not even ToT for that matter.

Lets put it in another way..
they have issues selling it to countries they consider potential future enemies.

Back
Top Bottom