What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

WTF I am surprised. All air forces around the world have very few AWACs.
Pakistan = 4 + 4 (Eriye + ZDK-03) = 8
8 is a good number considering 2/3 ECM Falcons which play in similar role as well. PAF's combat and AEW&C wing is getting good shape since past few years. Air defence and support wing need a major up gradation too. We need more strategic air lift platforms to enhance rapid logistic support.

8 is very few in numbers.
We should buy/get/make it at least 20 AWACS till 2020 because Tomorrow is all AWACS game.
Foreign fighters have already AWACS in their modern generations aircraft. They don't need much AWACS but we need it.
In early 2006, the Pakistan Air Force ordered six Saab 2000 fitted with Erieye AEW systems from Sweden in a deal valued roughly $1bn.[7] In December 2006, the Pakistan Navy requested three excess P-3 Orion aircraft equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW systems, the overall cost of the program is $855mn.[8] China and Pakistan also signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the joint development of AEW&C systems. A total of $278m AWACS deal has been struck with China.[9]
20 means you know better
remember that all Saab are refurnished not new
if we need more AWACS than Boeing 737 AEW&C is the best but costly

20!!!!! what do you wanna do with them!!! dear they are not fighters! 8 is enough to keep a look out on all our fronts!
Yeah i know they are not fighter.
Till today 8 are ideal numbers but i am Talking about 2020.
Because at this time we will see 100s of Jf17, J10bs. Please prove that how only 8 AWACS can handle/loyal with 300 fighters?? Isn't this too much fighters for only 8 AWACS and 2 P3 orion??
In 2020 ,We can't leave our space open for enemy as we have no work for SAM system in past.

What about Dassault Falcon 20? Its role is ESM, ECM. What is the difference between AWACs and something used in a special mission like this?

Pakistan_Air_Force_No_24_Blinders_Squadron_Falcon_DA-20_left_side1.jpg

What about Dassault Falcon 20? Its role is ESM, ECM. What is the difference between AWACs and something used in a special mission like this?

AEW&C aircraft use active(and passive) sensors to track and detect targets. and provide control.
ECM ..aircraft are more attuned to attacking the electronic sensors of other vehicles...and carry powerful transmitters specifically for that purpose.

Yeah i know they are not fighter.
Till today 8 are ideal numbers but i am Talking about 2020.
Because at this time we will see 100s of Jf17, J10bs. Please prove that how only 8 AWACS can handle/loyal with 300 fighters?? Isn't this too much fighters for only 8 AWACS and 2 P3 orion??

All the fighters in any air forces fleet are never airborne at the same time...even in wars. At any given time a certain no. of ac are in the air. the awacs can handle that no. with ease.

From the same source

NATO has 17

AIR_E-3A_NATO_50th_lg.jpg
if we have 5 P-3 Orion more will soon come
its means we have 13 AWACS at this time
Pakistan Naval Air Arm – ~Four P-3C; based in Naval aviation base Faisal, Karachi. Upgraded P-3C MPA and P-3B AEW models (equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system) ordered in 2006,[39] first upgraded P-3C delivered in early 2007. In June 2010, two more upgraded P-3Cs joined the Pakistan Navy with anti-ship and submarine warfare capabilities.[40]. Only two of these aircraft remain after an attack by armed militants destroyed two of the four Pakistan had acquired
Pakistan_Navy_Orion_Asuspine.jpg

Look at this about PAF Dassult Falcon 20 from Wiki:

Operated by No. 24 Blinders Squadron which was revived in 1987 following induction of DA-20. Participated during PAF exercises in both airborne early warning and ECM roles.[88][89] First participated in a PAF exercise, in the ESM and ECM role, during Exercise High Mark 89 (14 November to 23 December 1989).[90] Also used for ESM/ECM support during Saffron Bandit exercises of 1992, 1994, 1997 and 1999.[91]
Third aircraft delivered March 2008. Original two aircraft flown to France for upgrade and structural overhaul during 2004-2007,which they never returned because pakistan didn't wanted to pay for it.

List of aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it looks like we just have 1 in our service

Look at this about PAF Dassult Falcon 20 from Wiki:

Operated by No. 24 Blinders Squadron which was revived in 1987 following induction of DA-20. Participated during PAF exercises in both airborne early warning and ECM roles.[88][89] First participated in a PAF exercise, in the ESM and ECM role, during Exercise High Mark 89 (14 November to 23 December 1989).[90] Also used for ESM/ECM support during Saffron Bandit exercises of 1992, 1994, 1997 and 1999.[91]
Third aircraft delivered March 2008. Original two aircraft flown to France for upgrade and structural overhaul during 2004-2007,which they never returned because pakistan didn't wanted to pay for it.

Wrong. They were not sent to France. Upgraded locally one by one.

Here is another news from Wiki:

PAF+ZDK-03+AWACS+Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

ZDK-03: A variant designed specifically for export to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Consists of a Chinese AESA? radar mounted on the Y-8F600 platform. The radar is reported to have a greater range than that of the PAF's Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C radar and the aircraft incorporates open architecture electronics to make future upgrades easier to implement.

Pakistan_Air_Force_No_24_Blinders_Squadron_Falcon_DA-20_left_side1.jpg

this is a jammer aircraft. its specific mission is to jam enemy airplane's radars.
besides this is a very old aircraft its probably gonna be retired after ZDK comes home.

I met with SAAB **** Pakistan official he told me that PAF don't have funds for other 2 AWACS.

PAC is facing similar funds issue since early 2011...has it stopped working? No.
PAF is facing trouble with funds allocation, such shortages will cause delay in achieving desired milestones...but the show must go on!

WTF I am surprised. All air forces around the world have very few AWACs.

Airforces:

U.S = 30-60
Russia = 16
Taiwan = 6
Egypt = 6
Australia = 6
Sweden = 6
Brazil = 5
Israel = 5
Saudi Arabia = 5
Pakistan = 4 + 4 (Eriye + ZDK-03) = 8
China = 4
France = 4
Turkey = 4
Singapore = 4
India = 3 + 3 (Phalcon + DRDO) = 6

List of AWACS aircraft operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although the number of AWE&Cs PAF has are good but I have heard that we need at least 11 of these + additional for reserve. Like 4 Saab+7 ZDK-03. I have heard that Navy wants 5 AWE&Cs instead of just 3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom