What's new

Pakistanis spend nearly half of their income on food: Report

No, it means that the tax system in Pakistan is completely screwed up.

Instead of charging income tax, which would be paid more by the rich, the Pakistani system puts tax on food, petrol and basic necessities which punishes poor and middle class people.

If you make Rs. 100,000 a month and pay Rs 20,000 in food tax, you pay 20% of your income on tax.

If you make Rs 50,000 a month and pay Rs 20,000 in food tax, you pay 40% of your income on tax.

asdf.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It is the OP which is saying. But I feel 47.7 on food is just too much,what about other things like Utility Bills(Light,Telephone,Gas,Cable,Mobile) ,House Rent, Entertainment plus School fees on children if any.After paying all the expenses,very little will be left
we Pakistanis don't eat too much. It's basically the food which is too much expensive. Government has imposed too many taxes, especially on food.

if not then explain eateries everywhere you go lined up in 10's on every street and all full of people
Well this is not the case, most of Pakistanis eat only once a day.
It's only our government that eats. And they not only eats plenty of food but also money of Pakistanis.

we Pakistanis don't eat too much. It's basically the food which is too much expensive. Government has imposed too many taxes, especially on food..

Well I got yr point. I am also aware of the inflation rate in India & Pakistan. But spending 47.7 on food is simply too much.What about other expenses,what about retired life,what about emergency cases if a family member is admitted in Hospital,it will be a up hill task to meet medical bills,hospitalization. I think the Government of Pakistan should not impose so much taxes on food,it should go for luxury items(Cars,Air conditioners). The GOP should tax the rich

we Pakistanis don't eat too much. It's basically the food which is too much expensive. Government has imposed too many taxes, especially on food.

Well this is not the case, most of Pakistanis eat only once a day.
It's only our government that eats. And they not only eats plenty of food but also money of Pakistanis.

So your govt taxing on food is that much?
If all this 47% is go for rich food items then it would be nice for the common people.But according to your reply these expense cant do anything good for local people.

Food price inflation is through the roof in Pakistan. Ironically Pakistan has the capability to have some of the lowest food prices in the world. Rampant corruption and poor economic policies have made this situation.

how_much_countries_spend_on_food.png

Does this mean food is expensive compare to other countries? hmmm

Back
Top Bottom