What's new

Pakistanis can now apply to Indian tech universities

seconded!!!
This is what happens in every other country.

The same noble prize which was given to Obama??? and not to Mahatma Gandhi?

Forget Obama..the biggest joke is Kissinger - the morally bankrupt war monger and supporter of genocides in atleast 4 countries got one

Why Substandard IIT's , HRD ministry should have offered admission into the Premier JNU instead. It would have been epic.

Thanks, but no thanks, we already have many Pakistanis studying in JNU.

What is the cost of studying and what is the reputation/ranking of this institutes outside India?

What is the cost of studying and what is the reputation/ranking of this institutes outside India?
According to Hoodbhoy who gave a series of lectures at various IITs and has in the past been a lecturer at MIT, he stated the students were of the same calibre.

Good move but ... not a piece of a Cake for Pakistani brothers to study in India... especially Mumbai...

The level of quality would be low , why go to India when you can get better education standard in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia , UK , USA

The teacher in India will have a big accent which will would be hard to understand , and also no guarantee your education credential would not be cancelled due to diplomatic row over cricket

The level of q"
The level of quality would be low , why go to India when you can get better education standard in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia , UK , USA

The teacher in India will have a big accent which will would be hard to understand , and also no guarantee your education credential would not be cancelled due to diplomatic row over cricket

Unlike other universities you have to pass the JEE exam which is tough in itself. Any foreign university you go- it will take time to understand the accent. But if you overcome the initial hurdles then having an IIT on your resume is big plus for your job prospects.

I went to US in 1980's and one of the professor was disappointed when I told him that I was not from IIT. The level of expectations are very high if you say you are from IIT. It can work against you sometimes but benefits outweigh any drawbacks you can think off.

I doubt Pakistanis will go to India given there is racism, mistrust and instability. People now don't even consider going to countries like the U.S, Canada, Australia and UK. In recent times new and popular destinations have been China, Turkey, AESAN, and Central Asian States due to cheaper costs, better economic conditions, and the good relationship.

Just to let you know, at present, in Private Indian college, Pakistan students are getting admission with NRI quota. So it is not like Pakistan students does not come to India rather this step is more like a Gov initiative which was already happening in private sector...Just few examples like Ramaya College in Bangalore, i have seen students from Lahore are doing graduate study with different fields.

If Pakistani students can crack IITs or NITs then it will jump start their carriers like no other place. The packages offered here are ridiculous.

its request to all my Pakistani students that don,t go to india for study.. life is full of suck in India. and bloody indians will not leave you happy in india.

Hmm....the only reason anyone would want to take a part of this program is because of IIT. Its ranked among the top universities in the world .

I'm sure many Sri Lankans would take this offer , not sure about the others .

Just curious but how many noble prize winners have these IITs produced and are their professors on par with those at MIT and Princeton

Hey!!! there is no Nobel Prize for technology and IIT is a Technology Institute :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:. The purpose of these is to produce Technologists, Managers and Technology Entrepreneurs . Research on scientific matters are not their domain or focus areas :p:. Although scientific research is also being done there but most of them are Industry centric.

For pure science research there was Indian Institute of Science . Recently few premium Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) opened for research in pure science fields. As they are very recently build, their impact is yet to be assessed;)

Back
Top Bottom