What's new

Pakistani tankers

i think they look PS.. notice the shadow of the two, looks the same..

The serial #s on the tail are different. I guess we would be able to tell once these are in service with the PAF.

The tail numbers are:

76682 and I believe 76678.

There you go:

PAF_IL-76-78_Midas.jpg

Look at those beauties !! :victory::toast_sign: and any news on kc's for the f-16's ?? :what:

As far as I can judge the planes are IAF tankers with the MKI signs rotated. The national markings are of a particular color set you get when using PS in adding colours with certain colour limitations. I think it is not a real pic of PAF planes. Neither do the numbers say anything they should.

Besides the the sun shades are not uniform and two planes look exactly the same... almost impossible!

3ea7a67d50e3d4962486129a52310047.jpg

PAF_IL-76-78_Midas.jpg

there you go... same wing tips, silver stripe on the ruder and if you notice carefully on "PAF" PS il-78 the nose has the same black patch as the IAF MKI one..

Last edited:
Our Mirage with Air-to-Air Refueling pod fitted on them, and with new paint scheme, looks very similar to Mirage 2000.:enjoy::pakistan:

Nomi,

The paint scheme is not new. Ever since the Mirages went through the ROSEI upgrade with the GrifoM3 AI radar, they have been painted in this low-vis, air superiority scheme.

Nomi,

The paint scheme is not new. Ever since the Mirages went through the ROSEI upgrade with the GrifoM3 AI radar, they have been painted in this low-vis, air superiority scheme.

But i think, i have seen them for first time, Mirage pics on net usually carries traditional dark color livery.

BTW, By fitting refueling pods on 30 upgraded Mirages, PAF hints that these aircrafts will remain in service in approx next 10 year to come .

But i think, i have seen them for first time, Mirage pics on net usually carries traditional dark color livery.

BTW, By fitting refueling pods on 30 upgraded Mirages, PAF hints that these aircrafts will remain in service in approx next 10 year to come .

As long as the airframes hold, PAF will use them for the next 10 years. The avionics are all pretty current and capable. The IFR gives the Mirages a tremendous boost in range and payload. I am sure Muradk sahib can discuss this from a first hand standpoint. The ROSEII Mirages are a great strike platform and giving them this extra endurance will pay great dividends. Day/night precision attacks can now be conducted with much greater loiter times with enhanced payloads. Great stuff!...talk about working things out very nicely on a shoe-string budget! Gotta give it up to the PAF. :tup:

As long as the airframes hold, PAF will use them for the next 10 years. The avionics are all pretty current and capable.

But inability to fire BVR, Ths is not a decent platform!

But they will do well in heavy ordnance and fast delivery if terrorist are seen. Even in a2a the mirage has its strengths.

paf did signed the deal if they did how they can get them in space pf month time and thi image cannot clearify things.

Apparently PAF is looking at getting another refueler type to cater for the F-16s...I've heard that KC-135 and the A-310 MRTT are being considered.

I heard they would get refurbished C-130s installed with a KC-135 refueling probe.

Back
Top Bottom