What's new

Pakistani suicide bomber held at Punjab border

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistani suicide bomber held at Punjab border
Thu, Jan 14 12:47 PM

Amritsar, Jan 14 (IANS) An alleged suicide bomber from Pakistan has been arrested after troopers of the Border Security Force (BSF) caught him doing a reconnaissance of the area at the Attari international border in this frontier district of Punjab.

During initial interrogation by security agencies, the youth, identified as Noman Arshad of Singhpura in Pakistan, said that he had come to the border for a recce, officials said Wednesday.

'The Pakistani youth was arrested by the BSF as he was carrying out a recce of the border belt. Further investigations are in progress,' BSF Punjab Frontier Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Jagir Singh told IANS.

Arshad claimed that he had been trained in use of weapons and explosives at the Okaya training camp in Pakistan, the same place where the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Ajmal Amir Kasab, was trained.

BSF sources said that the youth had told them that a group of 'fidayeen' (suicide attackers) were preparing to infiltrate the barbed-wire fenced Indian border in Punjab.

Arshad was apprehended inside Indian territory by troopers of the BSF's 55th battalion.

The arrest of the Pakistani youth comes less than a week after rockets were fired into India from across the Punjab border for the third time in recent months, the earlier ones being fired in July and September last year.

Was he wearing a suicide jacket? because if he really was a suicider you wouldn't be able to arrest him.

Was he wearing a suicide jacket? because if he really was a suicider you wouldn't be able to arrest him.
Hmm.... good deduction. So going by your logic, all the trained suicide bombers that your LEAs apprehend are wearing suicide vests.....

As per my info, the border area has been fenced in this area. Its the same area where allegedly rockets from Pakistani side got fired and landed over the fence on Indian side and on the Pakistani side too.

So if the area is fenced, how come he crossed so easily onto the Indian side and was doing a recce even after crossing over the border.

Even the fencing can be seen in Google Earth.

Very absurd story.

As per my info, the border area has been fenced in this area. Its the same area where allegedly rockets from Pakistani side got fired and landed over the fence on Indian side and on the Pakistani side too.

So if the area is fenced, how come he crossed so easily onto the Indian side and was doing a recce even after crossing over the border.

Very absurd story.

BSF catches potential Fidayien
Attari Border (Amritsar), Jan.14 (ANI):

Pakistani teenager Namun Arshad, who was apprehended by the Border Security Force on Tuesday afternoon while attempting to infiltrate into India, has turned out to be a potential suicide bomber who was on a recce mission to facilitate the infiltration of as many as as seven suicide bombers, including three ladies from Pakistan.

BSF Deputy Inspector General Mohammad Aquil informed on Thursday that the interrogation of Arshad has revealed that on 13 June 2009, Naveed, a friend of Arshad had taken him to the Tahrik -e Islam madrassa in Peshawar where he underwent four days of intensive terrorist training, including how to use a revolver, a pistol and a missile. In October 2009, the Jehadi groups were sent for further extensive training to Okara.

Arshad said that Ajmal Kasab had also undergone training in arms and other disruptive activities in the same camp. Sources informed that the Tahrik- e-Taliban was the group who took Namun away for training. He said since they had tied a black cloth on his eyes, he was not aware of the exact locations of the camps.

Arshad's mother, Ranzan Tahira, is a teacher at the Cantt. Girls Middle School in Minawa. Arshad was a student of the Comprehence School in Gujjarpura. His elder brother is also studying in the same school.

DIG Aquil informed that the Jihadis had left him on the Indo Pak international border near border gate number 101/8 and had instructed him to crawl up to the border fence, situated inside Indian territory, and return. The Jihadi's were to receive him back in the same day evening.

Aquil said the exercise was carried out to facilitate the infiltration of a seven-member squad of suicide bombers, including three ladies. The watchful BSF's Kissan guard who caught him spotted him. Border security personnel recovered a chemistry book and Pakistani currency Rs.10 and some dry fruits from him.

Arshad told media that he didn't like what they ( Jihadi) trained him for, so he was ignoring him, but he had to perform the recce since they have given him threat to kill his family.

The BSF DIG said that Arshad would be handed over to the police for further joint interrogation.

On Monday, in a similar incident, a 12-year-old Ateequee Khan, who crossed the border unchecked and landed at Attari railway station as he was boarding the Samjhauta Express train.

At least four Pakistani teenagers have been arrested by the BSF in recent days who were eager to see the India-Pakistan border. However, the Border guards later handed over the boys to Pakistani Rangers after a Flag Meeting.

India suspended a peace process begun 2004, which had brought better ties, and there has been no progress towards resuming it. However, such a camaraderie between the two countries still delights.

No i saw the report the BSF officer told he was a potential suicide bomber :cheers: and the news is exaggerated calling him a suicide bomber.

Can these fences stop an intruder such as terrorists :no: :no: they are just an obstacle for them and they have several modes and methods to breach them.

Very absurd story.

Still cross border infiltrations are going on with the help of :azn:

No i saw the report the BSF officer told he was a potential suicide bomber :cheers: and the news is exaggerated calling him a suicide bomber.

Also..these are kids.. reminds me of Somalia's child soldiers(more like cannon fodder) and LTTE

Things must be really getting desperate with the terrorists..

Very absurd story.

No its not that absurd no matter how much the border is fenced there is always a weak point :cheers:

Also..these are kids.. reminds me of Somalia's child soldiers(more like cannon fodder) and LTTE

Things must be really getting desperate with the terrorists..

even i was thinking of the same when i was seeing the report :frown:

Can these fences stop an intruder such as terrorists :no: :no: they are just an obstacle for them and they have several modes and methods to breach them.

Still cross border infiltrations are going on with the help of :azn:

These fences have been installed for the very exact purpose of stopping illegal cross border movement, and if they don't serve that purpose, wht is their use then.

And if you look at those fences, it isn't very easy to penetrate them, otherwise we would have not been seeing such stories once in a while or rarely. It would have been happening each and every day or week.

And the Cross Border infiltration is not on this border area of Punjab, it allegedly happens in the Indian Occupied Kashmir border.

I am amazed that you guys have not even proper idea of your own border fencing.

bsf arresrt a suiside bomber with jacket?its possible?khalistan bany ga jo kuch mrzi kr lo jai khalsa

khalsa raj-soon india break in small parts and make more countries-break due to its own mistakes and hungur-

Back
Top Bottom