What's new

Pakistani sufi band to perform in Delhi

any musician would like to travel around the globe to spread music and if people pay him for that why refuse:undecided:

looks like there is no where else to go...every time u guyz come and crap here.

any musician would like to travel around the globe to spread music and if people pay him for that why refuse

I disagree. A musician performs and the true lovers of music will flock to to them to have their soul touched.

I mean kola veri di is a fun song, but I need to be listen to something I relate to, and it must be universal so that others can relate to the music as well.

I like many musical artists from India, but to be honest you guys lack in the music department just as much as we lack in the film department.

I can agree with you, but Indian classical music has died. Dispute me with an artist of this day and age.

what you see about india in pakistan is just 1% of what really happens here....come to maharashtra and you will see that sangeet natya aka musical dramas are still attracting huge crowd....many of my friends have chosen classical music as their profession and are well known faces now in marathi industry..

bollywood is not equal to India
India is not equal to bollywood

I am a big fan of Pakistani music and sufi music is too good to my ears.

@RazPAk: I was just pointing at your generalized comparison. If you want to make opinion then work and be specific especially when you want to compare, otherwise people can call you out.

Thanks

My fav song from Mekal Hassan . (well after SD Burman and RD Burman south asia hasn't give anything GREAT yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can agree with you, but Indian classical music has died. Dispute me with an artist of this day and age.

You have no clue what you're talking about :no:

Just beyond the Thar dessert lies poems and stories that have been sung by many generations, which can still be heard today.
Same goes for every other part of India.

We invite their one band to perform in india and suddenly their music is better then india....

We take one pakistani as a supporting actor and they claim nowadays we can't make bollywood films without pakistanis....

We get One song in a album of 7-8 songs sung by a pakistani singer they claim u r movies are incomplete without pakistani singers

We promote this to open new market and more penetration in pakistani mkt and they say "see see they need us to make anything..."

And after all this We are told "We are the one who Have Inferiority Complex":lol:

Talking of inferiority complex, who better than you people to set the example....seems an acute lack of patriotism that you have to copy almost word for word of a Pakistani patriotic song......Obsession is another term that comes to mind. :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

looks like there is no where else to go...every time u guyz come and crap here.

Damn....you stole the words right out of my mouth. !!

A lot of Pakistani artists knowingly or unknowingly base their music on Indian Classical music", says Hasan, the band's founder, composer, record producer, sound engineer and lead guitarist."Our music is inspired by Indian classical music. Pakistani sufi band to perform in Delhi - Entertainment - DNA

...NOW....

if the pakistani members feel the above quoted lines by he band member are fake and the pakistani band is only trying to make money , then they must remember, the kind of Indian music that they get to see In Pakistan is also for making money..that doesnt mean Indian music is of low quality....no doubt Pakistan has good artists and they do respectable job, but claiming them as better than Indians would be a complete BS...India has a culture of music that goes back 1000 of years...you might not get to hear them,but they exists and is growing.

...NOW....

if the pakistani members feel the above quoted lines by he band member are fake and the pakistani band is only trying to make money , then they must remember, the kind of Indian music that they get to see In Pakistan is also for making money..that doesnt mean Indian music is of low quality....no doubt Pakistan has good artists and they do respectable job, but claiming them as better than Indians would be a BS...India has a culture of music that goes back 1000 of years...you might not get to hear them,but they exists and is growing.

If you are claiming it goes back 1000 years then we have only been separated for about 60. Some Muslims migrated to Pakistan while some remained, but Muslim composers have always been dominant in the Indian Classical Music arena. So if there was no partition Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan would be yours as Rafi would be ours.

I live in nyc and you are lying. I even wear a green t-shirt that says Pakistan on it when i go to my University.

its not us who are saying this...search this on google and you will get plenty of sources..btw pakistanis who do not get job are pretending to be indians and let us please stop this nonsense and enjoy music at least on this thread...

I'm sure the news lied about your fellow countrymen and women. Must be another RAW, CIA, MOSSAD conspiracy

No I wouldn't be caught dead saying I am an Indian, and poor Indians get beat up anyways just for having brown skin, whether they have an affiliation to Islam or not.

That is a humongously funny statement!
Indian classical music is very much alive and singing! It does not exist in film music probably, with the advent of digital music and the dawning demise of acqoustic instruments. But there will be a backlash, because people will understand that film music today is created out of machines by engineers; not by musicians.

Then some fallacies exist about what is "Indian classical Music"? People tend to think that it consists solely of North Indian classical music or Hindustani music. Conveniently overlooking that there is a South Indian classical or Carnatic music. Which happens to be of older origins than Hindustani music and as richly developed (if not more than) Hindustani music. So if ignorance spawns a certain perception, then that perception needs to be discarded.

So this combination of Hindustani and Carnatic music happens to be Indian classical music. There are still people learning both kinds of music, there are people still listening to both kinds of music (and even paying to do so), the music is still playing on!

About the Mekaal Hassan Band concert in Delhi, I have an invite which I can't use myself (which is a pity really) since I'd have liked to listen to them perform.

Back
Top Bottom