What's new

Pakistani Residents Attacked in Bahrain

Even though Iran is a direct neighbor of Pakistan it's still a world away. Iran is a complicated and difficult neighbor, they can say that about Pakistan as well. However, the fact is Iran has no partners, no regional "friends", or allies in the region, Iran is so desperate it literally reached out a world away and made ties with Venezuela. -_- by the way I'm not discouraging international cooperation...

Iran is very isolated and thanks to it's regional policy frustration with Iran is growing. They are (some of them) a very arrogant people, their arrogance exceeds their actual power. Im sure there are humble and friendly Iranians and hopefully when this theocracy in Iran is no more Pakistan can expand ties with Iran. As for now Iran is behind in sectarian warfare and conflict.

The IR regime fomented sectarian conflict in Iraq, tries in Pakistan, Gulf Arab states, and particularly now in Bahrain.

Pakistan needs a government that will exercise a more assertive regional policy yet remain pragmatic.

Going strictly by the letter of the law, criteria (a-f) seems to be fulfilled. Since their involvement in conflict/hostilities could be logically postulated as part of their duties at the time of recruitment. And if this program was initiated earlier in time, then ipso facto they attract the definition of mercenary then as well as now. Passage of time neither negates or mitigates their status.
At the time of their recruitment there was no conflict and there was no expectation of conflict. Your argument implies that ANY recruitment of foreignors into the security forces of a nation would make them 'mercenaries', but in that case the Geneva conventions would not have added a clarification stating 'especially recruited locally or abroad in order to fight in an armed conflict' - the conventions would have merely stated 'any foreigners involved in armed conflict'.

My argument is further substantiated by clause (e), which states: 'is not a member of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict'. In the case of Bahrain, the Pakistanis who were recruited pre-conflict and post-conflict were recruited legally and officially specifically into the 'Armed Forces' of Bahrain - whether the police or military.

So no, they do not satisfy that particular clause of the Geneva conventions in attracting the definition of 'mercenary'.
However, this view of them is likely to be shared by the agitators (the other side). And that is possibly the reason that there is a backlash impacting on one section of the residents of Bahrain by another.
Again, whatever view one section of the population shares about another is no justification for attacks on civilians - otherwise you would also have to 'understand the justification motivating' the Mumbai attacks, attacks on buses and cafes by Palestinians and other acts of terrorism.

Even though Iran is a direct neighbor of Pakistan it's still a world away. Iran is a complicated and difficult neighbor, they can say that about Pakistan as well. However, the fact is Iran has no partners, no regional "friends", or allies in the region, Iran is so desperate it literally reached out a world away and made ties with Venezuela. -_- by the way I'm not discouraging international cooperation...

Iran is very isolated and thanks to it's regional policy frustration with Iran is growing. They are (some of them) a very arrogant people, their arrogance exceeds their actual power. Im sure there are humble and friendly Iranians and hopefully when this theocracy in Iran is no more Pakistan can expand ties with Iran. As for now Iran is behind in sectarian warfare and conflict.

The IR regime fomented sectarian conflict in Iraq, tries in Pakistan, Gulf Arab states, and particularly now in Bahrain.

Pakistan needs a government that will exercise a more assertive regional policy yet remain pragmatic.

the same (bolded and underlined) can be said about Arabs too.

Pakistani leaders ko shuru say dosron kay pangay mein tang aranay ki khujli rehti hai na, andhon ki tarah ghus jatay hain nataej ki parwah kiye bagher.

Bahrain mobs are doing exactly what we in Pakistan would do in the same circumstances . Pakistan is supplying trained personnels to Bahrain Government to suppress and brutalise the local Bahrain population . Mercenaries do not have respect . They are used and discarded by all . It has happened to Pakistan before .

Bahrain mobs are doing exactly what we in Pakistan would do in the same circumstances . Pakistan is supplying trained personnels to Bahrain Government to suppress and brutalise the local Bahrain population . Mercenaries do not have respect . They are used and discarded by all . It has happened to Pakistan before .

lame excuse.

The personnel were not hired when these riots were going on and they are still NOT gone to Bahrain.

these miscreants on the behest of enemies of Bahrain who are creating problems in their country should be dealt by law of the country . Period

So easy to blame Iran !! . The Arab Sheikh were installed by British when they replaced Turkey as the controlling power . When USA took over from Britain they continued supporting these family businesses . Let us now forget the Arab Sheikh rulers manage the counties more of a family business instead of a benevolent and caring rulers of the nation . It is about time the system was charged more in favour of the ordinary person .

^^
This is the evidence who installed who?

Imam-Khomeini-in-Mehrabad.jpg

So easy to blame Iran !! . The Arab Sheikh were installed by British when they replaced Turkey as the controlling power . When USA took over from Britain they continued supporting these family businesses . Let us now forget the Arab Sheikh rulers manage the counties more of a family business instead of a benevolent and caring rulers of the nation . It is about time the system was charged more in favour of the ordinary person .

So basically you are ok with making excuses on behalf of the mob that is attacking your own, so that their deeds can be covered. And the lecture on the system, yes so easy to blame iran yada yada yada. Why do you guys have slelctive short term memories. Forgot the treatment of the Iranian people, last year it had happened, had it not. Or were the Saudis to be blamed for that as well.

if the Bahraini protestors are genuine about their grievances, then they will not attack others and engage in hooligan-type behaviour. The truth is, some Bahrainis are bitter about the fact that there was a scheme put in place to give citizenships to non-Bahrainis (to Pakistani, Egyptians, Yemeni, etc.). The protestors are also bitter about the police crackdowns -- many of the police in Bahrain are of Pakistani origins.

I personally think that Pakistan should remain neutral on this issue. However it is Pakistan AND Bahrain's responsibilty to ensure that those Pakistanis in the country are protected from any danger. Otherwise, they should be evacuated.

strangely enough, I am in touch with some relatives who are in Manama. They say that protests are dying down and media is exaggerating a lot about the extent of violence. They feel fairly safe there, though there are much police deployed around their neighbourhood.

Does any one knows, what are the grievances of Shias of Bahrain and Qatif?

if the Bahraini protestors are genuine about their grievances, then they will not attack others and engage in hooligan-type behaviour. The truth is, some Bahrainis are bitter about the fact that there was a scheme put in place to give citizenships to non-Bahrainis (to Pakistani, Egyptians, Yemeni, etc.). The protestors are also bitter about the police crackdowns -- many of the police in Bahrain are of Pakistani origins.

I personally think that Pakistan should remain neutral on this issue. However it is Pakistan AND Bahrain's responsibilty to ensure that those Pakistanis in the country are protected from any danger. Otherwise, they should be evacuated.

strangely enough, I am in touch with some relatives who are in Manama. They say that protests are dying down and media is exaggerating a lot about the extent of violence. They feel fairly safe there, though there are much police deployed around their neighbourhood.

Sir ji where will you take them, even the ones that were granted the citizenship have lived there for generations. My own Phuphos family has been in that island ofcourse from my phuphas side since 46, now their 5th gen is growing up there.

Does any one knows, what are the grievances of Shias of Bahrain and Qatif?

it's not a sectarian issue at all; their grievence is that they are demanding ''reforms''

however it is true that Shiias of those countries are not allowed to join Army or National Guard and that created a sense of alienation. I did see some Shiia protestors however who assert they have no sectarian agenda; and in fact this shouldnt be seen as Sunni-Shiia rivalry.

if they genuinely want to protest in order to bring forth certain political reforms, they are within their rights to do so as long as it is within the law and poses no danger to lives or private property.........the West however has been caught with its pants down since they have one certain policy in a country like Libya whereas they prefer not to impose such standard on Yemen or Bahrain (where they have certain interests)

the Middle East is seeing a tumultuous yet very interesting time in its existence.

Sir ji where will you take them, even the ones that were granted the citizenship have lived there for generations. My own Phuphos family has been in that island ofcourse from my phuphas side since 46, now their 5th gen is growing up there.

well yes I was referring more to the labourers and/or those who have NOT been naturalized. Of course there are many Pakistan-origin people who have been there for a very very long time and are in fact more Bahraini than Bahrainis themselves.

a dear friend of mine (his father is based in Paris now but is former Bahrain ambassador to US) comes from an ethnic Baloch Pakistani family (Al-Belooshi) --theyve been Bahraini citizens for several generations now.

the regime should perhaps be assured that the protests may (in most cases at least) be genuine ones; calling for reforms. However until they are assured that no outside meddling is taking place, there may exist an environment of paranoia.

Iran does, if i'm not mistaken, have some ''claims'' over the island nation. At this point sovereignty of all nations must be respected. Year is 2011.

good
they need to get out. If Pakistanis were trying to enslave me and my family in my own country I would do a million times worse. What is the diff between Pakistani merceneries and African merceneries in Libya? And don't tell me these are civilians. If the Pakistni govt cared about these civilians, then it would ban Pakistani citizens from going over there to fight for the regime.

And I am glad you are banned. Sick minded idiot. You're army is doing the same in Syria.

We will not forgive anyone who touches our brethren.

Back
Top Bottom