What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

IMG_6005.JPG

[emoji6]

@Bilal. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Don't know if this is the right place to put this but interesting read regarding Navy and Vice-Admiral H.M.S.Choudri an ambitious person who wanted to acquire and construct, until Ayub got in the way. Check the link below and download the PDF book (takes like 10 seconds) and read pages 271-282.

becopeco.com

I do recommend reading this book completely as it gives more insight into other things during that time.

@Bilal. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Don't know if this is the right place to put this but interesting read regarding Navy and Vice-Admiral H.M.S.Choudri an ambitious person who wanted to acquire and construct, until Ayub got in the way. Check the link below and download the PDF book (takes like 10 seconds) and read pages 271-282.

becopeco.com

I do recommend reading this book completely as it gives more insight into other things during that time.

Off-topic slightly but lay of the Imran Hussein consumption just a friendly advice:enjoy:

Off-topic slightly but lay of the Imran Hussein consumption just a friendly advice:enjoy:

It's not a religious book or anything, this book details BECO an industrial conglomerate that was nationalized and then ruined in Pakistan. However, there is an interesting chapter of the book detailing the Navy and what they wanted before the 1971 War.

I was discussing this in another thread with @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal.

Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)

> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded

> Hypersonic P282 ship-launched anti-ship/land-attack ballistic missile

> MALE UAV contract concluded

New platforms being acquired is only part of the story.

PN have added new bases, shore based missile batteries, air defence, new marines battalions, information centre, nuclear command etc.

The PMSA has also grown in size.

The old PN was truly a joke in comparison.
Pakistan needs to concentrate on a blue water submarine force so that no one in the world could know where we can launch attacks into its too late.

Last edited:
The land based YJ-12B anti ship cruise missile would be a great asset for Pakistan. Would be hard for Pakistan to acquire it due to China being a member of the MTCR. China cant export missiles with that have range of 300km+. The YJ-12B has a range of around 500 km.

Below you can see the range of the YJ-12B if fired from 3 different locations.

Jiwani, Balochistan
Ormara, Balochistan
Mirpur Sakro, Sindh

YJ-12B.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom