What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

or some sea bird ..... ???

So who will do the conversion .... ??? OEM seems the only logical Option left ...
OEM-was initially approached to provide an LRMP version-Reps from Embraer however we’re adamant that PN foot the bill for all the modifications & work done ballooning the costs-making the endeavour unviable for PN. Therefore now conversion is still an open field-TBD(to be decided by the new team at NHQ) keeping in view all the factors including cost and geo politics involved. Moreover the experience in contract management gained from the Sea Eagle conversion program has allowed PN to follow this route with a much greater confidence than before.
SAAB actually missed a great opportunity for their Swordfish LRMP. PN was even willing to evaluate their bird and payment would have been done in hard cash. Too bad they missed the bus. For the Indian Gajjar they try so hard to get but never get.

OEM-was initially approached to provide an LRMP version-Reps from Embraer however we’re adamant that PN foot the bill for all the modifications & work done ballooning the costs-making the endeavour unviable for PN. Therefore now conversion is still an open field-TBD(to be decided by the new team at NHQ) keeping in view all the factors including cost and geo politics involved. Moreover the experience in contract management gained from the Sea Eagle conversion program has allowed PN to follow this route with a much greater confidence than before.
SAAB actually missed a great opportunity for their Swordfish LRMP. PN was even willing to evaluate their bird and payment would have been done in hard cash. Too bad they missed the bus. For the Indian Gajjar they try so hard to get but never get.
DISCLAIMER: WHAT IF POST (Yeah I know most people hate it)

What If PN accept Embraer proposal and get the share in IPR right for LRMPA configuration of Embraer Lineage-1000 series .... PN might earn some $ in future ..... ???

DISCLAIMER: WHAT IF POST (Yeah I know most people hate it)

What If PN accept Embraer proposal and get the share in IPR right for LRMPA configuration of Embraer Lineage-1000 series .... PN might earn some $ in future ..... ???
Unfortunately we aren’t that rich in terms of the availability of Capital which would allow us to buy our way into the IPR regime. Moreover Market Analysis would show that those nations which have the ability in terms of political and economic muscle have multiple other options which are tried and tested. Rest of the countries can either not afford or do not have the requirement. Which would make the endeavour all the more risky keeping in view our scarce foreign exchange which has to be invested timely & smartly.

Any chances if new team at NHQ approaches SAAB again now that India is no longer a potential client for SAAB? I mean only for Conversion & Sensors Part as platform aircraft has already been selected.

Do know SAAB was offering MPA system on either Bombardier Global 6000 or Q400 according to the customer's choice, so can same be done on Embraer jet as well? I mean technically it is possible but maybe SAAB would bill extra as this will be 1st of its kind.

But it will be win win for both. PN will have what they want & SAAB will be able to diversify their product line as well by providing MPA system on a 3rd platform & of course earning $$ as well.

Any chances if new team at NHQ approaches SAAB again now that India is no longer a potential client for SAAB? I mean only for Conversion & Sensors Part as platform aircraft has already been selected.

Do know SAAB was offering MPA system on either Bombardier Global 6000 or Q400 according to the customer's choice, so can same be done on Embraer jet as well? I mean technically it is possible but maybe SAAB would bill extra as this will be 1st of its kind.

But it will be win win for both. PN will have what they want & SAAB will be able to diversify their product line as well by providing MPA system on a 3rd platform & of course earning $$ as well.

Whats the point of Saab? Nearly every system on the swordfish already exists on the PN RAS-72 MPA. What system by Saab would PN need for this LRMPA?

Whats the point of Saab? Nearly every system on the swordfish already exists on the PN RAS-72 MPA. What system by Saab would PN need for this LRMPA?

Well your argument is valid. If we extrapolate your point then apart from SAAB, (RAS) GmbH is also probable place for the job.

Will have to wait & see what NHQ decides.

For me the most hilarious things in this entire episode is that these jets will be converted into anti submarine and anti ship jets by a German company. But Germany still hesitates to sell us weapons made in Germany. For me that is most amusing part.

There are only 28 of the Embraer Lineage 1000 in the world as of right now. So, if PN wants to use them as the basis for a LRMP then it will need to buy them as soon as they appear on the market, and that will be on a different cycle to when PN "wants" them since PN wants 1/3rd of the worlds fleet of available Embraer Lineage 1000's .....

There is no better time than the current time given the state of global aviation.

Unless of course Embraer agrees to convert other Embraer 190's into Embraer Lineage 1000 on demand from the PN, or it pays someone other than the OEM's to do it.

I guess what the PN is interested in, is the additional fuel tanks and nothing else.

If the Embraer Lineage 1000 forms the basis of a fleet of LMRP, ASW and future AEW&C/AWACs, then would it not be better to do the conversion of the Embraer 190 into the Embraer Lineage 1000 in Pakistan, under direction from Embraer?? That could be the "stretch objective" for PAC/KAMRA, and it would decouple the decision to use the Embraer Lineage 1000 platform from fleet wide availability of the Embraer Lineage 1000 issue ?

Last edited:
I think PN might be launch customer for Embraer Lineage 1000 version of LRMP?

There are only 28 of the Embraer Lineage 1000 in the world as of right now. So, if PN wants to use them as the basis for a LRMP then it will need to buy them as soon as they appear on the market, and that will be on a different cycle to when PN "wants" them since PN wants 1/3rd of the worlds fleet of available Embraer Lineage 1000's .....

The Lineage is basically an E190 regional jet with additional fuel tanks in it’s cargo hold.

As long as it’s in production you won’t have to worry about the limited number of Lineages produced

The work should be sourced tona trusted vender like RAS. They did good work with the Sea Eagle and all the systems of value are from Leonardo (another trusted vendor). The same or simialr systems will find there way onto this aircraft (+/- a MAD which was available for Sea Eagle, but not as necessary as people make it out to be). I think working with Embraer and RAS will work out very well for all parties.

I think this is a very good choice

well done PN

now lets see some naval helicopters
paf and pn seems to have learn their lessons but why PA is so ignorant and keeps on ordering stuff like ah1z? why not go for itar free stuff?

Back
Top Bottom