What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

It will be interesting to know who will perform the upgrade of the Lineage 1000 to maritime patrol. RAS would seem a good choice due to their experience with the RAS-72. But impossible to do at their own location, since the runway there is too short. Only 1200 metres. Enough for the RAS-72, too short for the Lineage 1000

It will be interesting to know who will perform the upgrade of the Lineage 1000 to maritime patrol. RAS would seem a good choice due to their experience with the RAS-72. But impossible to do at their own location, since the runway there is too short. Only 1200 metres. Enough for the RAS-72, too short for the Lineage 1000

If it really is 10 planes we are going for I imagine PN will want RAS to help them do this in Pakistan.

Internal Bombay is not a must as large platforms can Carry more external pylons say 4 under wing and another 4 on the fuselage to carry a mix of missiles and anti sub torpedoes
Sonoboouys launcher would still need some mod

As the suite will be almost same as on the Atr so most likely same weapons which include mark46 size/ type torpedoes and missiles

RHEINLAND AIR SERVICES or RAS Germany has no experience in doing Jet conversions into special mission aircrafts. They only have propeller ATR conversion experience. It is my information that the likely task of this conversion will eventually go to a US company that has the required experience in Jet conversions. This was as well mentioned by the ex CNS in his farewell address. This will be the same US company that has sold the Lineage 1000 to PN.

RHEINLAND AIR SERVICES or RAS Germany has no experience in doing Jet conversions into special mission aircrafts. They only have propeller ATR conversion experience. It is my information that the likely task of this conversion will eventually go to a US company that has the required experience in Jet conversions. This was as well mentioned by the ex CNS in his farewell address. This will be the same US company that has sold the Lineage 1000 to PN.
So mean subsystems will be US?? If yes then why not P8 from US?

So mean subsystems will be US?? If yes then why not P8 from US?
Probably because the P-8 is much more expensive. But if a US company would perform the conversion, the US Government has to allow weapons exports to Pakistan. And that has been an issue in recent years

buying fully will lead us to hell but only few parts will not for example

sanctions days P3Cs were grounded because they were full US made
K-8s were keep flying because they were only US engines only

I hope so, and Chinese or European package is not sufficient for us? Especially the Chinese or doing a lot in this field, were we not satisfied with ZDK-03? Is Chinese technic to equal with the US? sorry for aksing so much.

operational Continues Flight Testing of Y-8 GX6 Maritime Patrol & Anti-submarine Warfare Aircr...jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom