What's new

Pakistani mango enters US

I don't know if the Pakistani members have ever tasted 'Anwer Ratol'? No other variety can beat it in sweetness, at least among the famous Pakistani varieties.

Being from the land of mangoes in Pakistan (Multan), I can bet on it.

BTW, its very nice to learn that we are going to enter a big market for selling our mangoes.

P.S: Mango is not only a fruit, its a culture, especially in the subcontinent. Have you people ever heard of so much poetry in praise of any other fruit than that of mango? And then lovers of mangoes like Mirza Ghalib, Allama Iqbal?

Rightly, it is the king of fruits.

Kiya yaad dila diya yaar.

Summar, Multan & Mangoes with lassi. Yammmmmmmmm.

Come on Pakistani mango. Make the world sweet.

A little correction Multan maybe famous for mangoes but its sukhar thts the countries largest mango producer.

^^^^^^ But I didn't say that Multan is the largest producer. Even Rahim Yaar Khan is producing more mango than Multan for the last several years.

Multan is called the land of mangoes, perhaps, because in 1947 it was one of the largest districts of Pakistan. Now, four new districts have been cut from it and all four (combined as former Multan) produce quality mango.

Yup AnwarAtol tastes awesomely sweet. Apart from that Sindhari and Chounsa are also one of the best ones. I have Tota Pari mango tree in my home. Collected the whole bunch of mangoes a month ago. Though its not that sweet as Chaunsas or AnwarAtols but servs well for a Milk Shake.

Totapari

mang3_20091125_1671006518.jpg

Anwar Ratol

Anwar Ratol is popular due to high flavor and abundant of juice. It is smaller in size, heavy pulp full of juice, skin medium thick, pulp is firm and fibreless, can be cut off in slices, flavor very pleasant and very sweet taste. The season of Anwar Ratol starts from mid of July to August.

anwarretol_large_thumb.jpg

Sindhri

As mango is named as "King of the Fruits" similarly, Sindhri is said to be "The King of Mango", because this variety is top in Pakistan. Sindhri is yellow in colour, and test is very sweet. Sindhri mangoes were first brought by father of late Prime Minister Muhammad Khan Junejo from Bombay and then cultivated at Sindhri and it was named by his father Din Muhammad Junejo as "Sindhri". Sindhri has longer oval shape, skin color turns lemon yellow after ripening, pulp color yellowish full of juice, flavor attractively aromatic, totally fibreless and having pleasant sweet taste. The season of Sindhri is in between half of the month of May to mid of July.

Sweet_Fragrant_Sindhri_Mangoes_Direct_From_Our_Farms.jpg

Chounsa

Chaunsa is also a well known variety of the Mango that has keeps a great value in the world. It has fibreless texture, attractive golden color, having delicious sweet taste with attractive fragrance, keeping abundant juice and has a heavy pulp. The season of Chaunsa starts from last dates of June till the end of September.

Bengan Phali

Baganphali is the variety of Sindh that is popular due to large volume usually having length of about 14 cm, breath 9.1 cm and thickness 8.2 cm. Fruit shape is Oval, skin color dark green and become yellowish light green after being matured, surface smooth, sweet taste and heavy pulp and full of tasty juice. Season is extended from July to August.

Dusehri

Dusehri is the variety of Mango that is sweet taste, hard to cut in pieces, size longer seems like finger, color turn yellow after ripening, skin thin and having a heavy juicy pulp. The season starts from the mid of June to July.

Langra

It is the variety of Mango that has splendid demand in Europe and Canada. It is smaller in size, having delicious sweet taste, skin green and thin, attractive fragrance, highly perishing, fibreless, shape a little oval and heavy pulp that looks yellowish brown. The season starts from the mid of June till August.

http://hussainifruitfarm.com/products.html

@ Pakistani Nationalist! welcome to Multan. If I were there, I would have invited you to a mango party at my home.

Stay there, I may also be there during next mango season. Insha Allah.

@H2O3C4Nitrogen! Your post is mouth watering. Don't do this please.

BTW, I am in Darwin, Australia and interestingly this city has big mango farms. Its Strawberry Mango has very sweet taste, but, you know, no match for Pakistani mangoes.

King of fruits, fruit of kings: mango the healer is all around

ISLAMABAD: Mango, the king of fruits, has hit the fruit stalls around the country as sweltering heat gives way to sweet and delicious mangoes to the delight of mango lovers.

A variety of mangoes like Anwar Retol, Malda, Sindhri and Langra are presently seen decorating fruit stalls as more varieties are expected to flood the market in a fortnight or so.

Mango starts arriving in the market by late May and is available till the middle of October. It is rich in vitamins A, B, and C.

Dr Farhana Bukhari of Polyclinic told APP mango has sugar, fats, phosphorus, calcium, water, protein, fibre and iron as its ingredients. Mango increases body resistance against various diseases and removes iron deficiency.

She said Raw mango is used in making pickles which serves as an appetizer. According to Dole Nutrition Institute, run by Dole Food Company Inc., one of the largest sellers of organic fruits and vegetables, mangoes are one of the 33 healthiest foods on the planet, she maintained.

Dr Farhana said mangoes are known to support immunity, lower bad cholesterol and regulate homocysteine to protect the arteries,adding mangoes provide powerful antioxidants that help preserve the body’s antioxidant enzymes and prevent free radical damage.

She said free radicals are known to cause damage to cells and can lead to heart disease, cancer, premature aging and degenerative diseases.

Pectin, a soluble dietary fiber found in mangoes, lowers blood cholesterol levels and restrains galectin 3, a protein known to be a key factor in all stages of cancer progression, she maintained.

Dr Farhana said that new research suggests that mangoes can also restrain prostrate enlargement, proving to be a powerful ally in the prevention of prostrate cancer, the most commonly occurring form of cancer in men, as well as cervical cancer.

Mangoes are also loaded with vitamins and minerals. A cup of mango provides 75 percent of your daily Vitamin C and 25 percent of your daily vitamin A requirement and a good amount of vitamin E and fiber, she went on to add.

She said that mango contains vitamin K, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron (useful for pregnant women and anemia patients if eaten regularly) and potassium (reduces the risk of high blood pressure and regulates muscle contraction).

Considered a high volume food, she said,mangoes provide a larger volume of food for a relatively small amount of calories (an average of 135 calories per mango) and carbohydrates. However, an average sized mango contains around 30g of natural sugar making them high in sugar content,she added.

The other uses of mangoes include treatment of acidity and poor digestion, bleeding gums, constipation, cough, fever, nausea, sea sickness, asthma, clogged pores, menstrual disorders, bacterial infections, piles, morning sickness and hair loss,she mentioned.
:smitten:

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pakistani Mango is absolutely lush.

Get it from that city road shop, Cardiff.:D

Hey ever visited a chicken/briryani shop with my name "benny's" in that Albany road?? opposite to Iceland

Get it from that city road shop, Cardiff.:D

Hey ever visited a chicken/briryani shop with my name "benny's" in that Albany road?? opposite to Iceland

bro, it is really really expensive, people like me cant afford it. in Global cash & carry they bring it, but each box is more than £6.

there are nowdays quite a few shops in city road that sells eastern food, but very expensive, 2 of the kurdishs shops in city road by SPAR is good.

no mate, i dont know about the Biryani shop, but i know where iceland is, how old the shop is? I sometimes used to go to King Balti at the end of Albany Road which sold very deliciouse food, but it is closed now.

Its just opposite to the Iceland and Tesco next to the "cash generator" store in Albany road.. do visit , they have some good Biriyani which is cheap and its good

l

mmm, i might seen it but didnt notice. i am going out later on today, i am passing city road, but will go there to see the shop. by the way, is that your own shop?

Zaki;935809]I think we can all agree that Pakistani mangoes are the best in the world :smitten:

i'll be a little mischievous and say Indian mangoes are the best in the world;)
But seriously, i found the mangoes in Pakistan to be great. Just a bit of info.- mangoes in Pakistan are similar to the 'langra' and 'safedas' of North India and definitely as good. The other mangoes in India are from Western India like Alphonso (hapus), 'payari' and god-knows how many other kinds. Speaking for myself, Alphonsos are the best (maybe because i grew up in that area). Then there are mangoes in Southern India- not too much to my taste (Some forummers from there are going to kill me).

I hope by exporting mangoes to the US, poor peoples in Pakistan will still be able to enjoy these sweet mangoes unlike home grown wheat or sugar that is unnecassarily exported to other countries leaving poor peoples in hunger

You have a valid point there, when exports increase; the domestic prices go up and the pick of the crop gets sent abroad.

Thanks for reminding me about the 'King of Fruits'!:cheers:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom