What's new

Pakistani mango enters US

mmm, i might seen it but didnt notice. i am going out later on today, i am passing city road, but will go there to see the shop. by the way, is that your own shop?

nope... its pure coincidence... :no:

Justin Joseph;935879]The place of origin of Mango in the world is India.

i've been told that the mango came to this part of the world from South America (Brazil) via the Portuguese, hence the name 'manga'.:what:
BTW, i'v eaten the mangoes there (incl. the Amazon area), monstrously large in size, but quite (IMO) tasteless.
Pretty much the same for mangoes in Indonesia and Phillipines, though i found them smaller. The fact that mangoes are found there may lend some credence to the " S. America via Portuguese" theory.
Think of it, were the Portuguese trying to trade 'fruits for spices'??!!

:cheers:

King of fruits, fruit of kings: mango the healer is all around

ISLAMABAD: Mango, the king of fruits, has hit the fruit stalls around the country as sweltering heat gives way to sweet and delicious mangoes to the delight of mango lovers.

A variety of mangoes like Anwar Retol, Malda, Sindhri and Langra are presently seen decorating fruit stalls as more varieties are expected to flood the market in a fortnight or so.

Mango starts arriving in the market by late May and is available till the middle of October. It is rich in vitamins A, B, and C.

Dr Farhana Bukhari of Polyclinic told APP mango has sugar, fats, phosphorus, calcium, water, protein, fibre and iron as its ingredients. Mango increases body resistance against various diseases and removes iron deficiency.

She said Raw mango is used in making pickles which serves as an appetizer. According to Dole Nutrition Institute, run by Dole Food Company Inc., one of the largest sellers of organic fruits and vegetables, mangoes are one of the 33 healthiest foods on the planet, she maintained.

Dr Farhana said mangoes are known to support immunity, lower bad cholesterol and regulate homocysteine to protect the arteries,adding mangoes provide powerful antioxidants that help preserve the body’s antioxidant enzymes and prevent free radical damage.

She said free radicals are known to cause damage to cells and can lead to heart disease, cancer, premature aging and degenerative diseases.

Pectin, a soluble dietary fiber found in mangoes, lowers blood cholesterol levels and restrains galectin 3, a protein known to be a key factor in all stages of cancer progression, she maintained.

Dr Farhana said that new research suggests that mangoes can also restrain prostrate enlargement, proving to be a powerful ally in the prevention of prostrate cancer, the most commonly occurring form of cancer in men, as well as cervical cancer.

Mangoes are also loaded with vitamins and minerals. A cup of mango provides 75 percent of your daily Vitamin C and 25 percent of your daily vitamin A requirement and a good amount of vitamin E and fiber, she went on to add.

She said that mango contains vitamin K, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron (useful for pregnant women and anemia patients if eaten regularly) and potassium (reduces the risk of high blood pressure and regulates muscle contraction).

Considered a high volume food, she said,mangoes provide a larger volume of food for a relatively small amount of calories (an average of 135 calories per mango) and carbohydrates. However, an average sized mango contains around 30g of natural sugar making them high in sugar content,she added.

The other uses of mangoes include treatment of acidity and poor digestion, bleeding gums, constipation, cough, fever, nausea, sea sickness, asthma, clogged pores, menstrual disorders, bacterial infections, piles, morning sickness and hair loss,she mentioned.
:smitten:

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

That's GREAT INFORMATION, Thanks!
i'm willing to have acidity and poor digestion, bleeding gums, constipation, cough, fever, nausea, sea sickness, asthma, clogged pores, menstrual disorders (NO CHANCE;)), bacterial infections, piles, morning sickness (NEITHER ;) and hair loss; i'll still 'freak-out' on mangoes.

i've been told that the mango came to this part of the world from South America (Brazil) via the Portuguese, hence the name 'manga'.:what:
BTW, i'v eaten the mangoes there (incl. the Amazon area), monstrously large in size, but quite (IMO) tasteless.
Pretty much the same for mangoes in Indonesia and Phillipines, though i found them smaller. The fact that mangoes are found there may lend some credence to the " S. America via Portuguese" theory.
Think of it, were the Portuguese trying to trade 'fruits for spices'??!!

Mango - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its from the malayalam word "maanga"

Kiya yaad dila diya yaar.

Summar, Multan & Mangoes with lassi. Yammmmmmmmm.

afp1.jpg

Pakistani_Mango.jpg

Come on Pakistani mango. Make the world sweet.

You are invited at Multan, :smitten:
&
I went last Sunday to Fruit market (Most of you know here in Pakistan fruit & vegetable market are at same place and we call openly "Subzi Mandi")
and take 55KG of "Dosahri" Mango- Kachha fine quality brought home, pack those with "Masala" for three days,
Now i am Enjoying with
images

Today rates for 40KG Kachha 1050Rs.
Fellows Close your eyes and feel the taste of sweet sweet mangoes.
One reason for mango likeness, Mirza Ghalib Also like's Mangoes.

Its just opposite to the Iceland and Tesco next to the "cash generator" store in Albany road.. do visit , they have some good Biriyani which is cheap and its good

l

i saw it the other day, i will try the food. :tup:

A beaming Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture Nazar Mohammad Gondal termed the US decision a major breakthrough in Pakistani exports -
He is SO right! Before 9-11, before the Shoe Bomber, my personal nickname for the security in America's airports and seaports was The Fruit Police. Forget about drugs....just for carrying an apple from overseas a dog would sniff you out and you would be surrounded by three men (and the dog) who would tell you to either throw it out or eat it, then and there.

The decision means that the U.S. trusts Pakistani exporters will not send fruits infested with parasites that could damage U.S. crops. By no means can every nation pass this high hurdle. One Pakistani I met today said he could hardly wait!

He is SO right! Before 9-11, before the Shoe Bomber, my personal nickname for the security in America's airports and seaports was The Fruit Police. Forget about drugs....just for carrying an apple from overseas a dog would sniff you out and you would be surrounded by three men (and the dog) who would tell you to either throw it out or eat it, then and there.

The decision means that the U.S. trusts Pakistani exporters will not send fruits infested with parasites that could damage U.S. crops. By no means can every nation pass this high hurdle. One Pakistani I met today said he could hardly wait!

There is no shortage of US parasites :P foot and mouth disease anyone ? no thank you cow meat banned from europe and Canada :chilli:

Weired salad bugs ...:victory:

Viagara pills with side effects blinds you , yes yes I know its not a fruit , these are pharmaceutical parasites

I think we can all agree that Pakistani mangoes are the best in the world :smitten:

soorrryyyyy friend but i think u have never tasted Malihabadi Mango they are best in the world . i m from lucknow (India) and malihabad is a place which is in my District. i think you can google about Malihabadi mangoes .none can beat them but i also know they i have never had a pleasure to taste Pakistani mango.

but one thing i wana tell u that before writing this i have just eaten two yummy mangoes :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Man i love mangoes for it's taste.It's packed with vitamins,minerals and antioxidants.

Huge amount of vitamin A( precursor), only the musk melons have more amount of it than single mango.So in the summer season i don't miss a day with out them.:D
But not more than two of them a day,that's my limit.

And yeah Pakistani mangoes are the sweetest and the best in the world.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Last edited:
Fellows Close your eyes and feel the taste of sweet sweet mangoes.
One reason for mango likeness, Mirza Ghalib Also like's Mangoes.

Great, but we open our eyes and see you eating.
Brother enjoy and have fun, we are not that lucky.:smitten:
:pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom