What's new

Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII

If government will not change it it would be war and it would be really bloody one
...and TTP(alias JI/JUI) psychopaths will be eradicated once for all, InshaAllah.

LOL he is actually worse than the jihadis because while the jihadis will actually go out and kill and eventually be killed he is in the shadows, he is essentially the silent consent which seeks to legitimize their cause and hence his ilk are much more dangerous.
Please don't call them jihadis, call them fasadis. They have maligned the name and spirit if jihad.

Last edited:
@Alpha1 to kush ho gaya :P

serious note: These Mullahs do not understand Islam, they only memories stuff. Islam has flexibility in marriage because boys and girls grow up in different culture. Their maturity come in different ages in different societies. Marriage is not a joke, it is a responsibility. The couple must understand the responsibility. In our region, maturity comes after 20+ age. Islam is not just a religion but also way of living, it needs to be studied. These uneducated people only barks

I didn't know that Islamic laws is discussed by non-muslims on this forum....

In the old days, puberty happened late enough that the person had developed some mental maturity also.

The problem is that we have altered human biology. Nowadays, physical puberty comes earlier and earlier. I read somewhere that it has to do with growth hormones given to cows. This is done to make them grow up faster, for commercial reasons. These hormones end up in the cow's milk which is then consumed by human children. This causes children to physically grow up faster, outpacing their mental age.

Long story short, physical puberty does not equal mental maturity.

Puberty comes earlier because of better access to nutrition and higher standards of living. Children get all the calories they need and more, and all the necessary nutrients, if they eat properly. But that was not true some time back. It has nothing to do with growth hormones. In Japan, pubescant 9 year old girls are not uncommon.

An important factor that must be taken into consideration when comparing with the past, is not just that the age of reaching puberty has gone down 2-3 years, but that in present society, one has to be older to be prepared to face life. One has to be 21 to have a college education and be able to lead a good life. One has to have at least a school education to escape poverty. Nobody can be ready to face the chaallenges of life, and facing the world, at 15 or 16 today. Back in the hunter gatherer days, or the days of tribals and nomads, a 13 year old could do everything necessary to live that a 20 year old could. But not so today. Society makes us ''learners'' until much older, before we can stand on our feet. There is a lot more to learn today, not just the skills or hunting or cooking. And all this knowledge can only come after the teeenage years. That is why something so important as choosing a life partner should be done only after one knows the ways of the world, not as soon as one reaches puberty. Today a 15 year old is still a child, for all purposes; 200 years back that may not have been the case.

Si ji what is are your thoughts on this announcement by CII?

Yar, I'm not an Islamic Scholar and neither am thorough in the interpretations of Islamic law.

These self-proclaimed Scholars just want attention, nothing else.
If they discuss something this sensitive and decide to make it public, it should be based on Shariah, Sunnah, Islamic jurisprudence & examples and then it should be announced systematically & properly to educate the public.

The whole world will be laughing at these idiots. I hope saner minds prevail and kick these sick and pedophile mullahs out of Pakistan.

Yar, I'm not an Islamic Scholar and neither am thorough in the interpretations of Islamic law.

These self-proclaimed Scholars just want attention, nothing else.
If they discuss something this sensitive and decide to make it public, it should be based on Shariah, Sunnah, Islamic jurisprudence & examples and then it should be announced systematically & properly to educate the public.

Islamic scholar ki bat hi nahin, magar these people collect their minds on non issues and only murky the religion. They have no sense of shame.

Puberty comes earlier because of better access to nutrition and higher standards of living. Children get all the calories they need and more, and all the necessary nutrients, if they eat properly. But that was not true some time back. It has nothing to do with growth hormones. In Japan, pubescant 9 year old girls are not uncommon.

I am not sure the growth hormone explanation can be ruled out. If better nutrition were the main factor, then children of upper class elite would grow up quicker throughout the ages. I don't know if that is the case.

Anyway, regardless of the explanation, we agree that mental maturity lags physical maturity..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom