What's new

Pakistani Journalist Hamid Mir's Unhinged Response to Attack on Asad Toor

Who was the mastermind of the attack on #AsadToor? #PakistanArmy's harshest critic Gul Bukhari says #ISI had nothing to do with the attack on Toor. She alleges that fellow journalist Imran Riaz Khan ordered the attack & his people carried it out

lol. now gul bukhari statement is acceptable to riaz haq

:-)
Two ITV presenters in the UK got the sack cause they made an off the mark joke about a UK flag.
I don't know what the problem is here, just get rid of these types!

WHY is it customary to allow disorder in Pakistan society - everyone should toe the line.

You can't go around spouting BS without irrefutable evidence.
were they attacked and beaten ,shot at ?

The entire nation is corrupt - those that aren’t haven’t gotten the opportunity yet or are essentially rotting away.

The constant doom and gloom with abject dismay at Pakistan that I project is not without truth or purpose. There is no other way than a culling or disaster to fix Pakistan or whatever will come out of it.

That also means taking out everyone besides millennials and below from any position of power. Those generations had their chance and now are best used for advice.

Pakistan has to be reborn the same way it was born - with young and fresh minds.

Sir, I totally understand where you are coming from but "tanqeed bar e tanqeed" everybody does actually (including myself) but how many come up with "tanqeed bar e islah"... it is not that a plethora of articles, opinions and recommendations are not out there but nothing close to what you are envisioning...I myself sometimes think about a virtual remedy of all our ailments and that is "danday waali sarkaar"... even if it is a far cry from reality for some at least for some it is the ONLY solution...

BTW, how many years in future you are predicting this transformation of yours happening?

The entire nation is corrupt - those that aren’t haven’t gotten the opportunity yet or are essentially rotting away.

The constant doom and gloom with abject dismay at Pakistan that I project is not without truth or purpose. There is no other way than a culling or disaster to fix Pakistan or whatever will come out of it.

That also means taking out everyone besides millennials and below from any position of power. Those generations had their chance and now are best used for advice.

Pakistan has to be reborn the same way it was born - with young and fresh minds.

But the question is does it has to be a bloody revolution? Even the Idea of a bloody war after the last 15+ years of Terrorism left Pakistani's with nothing but picking up the pieces, most of the most beaten middle Class would rather live the way they are and upset every time they hear about a scandal rather than rebuilding a nation from scratch, Pakistani's have given way to much blood for just recognizing that they have a Terrorism Problem, I think the Pakistani nation can not be rebuild because almost everyone is morally dead and confused to a degree that they don't even know what they want this new nation to be.

Hamid Mir represents the NGOs and foreign cash fed cows in Pakistan. Ony if ever our domestic cash machine becomes stronger , we will be able to fighte off these foreign agent class. They are simply too many !

Pakistan is the only country where journalists can question its military and still cry like a bitch that they dont have freedom to sell their mothers and daughters to the highest bidder..

Hamid Mir represents the NGOs and foreign cash fed cows in Pakistan. Ony if ever our domestic cash machine becomes stronger , we will be able to fighte off these foreign agent class. They are simply too many !

Costs less to put a bullet in their skull. Often times the best solution is the simplest one, rather than sitting and contemplating.

Sir, I totally understand where you are coming from but "tanqeed bar e tanqeed" everybody does actually (including myself) but how many come up with "tanqeed bar e islah"... it is not that a plethora of articles, opinions and recommendations are not out there but nothing close to what you are envisioning...I myself sometimes think about a virtual remedy of all our ailments and that is "danday waali sarkaar"... even if it is a far cry from reality for some at least for some it is the ONLY solution...

BTW, how many years in future you are predicting this transformation of yours happening?
There is no prediction - it is simple proposal of a quick solution. Otherwise there are hundreds of solutions with paths ranging from 2 years to 20 but not everyone has a chance of success. It is very likely that the probability of solving Pakistan’s ills through any solution is around 1%. Out of which the external impediment is probably contributing less than 2%.

Either way, I have little interest other than some remnant of emotional attachment to Pakistan and don’t see any potential for change from the people as the current populations mindset is generally not going to barring a cataclysmic event. All the nonsense of “Islam” or other cultural idiocies disguised as Islamic changes will have zero impact.

So if you do wish to define what I am doing - I am watching a loved one on a ventilator dying, their ekg moving towards a flatline while the doctors and nurses are either bungling up or watching tik-tok while I am banging on the window into the theater in desperation and losing hope that someone in the room will listen.

As for Hamid Mir and other journalists, they are in the room with that loved one - poking with their scalpels like all the other squabbling players in that room.

Costs less to put a bullet in their skull. Often times the best solution is the simplest one, rather than sitting and contemplating.

Bullet creates Nobel prize for these greedy animals under the present configuration. We need to replace this rotten foundation first and build a fresh new republic. Simply replacement of few names alone won't change the system.

There is no prediction - it is simple proposal of a quick solution. Otherwise there are hundreds of solutions with paths ranging from 2 years to 20 but not everyone has a chance of success. It is very likely that the probability of solving Pakistan’s ills through any solution is around 1%. Out of which the external impediment is probably contributing less than 2%.

Let me synthesize:
You are proposing a SIMPLE & QUICK solution i.e. somehow suddenly a GINI will appear and with one swipe of his magic wound everyone will disappear leaving ONLY the millennials to run the Country...and then even that has less than 1 % chance of success ... am I right?

Either way, I have little interest other than some remnant of emotional attachment to Pakistan and don’t see any potential for change from the people as the current populations mindset is generally not going to barring a cataclysmic event.

All the nonsense of “Islam” or other cultural idiocies disguised as Islamic changes will have zero impact.

What that cataclysmic event would be? similar to a meteor strike which wiped out Dinosaurs (we have our fair share of them)? Please do not take this as an insult, it is my inner curiosity for knowing what KIND of cataclysmic event or chamatkaar we should be expecting...?

I honestly don't care about what religion you follow but I would refrain from belittling a religion which approximately 1.8 billion follows as a nonsense...if you see religion plays no significance then it was just better for you to keep it out from the conversation...

So if you do wish to define what I am doing - I am watching a loved one on a ventilator dying, their ekg moving towards a flatline while the doctors and nurses are either bungling up or watching tik-tok while I am banging on the window into the theater in desperation and losing hope that someone in the room will listen.

I am sorry but your thought process does NOT have any space for HOPE...you lost ALL your HOPE already even before reaching to the Hospital...you are ONLY waiting for the inevitable...

As for Hamid Mir and other journalists, they are in the room with that loved one - poking with their scalpels like all the other squabbling players in that room.

Again, you have already lost ALL hope so it does NOT matter if Hamid Mir or Mir Jafar come back from his grave in that room ... BTW even Mir Jafar will be shocked to see the hopelessness by the patient's ONLY loved one present there...

My 2 Cents:
I do not know if you have read Allama M. Iqbal (RA) but pretty much to an extent our society is manifesting the same ills as conveyed through Jawab e Shikwa and solution for those issues were also presented in it but I guess it is related to following Islamic principles so it will be out of scope for your solution.

I do believe in HOPE and I do believe in Dua for keeping THAT hope that one day Nizam-e-ADAL will be implemented "across the board" which will be the starting point to positive changes to come ... now who will be torch bearer I have to wait and see ...

1622530655442.png

Last edited:
lol. now gul bukhari statement is acceptable to riaz haq

:-)

were they attacked and beaten ,shot at ?
ohh so covid has ended and water and not piss has started flowing in ganga or yindu heaven became SUPA POWA that must be the only reason yindu rat is concerned about Pakistani journalist!

Asad Toor Affair: Exposed Unprofessionalism of Pakistani Media

What will be remembered as the “Asad Toor Affair” has badly exposed the unprofessionalism and moral bankruptcy of Pakistani media, civil-military fault lines of the country, and helplessness of Pakistani state institutions in handling the challenges of globalization and cyberspace.

The net result is that Pakistani state institutions – Police, FIA, and courts – are unable to discipline an ordinary petty mischief monger who slanders fellow journalists, their wives, and other women in media because this obnoxious man conveniently subterfuges and presents himself as a “journalist”.

Given Pakistan’s civil-military divide and heroism attached with being “anti-establishment,” no one in the media bothered to critically examine and understand the actual sequence of events and the veracity of claims being made by an irresponsible character and his loudmouth supporters. Truth, as usual, was the first casualty of this phony war between “Journalism and the State.”

---------------

Though most in media attacked by Mr. Toor ignored him considering it a waste of time given lack of effective law enforcment. Nevertheless in 2017, prominent TV Anchor and journalist, Rauf Klasra, filed a defamation suit against him, and after three long years, or 36 months, he was awarded a mere Rs. One million in damages. Mr. Toor has appealed since then, and Mr. Klasra morally vindicated or perhaps disappointed has probably lost interest – given the unending labyrinthine legal system. This once again proves the total futility of whatever is referred to as “defamation laws of Pakistan. Hundreds of cases are pending in Pakistani courts without any logical conclusion.

------------------

But unfortunately, the account was so bizarre that few wanted to believe it. The event led to juicy discussions, articles floating on social media, vlogs, and heated arguments on Twitter Spaces. Most had heard and sincerely believed that ISI agents have in recent years picked up journalists on streets, taken them to safe houses, and grilled or roughed them.

But no one was willing to believe that ISI or any intelligence agency that comes to give you “bruised arms” also makes a public announcement and then leaves you free to record a video that goes viral within minutes. This obvious “weakness” this “credibility gap” in the allegation even dampened the spirits of some of his “support brigade.”

Now a passionate supporter, Ms. Gul Bukhari, has jumped in the fray to fix this “credibility gap” by recording a video, from somewhere outside Pakistan, to explain why poor Toor had been misled to blame ISI. She claims, with supreme confidence, that it has been conclusively discovered that ISI did not beat Mr. Toor but this assault was done by Military Intelligence (MI) along with a prominent TV Anchor, Imran Khan Riaz. And they have staged the drama to put it on ISI. Why another premier state institution like MI, that remains hidden from public eye, will conspire against ISI is never explained in Ms. Bokhari’s twisted world of Harry Potter and Ministry of Magic.

Ms. Bukhari, known for her anti-state views, claimed that out of three intruders, two were from MI (sent by a Colonel) and one was a personal servant of Anchor Imran Khan Riaz.

Geo/Jang Group issues statement after taking Hamid Mir off air
Dawn.comPublished June 1, 2021 - Updated about 8 hours ago
Facebook Count

This file photo shows veteran journalist Hamid Mir. — AFP

This file photo shows veteran journalist Hamid Mir. — AFP

The Geo/Jang Group has issued a statement after journalists and rights bodies condemned the move to take veteran TV show host Hamid Mir off air.

A day earlier, Mir told BBC Urdu he had been informed by the Geo News management that he would "not go on air on Monday" to host his five-days-a-week show 'Capital Talk'.

In a statement, the Geo/Jang Group said that the veteran journalist had made a speech "that has resulted in backlash from different segments of society".

"The editorial committee and lawyers will check for violation of policy and law. Meanwhile, ‘Capital Talk’ will be hosted by a temporary host," it said.

"We would like to remind our viewers and readers that Geo and Jang Group were shut down, our journalists were beaten up as they faced hundreds of fake allegations of corruption, blasphemy and traitorhood, shot at, financially strangulated more than any other media organisation in the country. The organisation has lost more than Rs10 billion to keep viewers and readers informed.

"However, it becomes difficult for the group and its editors to take ownership of the content that is delivered outside the purview, input and guidance of its editors, and which are not fact-checked and approved by the editorial teams," the statement said.

It added that the disappointment and frustration being felt by Mir and other journalists was a "shared and grave concern but better ways exist on how to channel that energy for productive gains for the safety of journalism and journalists".

"Too many journalists lose their lives and their liberty in Pakistan while their fight for the right of the public to know continues," the statement said, adding that many human and media rights organisations have advocated that the government must protect journalists. "No respite has been given till now."

Mir had just days earlier delivered a fiery speech in Islamabad calling for accountability for repeated assaults on journalists in the country. He was speaking at a protest against the recent attack on journalist and YouTuber Asad Ali Toor.

"The management asked me to either explain or refute the speech outside the [National] Press Club," Mir told BBC Urdu, adding that he asked in return: "Who is asking you for this?"

"I told them if they arrest the persons who attacked Asad Toor then I am ready to apologise, let alone issue an explanation," the journalist said.

Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry, meanwhile, without addressing Mir or Geo, tweeted in the evening that the government had nothing to do with the internal decisions of broadcasting organizations.

"Broadcasters themselves decide which programme they have to broadcast and what its team will be," said Chaudhry, adding that all media institutions were responsible for devising their policies under Article 19 of the Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom