What's new

Pakistani & Indian Artillery

As far as i know we don't have msta-s sp arty.
In mbrls we ARE ahead.
62 smerch systems ,100 pinaka plus 150 bm-21 grad older type.Pakistan has 36 odd a-100s and 70 odd krl-21 older types.

We are totally outgunned in SP artillery,pakistan has a huge SP gun arsenal.260 203mm m-110,650+ m-109s of all types,200 odd sh-1 howitzers.
Compare this to our pathetic 150 odd upgraded 130 mm m-46 catapults,110 2s1 122mm sp guns and u can see that we seriously lack in this dept.

In towed artillery our numbers are more or less equal but calibres are older and increasingly obsolete.
All in all our arty is in seriously bad shape.
Fortunately our armour has a good advantage atm,otherwise situation would have been bad

Dude we have a production of A-100s and KRL MBRL has a range of 45KM and we are making both of them... and as of right now have more than 100 A-100s and unknown number of KRLs... with 300 A-100s planned.. plus most of our towed arty is 155mm which is under the process of standardisation...(forgot to mention abt production of panter and indegenous arty gun under development).... as for armour... lol brah... 600+ AKs-1400 plus AZ,320+ T-80UDs and 500 t-85IIAPs(Upgraded), etc are all waiting to welcome you guys.

Corrected number of a-100s is 100 and kl-21 is 72.Still a slight advantage for IA in rocket arty.But only very slight.As for 300 production plan,u are not the only one with plans,if we include plans then IA has big plans for arty as well.Pa holds decisive advantage in SP arty and qualitative advantage in towed arty.
Now speaking of armour-

Al zarrar ur main quantity MBT is an upgraded t-55 with FCS,new gun and some armour.1400.
Same for type-85-ii an upgraded t-72 with new goodies.275.

The only real modern MBTs are 600 al khalid and 320 t-80uds.

Against these we field 1100 t-90s and 124 arjun mk-1 as modern tanks.
Plus a 1000 upgraded t-72 ajeya and another 1400 t-72s not yet upgarded to ajeya standard to deal with 1400 zarrars and 275 type-85s.So IA does have an armour advantage to offset its arty disadvantage.

Corrected number of a-100s is 100 and kl-21 is 72.Still a slight advantage for IA in rocket arty.But only very slight.As for 300 production plan,u are not the only one with plans,if we include plans then IA has big plans for arty as well.Pa holds decisive advantage in SP arty and qualitative advantage in towed arty.
Now speaking of armour-

Al zarrar ur main quantity MBT is an upgraded t-55 with FCS,new gun and some armour.1400.

Plus a 1000 upgraded t-72 ajeya and another 1400 t-72s not yet upgarded to ajeya standard to deal with 1400 zarrars and 275 type-85s.So IA does have an armour advantage to offset its arty disadvantage.

don't know from where the info of KRL-21 came to you……:lol:
they are more than atleast 150 till now as its 2013 not 2010……
things are not like main quantity MBT etc…
it is frontline main battle tank on which you talks……
600 AKs??
don't know your source of information dear……:sick:
800 Aks we have
and AK-1 is in production line and who knows we have induced 20-30 AK-1
what advantage in armour you are talking about dear??
Al Zarrar have westren mission computer with increased rate of fire and capacity to carry ammunation……
just try to compare it with your T-72 Ajea standard and you would get my point……
and about Arjun I shouldnot even discuss……
come in the PA tank comparison thread
in here advantage in MRL don't goes to you dear……

They are not plans my friend, A-100 systems are being churned out as we speak. PA has setup an entire factory entirely dedicated to the manufacturing of A-100. You need to keep in mind that the attacker needs to have a ratio of atleast 3-1 in order to hold an advantage over the defender.

Now speaking of armour-

Al Zarrars are not even close to as vulnerable as you are making them out to be. In several war games they have easily held their own against the superior Al Khalids, and also not entirely all specs of the Al Zarrar have been revealed. You are also discounting one factor, modern ATGM's. PA has setup extensive defensive ATGM hell holes for advancing IA Armour throughout the border with India, any Indian advance will invite massive ATGM's firepower which will immediately slow down IA advance and cause attrition.

Apparently you people were under the impression i was talking about a scenario of IA attacking pakistan,i was thinking of PA attacking india .Such has been the historical case.And do keep bragging about those old al zarrar junks,a souped up t-55 no matter how souped up is still a t-55.

Apparently you people were under the impression i was talking about a scenario of IA attacking pakistan,i was thinking of PA attacking india .Such has been the historical case.And do keep bragging about those old al zarrar junks,a souped up t-55 no matter how souped up is still a t-55.

Lets pray for this guy to Allah to grant him good digestion system:wave:
he can't digest facts at present……:omghaha:

In case of a war you will find out how these old junks fare. We have already war gamed and simulated enough to know where this tank stands. We are more than confident that AZ can easily stand its own against an assault by T-72. Go through this thread to broaden your horizons:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/7768-al-zarrar-comparison-other-tanks-2.html

So they can stand up to our old 1400 odd unupgraded t-72s,i am not disagreeing on this and the thread agrees on that the zarrar was built to counter indian t-72s too.Doesn't change the armour balance.
You still have 1000 upgraded ajeya t-72s,124 arjuns and 1100 t-90s to deal with against 600[800?claimed] ak,275 type-85-ii and 320 t-80uds.

So they can stand up to our old 1400 odd unupgraded t-72s,i am not disagreeing on this and the thread agrees on that the zarrar was built to counter indian t-72s too.Doesn't change the armour balance.
You still have 1000 upgraded ajeya t-72s,124 arjuns and 1100 t-90s to deal with against 600[800?claimed] ak,275 type-85-ii and 320 t-80uds.

Try this equation:

1400 AZ
800 AK-I (and more being inducted... whith AK-II under development)
320 T-80/84UDs
500 T-85II

vs

1000 T-72 (most are night blind)
119 Arjuns
1000 t-90

Try this equation:

1400 AZ
800 AK-I (and more being inducted... whith AK-II under development)
320 T-80/84UDs
500 T-85II

vs

1000 T-72 (most are night blind)
119 Arjuns
1000 t-90

1000 odd t-72s are upgarded to ajeya standrad with new FCS AND NIGHT VISION.Still got 1400 non upgraded one sto deal with.Bulk of these are recieveing TISAS thremal vision from isreal.
I see u conveniently left out t-72 fleet out while retaining your zarars and type-85-2 which are equally obsolete.

1000 odd t-72s are upgarded to ajeya standrad with new FCS AND NIGHT VISION.Still got 1400 non upgraded one sto deal with.Bulk of these are recieveing TISAS thremal vision from isreal.
I see u conveniently left out t-72 fleet out while retaining your zarars and type-85-2 which are equally obsolete.

AZs and T-85IIAPs are obsolete? what are on drugs? Also dont tell me you upgraded thousands of night blind t-72s in just 1-2 hours.

AZs and T-85IIAPs are obsolete? what are on drugs? Also dont tell me you upgraded thousands of night blind t-72s in just 1-2 hours.

The upgrade program for the T-72s have been going on for quite a while, these are not major overhauls you seem to forget.

Al Zarrars are a Chinese copy of the T-55. A few upgrades here and there don't change the fact that these tanks are of 1960s vintage.

Pakistan is very much superior in arty to india atm.

Can get more if we increase number of Panter and also get PLZ-45 and more MRLS from China and some Artillery from Turkey and if USA gives some of the artillery which it used in Afghanistan that can be good

Back
Top Bottom