What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you saying Pakistani Christians would like to migrate to India? but have any of them done that recently?

I did not say that they would like to nor I read of any news they have migrated - I am just saying that any non-muslims should be allowed to migrate.

As a separate news -

Acknowledging that Hindus face a lot of challenges in Sindh, sister of President Asif Ali Zardari said in Pakistan's parliament today that Hindu girls were being forcibly kept in madrassas in the province and are forced to marry Muslims.

The remarks by Azra Fazal Pechuho, a lawmaker of the ruling Pakistan People's Party, came against the backdrop of the Supreme Court's recent directive to authorities to produce three Hindu women who were allegedly kidnapped in Sindh.

Two of the women, Rinkle Kumari and Lata Kumari, have told magistrates they voluntarily converted.

Speaking in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament on the issue of Rinkle Kumari, Pechuho said Hindus faced a lot of challenges in Sindh.

She stressed the need for laws to protect the rights of minority communities and to end forced conversions.

Nafeesa Shah, another lawmaker from Sindh, endorsed Pechuho's stand and said parliament should introduce legislation on forced conversions.

Media reports had said that non-Muslims were being forced to accept Islam, she said.

"Protection of the minorities should be ensured as enshrined in the Constitution," Shah said.

Minority parliamentarians, including Lal Chand and Mahesh Kumar, too expressed concerns at the kidnapping and forced conversion of Hindu women.

They said it was the right of every person to follow any religion but nobody can be forced to convert, they said.

In his statement, Minister of State for Interfaith Harmony Akram Masih Gill, a Christian, said the government has taken several steps to empower minorities.

The steps included a five per cent quota in government jobs and declaration of August 11 as Minorities Day, he said.

PML-N lawmaker Araish Kumar raised the issue of minorities being forced to attend classes on Islamic studies.

"Our students are being forced to study Islamiat in government schools...If they refuse to study Islamic studies, they are struck off by the school administration," he

contended.

The remarks by the lawmakers came at a time when a report said almost three-quarters of women from Pakistan's minority communities have faced sexual harassment while 43 per cent complained of religious discrimination at workplaces, educational institutions and neighbourhoods.

The report, prepared by the National Commission for Justice and Peace, states that about 74 per cent of the women faced sexual harassment.

Hindu girls are forced to marry Muslims: Zardari's sister - Indian Express

@Spring Onion - looks like your view that feudalism was the reason behind Hindus having to go through hardships has been shatterred by the Sindh's own lawmakers. (your post #75 and previous posts) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Areesh, if Pakistani Muslims are so fond of Pakistani Christians then why are they being attacked?

Those attacks are minor incidents and have happened mostly in poor neighborhoods. The good thing is that no casualty happened in those attacks.

But Shias are facing the most violence.

But they are not running for India. And are still a very patriotic Pakistani unlike these hindus.:lol:

I saw that speech and support he got.

He had to apologize in hours not days buddy. This is our influence.

Off course we always give refuge to the distressed, remember 1971 ..we hosted ten million Pakistani refugees, before carving out a new a country for them

This time you can only carve a slum for these guys. So do it and keep them. :D

As a separate news -

Acknowledging that Hindus face a lot of challenges in Sindh, sister of President Asif Ali Zardari said in Pakistan's parliament today that Hindu girls were being forcibly kept in madrassas in the province and are forced to marry Muslims.

The remarks by Azra Fazal Pechuho, a lawmaker of the ruling Pakistan People's Party, came against the backdrop of the Supreme Court's recent directive to authorities to produce three Hindu women who were allegedly kidnapped in Sindh.

Two of the women, Rinkle Kumari and Lata Kumari, have told magistrates they voluntarily converted.

Speaking in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament on the issue of Rinkle Kumari, Pechuho said Hindus faced a lot of challenges in Sindh.

She stressed the need for laws to protect the rights of minority communities and to end forced conversions.

Nafeesa Shah, another lawmaker from Sindh, endorsed Pechuho's stand and said parliament should introduce legislation on forced conversions.

Media reports had said that non-Muslims were being forced to accept Islam, she said.

"Protection of the minorities should be ensured as enshrined in the Constitution," Shah said.

Minority parliamentarians, including Lal Chand and Mahesh Kumar, too expressed concerns at the kidnapping and forced conversion of Hindu women.

They said it was the right of every person to follow any religion but nobody can be forced to convert, they said.

In his statement, Minister of State for Interfaith Harmony Akram Masih Gill, a Christian, said the government has taken several steps to empower minorities.

The steps included a five per cent quota in government jobs and declaration of August 11 as Minorities Day, he said.

PML-N lawmaker Araish Kumar raised the issue of minorities being forced to attend classes on Islamic studies.

"Our students are being forced to study Islamiat in government schools...If they refuse to study Islamic studies, they are struck off by the school administration," he

contended.

The remarks by the lawmakers came at a time when a report said almost three-quarters of women from Pakistan's minority communities have faced sexual harassment while 43 per cent complained of religious discrimination at workplaces, educational institutions and neighbourhoods.

The report, prepared by the National Commission for Justice and Peace, states that about 74 per cent of the women faced sexual harassment.

Hindu girls are forced to marry Muslims: Zardari's sister - Indian Express

@Spring Onion - looks like your view that feudalism was the reason behind Hindus having to go through hardships has been shatterred by the Sindh's own lawmakers. (your post #75 and previous posts) ;)

Chor bhai ki chor behan. Just wants to make sure she gets votes of Hindu voters in hindu majority districts in Thar and Umarkot. Electoral politics nothing else. Or else we all know what happened in Rinkle Kumari story.

if its true, then i condemn these "forced" conversions -- if they are indeed forced.

there's no 'compulsion' in Islam - it must come naturally from the heart

please refer to Quran if you have doubts on this - English translation copy is available at bookstore

everything you need to know is in Quran

Well, I guess that's where we disagree. I am surprised you are comparing Owaisi to Marwi. I am not sure why you think Owaisi is a good example of a Muslim leader- just listen to what he says. How can any reasonable person describe his speech as anything but provocative and hate filled?

And tell me, if a Hindu political leader gave a speech like that in Pakistan, forget jail, how long would he survive?

And on the subject of Marwi, we have Arundhati- ever listened to how much she criticizes the Indian state? But that is her right.

Marvi Sarmad herself is a great example of it.

Akbar Owaisi had said the right things its just u people who cant digest that. He in his speech condomned mumbai attacks and other terrorism too that seems u ignored it n his speech was shared by me in this forum and i had listened it before sharing n also did after sharing. The thing he was saying abt his family that how u people had raped his sisters, mother etc and u ignored it too.

But yr too keen to high light his reaction over that in his speech and do u even noticed that how many muslims were there in his speech and how much they were cheering him??

As for yr saying that any hindu political figure can do same in our country!!

Well understand what we r a Muslim country build specifically for Muslims of SA. So here any non muslim political figure or party is illogical still we have seats reserved for minority in parliament n there is separate ministry for minorities.

But u r a secular country or at least u claim and still u do such thing ie putting somebody in jail just because he has expressed his pain n his thoughts then that is a sign of Intolerance.

Indian source is questionable...
BBC like sources are not reliable and do propaganda...
pakistani sources, the author is a traitor, BS article...
hahahah what left... who will care about your question?
LOL kiddo then see who is saying what n why do they reject it.
BBC is NATO country's media n they r at war with us n Islam so its not surprising what they will say.
And abt u, well even u guys accept the same.

107 pages of Indian Hindus and Pakistani Muslims arguing on Pakistani Hindus :omghaha:

LOL kiddo then see who is saying what n why do they reject it.
BBC is NATO country's media n they r at war with us n Islam so its not surprising what they will say.
And abt u, well even u guys accept the same.

For you, only Zaid Hamid is the reliable source of news, others like BBC,CNN, Dawn, ET are false. :omghaha:

By the looks of things your wish will soon be granted, you will surely be rid of your Hindu's.

Let me quote haphazardly a passage which is a fav of a few of your posters who shed crocodile tears.

First they went after the Hindu's and I didn't say anything,
Then the went after the Christians and I didn't say anything,
Later they went after the Shia's, then the Ahmedi's and I didn't say anything,
Then they came after me and there was no one left to say anything.

nice cheating this is for the jews

this is true, the PPP is trying to win hindu votes which can mke big difference in many districts of sindh province where they face defeat, for example thatta etc zrdari and PPP did nothing in sindh and even though sindh is considered their fortress but this time sindhis are very ngry about their performance

Pakistani hindus are fifth columnists and surrogates of india in Pakistan.

In my opinion, Pakistan has dealt with it's hindu population with silk gloves. Ofcourse things would be changed radically if i were to ascend into power :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom