What's new

Pakistani Forces against Militants.

PESHAWAR: Afghan terrorists ambushed a Pakistani security forces checkpost in Mohmand Agency, which was retaliated by Pakistan Army, however no casualties were reported.

According to military officials, Afghan terrorists attacked the Pakistani checkpost in Olai border area of Tehsil Baizai in Mohmand Agency near the Pak-Afghan border.

The security forces fired 44 mortars shells in retaliation to the 22 mortars fired by the insurgents; however, no loss of lives was reported from both sides, sources said.

Pakistan and Afghanistan have blamed each other for cross-border attacks in the past, which have become a source of tension between the two countries. On April 2, dozens of Pakistani soldiers were killed after Afghan terrorists attacked an army checkpoint close to the Afghan border.

Islamabad has protested to Kabul and NATO forces deployed in Afghanistan against the cross-border attacks on Pakistani posts saying that further attacks could damage relationships between two countries.

BATWAR, Bajuar Agency: Twenty militants and two Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and six others injured in heavy clashes between security forces and Taliban fighters in the mountainous Batwar area of Salarzai Tehsil in Bajaur Agency on Sunday.

Fresh contingents of the Pakistan Army and paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC) have been sent to the border area where the fighting against the militants continues.

Military officials said a large number of militants had arrived from Afghanistan’s Kunar province two days ago and attacked security check-points and villages located near the Afghan border.

This correspondent visited the mountainous Batwar area near the border where heavy fighting was going on between security forces and Afghanistan-based Pakistani Taliban. Security forces are using heavy weapons but facing tough resistance from the militants in securing control of the area.

Military officials said 20 militants were killed in Sunday’s fighting. They added that two Pakistan Army soldiers were killed and six others were injured in the clashes.

Official sources said the militants were still in control of the border villages in Batwar area of Bajaur.Local tribesmen and members of the anti-Taliban Lashkar were also fighting alongside the Pakistani security forces against the militants.

The Pakistani Taliban from Bajaur and the Malakand Division took refuge in Afghanistan’s Kunar and Nuristan provinces from where they have been carrying out attacks in the border areas of Bajaur Agency and Upper Dir, Lower Dir and Chitral districts.

The Washington Post, quoting a Pakistani official, reported that dozens of militants from Afghanistan attacked the Lashkar post, sparking the fighting. Four Lashkar men were also wounded in the Sunday’s clash, Jahangir Azam Wazir, a local government administrator, was quoted as saying. On the whole, four soldiers, six militiamen and 38 militants died during the cross-border attacks in the Salarzai area of Bajaur on Friday and Saturday, Wazir said.

KHAR: At least 37 people, 31 of them militants and four Pakistan Army soldiers, including an officer, were killed and several others received injuries in fierce fighting between security forces and Afghanistan-based Pakistani militants in the mountainous Batwar area of Salarzai tehsil of Bajaur Agency on Monday.

Military authorities and tribal sources said heavy clashes between Pakistani security forces backed by the pro-government armed Lashkar and the militants continued for the fourth consecutive day.

Among the dead, two were members of the Salarzai Amn Lashkar, who have been fighting side by side with the security forces and had given a tough time to militants hiding in narrow valleys in the mountains in Salarzai tehsil near the Afghan border. According to sources, around 300 militants from Malakand and Bajaur tribal regions based in Afghanistan’s Kunar and Nuristan provinces had jointly launched the attack from their bases in Afghanistan on Salarzai tehsil in Bajaur Agency on August 23 and took control of six small villages near the Afghan border.

The government had sent additional contingents of security forces to the troubled areas where, tribal sources said, heavy clashes have been going on for the past four days. Besides ground forces, the military has been using gunship helicopters and long-range artillery guns for pounding suspected hideouts of the militants.

Bad weather was, however, hindering efforts of the military authorities to send gunship helicopters to the mountains to target positions of the militants. Sources said security forces were advancing to the border area where Afghanistan-based Pakistani militants with safe havens in Kunar had entered in large numbers to attack villages and security checkpoints three days ago.

Tribal and official sources said security forces and the Salarzai peace body members were facing stiff resistance from the battle-hardened militants in the mountainous Batwar area. Security forces were targeting the positions of the militants with heavy artillery guns, mortars and gunship helicopters.

Meanwhile, spokesman for the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Ihsanullah Ihsan in an email to media organisations claimed they had killed several Pakistani soldiers and members of the peace committee during the four days of fighting.

Meanwhile, spokesman for the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Ihsanullah Ihsan in an email to media organisations claimed they had killed several Pakistani soldiers and members of the peace committee during the four days of fighting.
why dont they track him down with the email and finish him?

i say fence the border. Pakistan will never ever see TTP militants from Afghanistan nor any foreign backing to BLA again.

i say fence the border. Pakistan will never ever see TTP militants from Afghanistan nor any foreign backing to BLA again.
Sir you don't nothing about that border that border is impossible to fence and also many of locals have relatives just with the border and secondly even those Taliban who support Pakistan don't accept this border and also it can't be fenced that is the most foolish idea the terrain and the weapons even locals have will result in destruction of fence even it is done some how in only one day

Sir you don't nothing about that border that border is impossible to fence and also many of locals have relatives just with the border and secondly even those Taliban who support Pakistan don't accept this border and also it can't be fenced that is the most foolish idea the terrain and the weapons even locals have will result in destruction of fence even it is done some how in only one day
who cares about people having relatives in one or other side? How many people have relatives on the 2 sides of the bordre? 10, 100, 1000 families? i am sure it wont be more than that. Nobody should put the wishes of a few hundered so called families over the wish of 180 million pakistanis and tens of milions of Afghans. I say fence the border, good for pakistan and good for us.

who cares about people having relatives in one or other side? How many people have relatives on the 2 sides of the bordre? 10, 100, 1000 families? i am sure it wont be more than that. Nobody should put the wishes of a few hundered so called families over the wish of 180 million pakistanis and tens of milions of Afghans. I say fence the border, good for pakistan and good for us.

I wonder why were the Afghanis & Karzai against the idea in the first place when we Pakistan floated this idea.

Fencing the border is a very costly affair and if Afghans want the same, then they have to play their role also.

Plus, fencing will not finish the problem, militants will overcome the issue.

Dude are you a Tajik, Turkmen, Uzbek, Kazakh, Hazara or plain old US thug?

From your posts, it's clear you're not a Pukhtoon. Stop spreading this BS* about 10,20,30 families, whole TRIBES of Pathans live on both side of the border.

And your silly logic of fencing the border and giving our lands to occupied minority of Northern Afghanistan, without a fight is ridiculous. It will happen either when hell freezes over, you non-ethnics have been sent back to your respective countries or :butcher:

Hadi simdi burdan git Uzbek pic!

I wonder why were the Afghanis & Karzai against the idea in the first place when we Pakistan floated this idea. Fencing the border is a very costly affair and if Afghans want the same, then they have to play their role also.

Plus, fencing will not finish the problem, militants will overcome the issue.
I honeslty dont understand it myself!!! I am with Pakistan in this one. Border management/fencing etc will solve many of our problems, at least we will stop pointing finger on each other.

Six soldiers dead as militants attack checkpost – The Express Tribune

PESHAWAR: At least six Pakistani soldiers were killed in clashes after militants attacked a checkpost in the country’s lawless tribal northwest on Wednesday, officials said.

Dozens of militants armed with rockets and grenades stormed the checkpost in Surang Baba Ziarat village, around 30 kilometres (20 miles) north of Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal district, a senior security official in Peshawar told AFP. Six soldiers have been confirmed killed in the clashes and seven injured, the official said, adding that the toll was likely to rise. Ten militants were killed, he said.

A second security official confirmed the militant death toll but said nine security personnel were killed.

http://app.com.pk/en_/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=206133

Radio Pakistan-

Bajour Agency: 31 militants killed in clashes with the security forces

Thirty-one militants have been killed in clashes with the security forces at Batwar area in Bajour Agency.

According to military sources‚ three security personal and two members of a local peace committee also embraced Shahadat.

Most of the area has been cleared off from the militants but the operation will continue to wipe-out militancy.

I honeslty dont understand it myself!!! I am with Pakistan in this one. Border management/fencing etc will solve many of our problems, at least we will stop pointing finger on each other.

Have you seen Kabul Express?

They are waiting for their guys to get back.

When is the question no one has the answer to.

Have you seen Kabul Express?

They are waiting for their guys to get back.

When is the question no one has the answer to.

That's the problem with you Indians, you see one measly poorly produced Indian movie about Afghanistan that had nothing to do with Afghanistan in reality and was actually banned in the country and all of a sudden you are experts on that country. Go and look up a map next time, at least it's better than a BS movie about Afghanistan that focuses on everything but it!

That's the problem with you Indians, you see one measly poorly produced Indian movie about Afghanistan that had nothing to do with Afghanistan in reality and was actually banned in the country and all of a sudden you are experts on that country. Go and look up a map next time, at least it's better than a BS movie about Afghanistan that focuses on everything but it!

Sir it was a nice movie. Very poignant ending I must say.

As the afsar tells the jawaan, Afghanistan mein koi Pakistani nahin hai. High command ne kaha hai.

Back
Top Bottom