What's new

Pakistani flags waved at Hurriyat's rally in Indian-held Kashmir

Shamain

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Aww kashmiris you are our babies. Hopefully we will free kashmir very soon, inshaALLAH. Its been so long now. Even pharaoh's rule was ended by Allah. When will this happen. (Mods im sorry if double thread, idint find such thread and i honestly i hate going in central asia affairs forum cuz indians do such verbal abuse):

Pakistani flags waved at Hurriyat's rally in Indian-held Kashmir - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Pakistani flags were waved by supporters of Kashmiri Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani at a rally that he addressed today in Tral area of Pulwama district of Indian-held Kashmir, after Friday prayers, NDTV has reported.

About 15 to 20 Pakistani flags were spotted at the rally. Mr Geelani, 85, is the chairman of the Hurriyat Conference. He returned recently to the valley after three months in Delhi.

National Conference leader Omar Abdullah this evening hit out at the BJP, an ally of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Indian-held Kashmir, for maintaining silence. "Imagine what @BJP4India would have said if as CM I'd been sitting in Bombay (Mumbai) surrounded by movie stars while Pak flags are waved in Kashmir," Abdullah wrote on Twitter.

The former chief minister was referring to the waving of Pakistani flags in Tral and Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed meeting Bollywood stars in Mumbai yesterday for promoting shooting of movies in the Valley.

Also read: Kashmiri leader waves Pakistani flag at rally in Srinagar

Another Hurriyat leader Masarat Alam was arrested last month after his supporters waved Pakistani flags and raised pro-Pakistan slogans at a rally in capital Srinagar that he had organised to welcome back Geelani, who is his ideological mentor.

Geelani was put under house arrest at that time to prevent him from leading a march to Tral, which was tense after the death of a young man in Army firing.

Amid nationwide outrage over Paksitani flags being waved at the Masarat Alam rally, the Centre had ordered the Jammu and Kashmir government, in which the ruling BJP partners the PDP, to take "immediate and stringent" action.

After his arrest, union home minister Rajnath Singh had said, "I want to assure the people of this nation that those involved in treason will not be spared."

Also read: Kashmir's chief minister calls waving of Pakistani flag 'unacceptable'

Masarat Alam has been booked under the Public Safety Act, which allows the state to keep him in jail for two years without trial.

He had been out of prison for about a month when he was arrested again. The 45-year-old, who spent five years in jail, is accused of organising stone-throwing protests in the Valley in 2010, during which more than 100 people died in police firing.

His release in February this year, days after the new government took oath in Kashmir, became a flashpoint in the alliance between the PDP and the BJP, which have struggled to bridge an ideological divide to govern Jammu and Kashmir together.

Aww kashmiris you are our babies. Hopefully we will free kashmir very soon, inshaALLAH. Its been so long now. Even pharaoh's rule was ended by Allah. When will this happen. (Mods im sorry if double thread, idint find such thread and i honestly i hate going in central asia affairs forum cuz indians do such verbal abuse):

Pakistani flags waved at Hurriyat's rally in Indian-held Kashmir - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Pakistani flags were waved by supporters of Kashmiri Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani at a rally that he addressed today in Tral area of Pulwama district of Indian-held Kashmir, after Friday prayers, NDTV has reported.

About 15 to 20 Pakistani flags were spotted at the rally. Mr Geelani, 85, is the chairman of the Hurriyat Conference. He returned recently to the valley after three months in Delhi.

National Conference leader Omar Abdullah this evening hit out at the BJP, an ally of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Indian-held Kashmir, for maintaining silence. "Imagine what @BJP4India would have said if as CM I'd been sitting in Bombay (Mumbai) surrounded by movie stars while Pak flags are waved in Kashmir," Abdullah wrote on Twitter.

The former chief minister was referring to the waving of Pakistani flags in Tral and Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed meeting Bollywood stars in Mumbai yesterday for promoting shooting of movies in the Valley.

Another Hurriyat leader Masarat Alam was arrested last month after his supporters waved Pakistani flags and raised pro-Pakistan slogans at a rally in capital Srinagar that he had organised to welcome back Geelani, who is his ideological mentor.

Geelani was put under house arrest at that time to prevent him from leading a march to Tral, which was tense after the death of a young man in Army firing.

Amid nationwide outrage over Paksitani flags being waved at the Masarat Alam rally, the Centre had ordered the Jammu and Kashmir government, in which the ruling BJP partners the PDP, to take "immediate and stringent" action.

After his arrest, union home minister Rajnath Singh had said, "I want to assure the people of this nation that those involved in treason will not be spared."

Also read: Kashmir's chief minister calls waving of Pakistani flag 'unacceptable'

Masarat Alam has been booked under the Public Safety Act, which allows the state to keep him in jail for two years without trial.

He had been out of prison for about a month when he was arrested again. The 45-year-old, who spent five years in jail, is accused of organising stone-throwing protests in the Valley in 2010, during which more than 100 people died in police firing.

His release in February this year, days after the new government took oath in Kashmir, became a flashpoint in the alliance between the PDP and the BJP, which have struggled to bridge an ideological divide to govern Jammu and Kashmir together.

I don't want Pakistani flags to be waived in Kashmiri rallies. It hurts their cause.

Moreover what if one of the "separatists" group waives Indian flags here in Pakistan.

How would we feel?

Remember those who live in glass houses.

I don't want Pakistani flags to be waived in Kashmiri rallies. It hurts their cause.

Moreover what if one of the "separatists" group waives Indian flags here in Pakistan.

How would we feel?

Yea i am a separatist from AJK. And i will wave indian flag . Khush. Sakoon agaya dil ko.

Oh meray bhai jaan.

I can't control which flag you waive. Mine was just an opinion.

Peace
Dude bahiiii you cant criticize waving of any any flag of world in kashmir Cuz nowhere in world kashmir IS ACKNOWLEDGED A PART OF INDIA ,IT IS CALLED A DISPUTED TERRITORY THAT HAS UNO RESOLUTIONS ON IT BUT PLZ COMMON SENSE IT ISNT ANYWHERE CONSIDERED INDIAN TERRITORY. PLZ AS A PAKISTANI EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THIS PARTICULAR NUANCE SO THAT U WONT MAKE SILLY MISTAKE OF CALLING KASHMIR INDIAS PART EVER AGAIN.ITS NOT. AND I AM NOT MAKING UP.

AND ALSO TO HOLD A PART OF YOUR COUNTRY U DONT DEPLOY 700,000 ARMY TROOPS.
FOR GOD'S SAKE FOR GOD'S SAKE LETS TALK LOGICALLY.
And hurting cause, 70 saal hogaey unkay saath zulm hotay, 16year old kid was killed 2 weeks back, abhi bhi hurt cause.
Aap plz chup ho jaeyin u are making me miserable.

Last edited:

How would we feel?

the only difference is - we share common bonds with Kashmiris and arent occupiers....we dont butcher them, throw them in unmarked mass graves

there's a reason why anti-indian sentiment is so deeply observed on both sides of LoC - no anti Pakistan movements in the meanwhile

Proud to see our national flag waved in Kashmir. Will see more and more of it

Dude bahiiii you cant criticize waving of any any flag of world in kashmir Cuz nowhere in world kashmir IS ACKNOWLEDGED A PART OF INDIA ,IT IS CALLED A DISPUTED TERRITORY THAT HAS UNO RESOLUTIONS ON IT BUT PLZ COMMON SENSE IT ISNT ANYWHERE CONSIDERED INDIAN TERRITORY. PLZ AS A PAKISTANI EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THIS PARTICULAR NUANCE SO THAT U WONT MAKE SILLY MISTAKE OF CALLING KASHMIR INDIAS PART EVER AGAIN.ITS NOT. AND I AM NOT MAKING UP.

AND ALSO TO HOLD A PART OF YOUR COUNTRY U DONT DEPLOY 700,000 ARMY TROOPS.
FOR GOD'S SAKE FOR GOD'S SAKE LETS TALK LOGICALLY.
And hurting cause, 70 saal hogaey unkay saath zulm hotay, 16year old kid was killed 2 weeks back, abhi bhi hurt cause.
Aap plz chup ho jaeyin u are making me miserable.

OK bhai jaan

the only difference is - we share common bonds with Kashmiris and arent occupiers....we dont butcher them, throw them in unmarked mass graves

there's a reason why anti-indian sentiment is so deeply observed on both sides of LoC - no anti Pakistan movements in the meanwhile

Proud to see our national flag waved in Kashmir. Will see more and more of it
OK. Just remember we have a long but wrong history of getting too excited to shoot our own foot when it comes to Indian Controlled Kashmir.

When India plays its hand, only then we in Pakistan say "oh my God" We should not have done this.

A name Ganga should come to your mind.

Kashmir will be liberated and Pakistan is the hope of Muslims who are oppressed weather in Jammu Kashmir or India or Palestine

I suppose waving flags has a nuisance value at most... I mean the point is to piss off the Indians...we can check mark that box!

But then why complain when they come down on you hard? Every action has a reaction..
Don't do the crime if you cant do the time....

Our flag was is and shall remain the symbol of Muslim resistance and revivalism.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of this and is simply a tactic to get Indian attention..

OK. Just remember we have a long but wrong history of getting too excited to shoot our own foot when it comes to Indian Controlled Kashmir.

When India plays its hand, only then we in Pakistan say "oh my God" We should not have done this.

A name Ganga should come to your mind.

LOL...are you referring to the name India as taken on by my country of birth?

Kashmir is part of Pakistan and Kashimiri people are Pakistani citizens, they have full right to waive their national flag. Your other example is totally wrong.

How would we feel?

Kashmir will be liberated and Pakistan is the hope of Muslims who are oppressed weather in Jammu Kashmir or India or Palestine

Hahahaha...it seems you've "drank the kool-aid" and most of it!

Kashmir is part of Pakistan and Kashimiri people are Pakistani citizens, they have full right to waive their national flag. Your other example is totally wrong.

Care to show us their passport?

Back
Top Bottom