What's new

Pakistani Fashion

I'm not a fan of fashion week. I find the idea of designers showcasing what is the "in" thing in clothes to be quite absurd actually. However,

Vsdoc, the designs might be "sad", however we should acknowledge that such events taking place is a sign of the presence of liberal sensibilities in Pakistan.

Where did this event take place? Lahore or Islamabad?

I'm not a fan of fashion week. I find the idea of designers showcasing what is the "in" thing in clothes to be quite absurd actually. However,

Vsdoc, the designs might be "sad", however we should acknowledge that such events taking place is a sign of the presence of liberal sensibilities in Pakistan.

Where did this event take place? Lahore or Islamabad?

Karachi. :smokin:

We must stop talking about kaamwali bais and Bollywood Jana ..... my wife may be logging in too ...... aur aaj kal din kharab hain! :)

Cheers, Doc

LOL, now i know why you wear glasses all the time! :rofl:

65793251341fed0a9b95f42a41fe9104.jpg

A model displaying a creation by Pakistani designer Fahad Hussain watches a screen backstage prior to her presentation at the Pakistan Fashion Week in Karachi, Pakistan, Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009.

816eb199cb3cf2851ccc35a784aa3932.jpg

Pakistani models wearing clothes from designer Samar Mehdi's collection prepare backstage during the first day of Fashion Pakistan Week on November 4, 2009 in Karachi, Pakistan. The four-day-long event will feature more than 30 Pakistani designers and will showcase the best of fashion in Pakistan.

d6c61e315e055612191578bd56183209.jpg

Pakistani models watch their colleagues on the catwalk via a television screen on November 4, 2009 in Karachi. Fashion Pakistan Week commenced today amidst security threats.

f871b7956e242e61e542bacf2b4cac79.jpg

A Pakistani model walks the catwalk during the first day of Fashion Pakistan Week on November 4, 2009, in Karachi, Pakistan.

028a2a78195f1f4da5187c4b02a894b1.jpg

Male fashion models, wearing creations by Pakistani designer Imbias, prepare to take the stage during Fashion Pakistan Week.

2bd2a80d91f09eb04bdba83663264b0c.jpg

Models sporting creations by Pakistani designer Ayesha await their turn to take the catwalk during Fashion Pakistan Week on November 4, 2009.

cd99e73af1e053f5dc0e5977e76a2c6f.jpg

A model presents a creation by Pakistani designers during the Pakistan Fashion Week in Karachi on Nov. 4, 2009. Organizers already postponed the event twice due to security fears and the threat of ongoing militant violence.

530c86345e2c464420e052c5310296d9.jpg

A model waits backstage moments before taking the catwalk during Fashion Pakistan Week in Karachi on November 4, 2009.

da98fb9fb75f937460f4428e7c28f61e.jpg

Pakistani model Iraj wearing an outfit from designer Fahad Hussayn walks out onto the catwalk.

:yahoo::yahoo:

great stuff ........but the models look as if they are from india, ;)

also pakistan needs foreign female models........ europeans preferably, only then can we see bolder designs;)

also international channels like FTV should be invited to cover the event:woot:
This event had a lot of international coverage... and they are all Pakistanis not Indian.

Actually a sub-message of this event was directly in opposition of the Taliban... Some artists dared them to stop it.

Of course the purpose of the show is Fashion and not the models :D The Pakistani fashion designers have major international appeal (major price tags too).

Nothing new in this show. far more bolder dress shows have been taking place in the past too so its just a misconception that it was the only kind of or started now.

On the other hand these dresses do not suit our traditions nor our weather :) so nothing progressive about throwing away your dress and to be more flashy.

These are mostly for export and for elite class here not for common folks.
Haha only these bare-skinned dresses got the media limelight. The show sported some more traditional dresses too.

Who wears these dresses anyway even in the west? They are just for celebrities to wear at these ultra popular red carpet events.

I can't imagine myself going out looking like this:

But I bet its worth more than my paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom