What's new

Pakistani Fashion

I have no problem with the live and let life philosophy,but the last time i check Pakistan was the Islamic nation ,in fact it was created as a independent nation where Muslims can live a life according to Islamic teaching nd values.so the only reason i replied to this thread bcuz its a <.pk> forum so i thought it was my responsibility to point out the real facts.
Secondly Pakistanis do find it quite offensive in fact we hv a very conservative society nd if you bother to check our < social nd cultural laws > u will clearly see these things are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in our Pakistani law. but implementing these laws in to action is a completely a different thing ,bcuz unfortunately people lik u hv now become our leaders nd with no supervising nd no implementing of laws, our elite controlled media has become extra liberal .and also showing half naked pics of our women doesn't shows the talented side of Pakistan.the point im trying to make is that if we want to liv in our country then we should respect our laws nd Thazib. infact i hv no prob with Fashion Industry -we just need to stay with in the limits of our culture nd thazib. nd there re some limits we should not cross -
in other words a fare balance between Modernism nd Modesty.
i hope u can understand me !

What laws are you talking about tell me which one states modelling is illegal in pakistan ? and who is gonna decide their limits you ? This thing is subjective people have different limits just coz you think something is immoral doesn't mean everyone else does -don't force your views on others some girls may only go as far as wearing salwar kameez while some are willing to wear a mini-skirt it depends on the person you just need to accept it if you don't like it don't watch theres plenty of islamic channels for you to see.
These girls know what they have to wear and agree to it they are not forced into it so they decide themselves whats within their limits or not otherwise they could turn it down.
I am nothing like the leaders of pakistan but from my point of view sadly we have too many people like you becoming our leaders people with a holier than thou attitude and who use islam as an excuse to interfere in people's lives also you need to stop making assumptions just coz pakistan is an islamic republic does not mean everyone in pakistan is muslim nor is every muslim practising .
Anyway this has been discussed to death this is not a culture or morality debate but for only showbiz /fashion related stuff please try to stay on topic.

no religious arguments please - this is probably one of the very few threads which has 1730 posts and still clean from Religious discussions.

@ Alice

i do respect your opinion my brother and you are right in your PoV. But this is 21st century in the end. We have models in Pakistan who are now famous worldwide. Our showbiz business is growing rapidly and these models are doing this job with honour. I respect your sentiments but by closing your eyes the truth does not change :cry:

So let it run as it is and if you want to be a practicing Muslim - Thats best but the majority of the world is no longer like that :cry: (i wish i was like you)

i hope we don't discuss about religion in this thread - thank you

Last edited:
tooba8.jpg

tooba28.jpg

tooba14.jpg

tooba9.jpg

Its not abt religion or abt being a practicing Muslim ,its abt RESPECTING who we are i dont mean islam here as a mazhab ,but as a source of our laws nd values .@ Mr.Khanz ! yes ,wearing mini-skirts and bikini in Pakistan is illegal ,go do ur research first mr.nd the idea that if u dont want to see then close it,uknow i would hv no prob wid this ideology if it was an American forum bcuz i know that they hv different laws then us.but here ure violating the law nt me .to make it more easy to understand 4 u go ask why Pakistan was created in a first place ? so the women can wear mini-skirts freely ? i think u know the answer ur self nd if u need more clarification go read Bang-a-Dara by Allama Iqbal it tells u the actual reason behind the creation of Pakistan by its creator. if u re not following Pakistani laws nd nt respecting our values then u hv no right to post these kind of content in a .pk tld.period - u can do anything u want anywhere else as long as they re corresponding to their laws -
Secondly ,@Zaki i do know that we lives in a 21 century nd im nt sayin that we should go back to a 16 century Utopian lifestyle .we need to utilized the resources that 21century has provided us, magar hamay sirf us to apni thalimat jasia ba-na na ha. remember this > Zamana hum sa ha Hum zamana sa nahi ? ,kia farq parta ha bhai ,ka magrib wala hamara bara ma kia kahay-gha ,hum aun ka ghulam thori ha ,humay kisi kism ka complex ka shikar nahi ho na chahi-ya.humya apna lie kthara hona sikna ha .aur zamana jaisa buna-ka vija-a hama zamana to apna jaisa banaha - just lik the Iqbals vision of Pakistan.
- ka hum na modersim ko modesty ka libas phana na ha -

Its not abt religion or abt being a practicing Muslim ,its abt RESPECTING who we are i dont mean islam here as a mazhab ,but as a source of our laws nd values .@ Mr.Khanz ! yes ,wearing mini-skirts and bikini in Pakistan is illegal ,go do ur research first mr.nd the idea that if u dont want to see then close it,uknow i would hv no prob wid this ideology if it was an American forum bcuz i know that they hv different laws then us.but here ure violating the law nt me .to make it more easy to understand 4 u go ask why Pakistan was created in a first place ? so the women can wear mini-skirts freely ? i think u know the answer ur self nd if u need more clarification go read Bang-a-Dara by Allama Iqbal it tells u the actual reason behind the creation of Pakistan by its creator. if u re not following Pakistani laws nd nt respecting our values then u hv no right to post these kind of content in a .pk tld.period - u can do anything u want anywhere else as long as they re corresponding to their laws -
Secondly ,@Zaki i do know that we lives in a 21 century nd im nt sayin that we should go back to a 16 century Utopian lifestyle .we need to utilized the resources that 21century has provided us, magar hamay sirf us to apni thalimat jasia ba-na na ha. remember this > Zamana hum sa ha Hum zamana sa nahi ? ,kia farq parta ha bhai ,ka magrib wala hamara bara ma kia kahay-gha ,hum aun ka ghulam thori ha ,humay kisi kism ka complex ka shikar nahi ho na chahi-ya.humya apna lie kthara hona sikna ha .aur zamana jaisa buna-ka vija-a hama zamana to apna jaisa banaha - just lik the Iqbals vision of Pakistan.

I asked you before tell me which pakistani law states modelling is illegal ? if it is why it all happens openly with courts of government having no problem and these people's are popular and well known in pakistan and they all appear in the mainstream media with no problem by anyone.This was not made to disrespect pakistani culture i'm sorry you see it that way with an evil eye instead of through a positive view and appreciating pakistani girls beauty which is what it is .
Me nor any of these people are not hurting anyone so let it go if you think its against your values then ignore this topic but don't come and derail it ruining it for the rest of us it's one of the most popular threads in the section and stickied by mods so i think most people don't mind.
This is pakistani forum not an islamic one we are not breaking any rules and as i said before pakistan has it's own celebrities and fashion/showbiz scene just like anywhere else so nothing in wrong in having a thread for those who are interested to show and discuss it.I'll ask you politely again to please stay on topic.

I am amazed at your limited argument, since when did wearing a bikini or mini skirt become illegal in Pakistan, I am shocked to see that you are writing something that is just too difficult to comprehend. Who is the state to decide what a woman can wear or what a she can't wear.

Pakistani laws do no prohibit you from doing anything to tell you the truth, if that were the case, there would not be any bombings, rape and other such attrocities that are causing us much harm. Rather than condeming the violence in our streets you are debating what a few of girls are wearing in Pakistan.

Pakistan was created as a state for Muslims, not based on Islamic Nationalism but rather a place where Muslims can live with many other religious minorities. If one them decided to wear a skirt, it is not the duty of the government to force her to do something that she does not abide by.

Your argument is very weak and offensive because you are generalising and insulting all of us with what you have writen. Ou fashion industry employs many people, it is very vital for our image, economy and development. If we leave this, what else will we have, you have a choice to do what you want and express yourself but you are also free to ignore what you do not like.

If you do not like this, do not click on this thread. The picturres we posted are of Pakistanis and if we do not show them here, who else will.

Please do not start a religious debate here, private message me or others to argue with them and leave this thread alone. Aks the mods for explanation and they can provide you with a reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom