What's new

Pakistani doctor jailed for Treason - helping a foreign intelligence agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view he was put in jailed not because of treason but because of killing an important ally of Pakistan which was Osama Bin Laden.

Osama was an important ALLY of Pakistan ? :rofl: Just like the Mujahideen in the war against Soviets right when suddenly the terrorist became " the moral equivalent of the founding fathers of US " right ? :azn:

If you believe we were helping him , declare the Pakistani ambassador " persona non grata " , end diplomatic relations , cease all co operation , learn to fight your own war , sanction us and stop begging to open supply routes ! Actually , my nation would be very thankful who doesn't want to fight any longer ... Even the Americans aren't sure if Taliban are their enemies or not ! :azn:

**** with the importance of Pakistan in the Afghan scenario at your own peril ...

Let us put the shoe on the other foot. What would happen to a US citizen who, under some circumstances, collaborated with, say Russian intelligence, in killing a dissident Chechen who was living in the US and wearing a ''different hat''

this US citizen was promised in exchange for his ''services'' a monetary reward and some other incentive from the foreign entity...

American might say, ''that would be different because Putin is a bad guy, while Americans are defending the world from terrorism, authoritarian government, and male dominance.''

As Madeline Albright put it, “We’re Americans; we see farther.”

Unfortunately, farsighted people cannot see very clearly what is close at hand, and all Obama and his band of marxist twits are strutting and boasting about human rights and democracy, all these talks of “truth, justice, and the American way” turn out to be hollow platitudes concocted to disguise the naked reality of an 'empire' that rests on the ability to project force to every country on every continent around the globe.

to go back to my example, we already know what would happen to that US citizen.....he'd not be much better off than Pvt. Manning who is facing the fury of Washington over his contribution to wiki-leaks.

A good analogy, but I don't even think it's necessary. Anyone who is in denial that this guy deserved to be punished will remain in denial. To them, US is holier than thou. It's OK for US to go into other countries and start ****, but of course no one should do similar "offense" against US. I've already seen the responses to this news and most people outside the West and Bharat understand this. For bharatis though, Bharat + some western countries = the whole world.

In my view he was put in jailed not because of treason but because of killing an important ally of Pakistan which was Osama Bin Laden. If I was Pakistan that was protecting Osama I definitely be mad. Especially those who helped killed him. And the Pro-Taliban and Al Qaeda populace.

:lol:

facepalm4cr.jpg

Uh huh.. and who do you call conspiracy theorist again? Care taking a look in the mirror?

A good analogy, but I don't even think it's necessary. Anyone who is in denial that this guy deserved to be punished will remain in denial. To them, US is holier than thou. It's OK for US to go into other countries and start ****, but of course no one should do similar "offense" against US.

Indeed , these guys are hilarious asking to give him Nobel prize , international recognition , human rights award , ready to workship him as " god " and hell bent on proving him a hero ! I would have seen the comments of Indians if the same thing happened in their country ...

I thought ISI knew about the operation and assisted america to kill Osama... this means pakistan had no clue

Lol... Dr went hero to jailbait just for a few $$...!

Shyt served COLD.

It's OK for US to go into other countries and start ****, but of course no one should do similar "offense" against US.

moral-equivalents-of-americas-founding-fathers.jpg

Red Leader to US public - SON , YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

The fact that so many Indians and Solomon come on here and argue the ridiculous shows how morally bankrupt they are.

No country in the world treats it traitors differently to what Pakistan has done.

I mean have you ever heard anything so ridiculous a citizen sees a criminal and informs not the police but another country's agencies and assists in humiliating his nation where he was born that has fed him educated him etc and we are expected by some posters here to put flowers around him.

Why are they asking for this better treatment of Pakistani traitors?? Could it be that they want this to encourage others to do the same and undermine Pakistan?

Next they are going to want us to reward terrorists provided they were only killing Pakistanis

In the meantime, his punishment will be used to further deteriorate Pakistan's already battered image in the international media.

I think you might be catching on to bharatis' mentality. Bharat + some western states is not the whole world. Please get that through your head. Other countries such as those in East Asia, Middle East, South America, Eastern Europe etc probably don't care about this news or support it.

And on top of that, a country must never seek other states' approval or the citizens of those states approval when it comes to national interests.

Your emotional outburst doesn't stand water on legal grounds. Tell your establishment to fight this case in SC of Pakistan.

Click the " Reply with Quote " link , only when you have an idea of what you are talking about ...

Because on legal grounds , treason is a crime but it is optimistic to the point of foolishness to hope your lot to understand it ...

My establishment is doing good , thank you ...

What about Pollard?? The Americans had no issue with jailing a citizen for life who betrayed them to Israel their closest ally

Do you have comprehension problem. You are an ally on WOT which means killing OBL. You can not breach your contract.

Treason ? For giving blood sample of an unknown person back (CIA can not compromise information that they need DNA of OBL or his rabbits breeding illegally in Pakistan) to an organization he is working for ?

Do you have comprehension problem. You are an ally on WOT which means killing OBL. You can not breach your contract.

Treason ? For giving blood sample of an unknown person back (CIA can not compromise information that they need DNA of OBL or his rabbits breeding illegally in Pakistan) to an organization he is working for ?

You're born with a brain for a reason. Please try to use it for once. You, as a human, are capable of higher reasoning than chimps. What I am reading from you; I can't tell whether you're a human or a chimp.

Killing OBL has nothing to do with implementing the laws of Pakistan that do not distinguish between the nature of any covert collaboration (knowingly) by a Citizen of Pakistan with a foreign intelligence agency.

There is no 'breach of contract' here. Pakistan assisted in the hunt for OBL by arresting hundreds of AQ leaders and members (especially KSM) and providing intelligence (such as the phone number of the courier) which allowed the US to track down OBL.
The specifics of the cooperation Afridi extended do not have any bearing on his sentence - so long as he knowingly collaborated with a foreign intelligence agency without Pakistani authorization, he committed a crime, treason.

Aryan does not have a comprehension problem, you and the others who are unable to make the above distinctions do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom