What's new

Pakistani Desi Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be a patriotic Pakistani unless you believe in two nation theory and the Islamic ideology of Pakistan.

I have NEVER come across a patriotic Pakistani who was a secularist. At least not outside this forum.

Secularists don't believe in two nation theory. They think creation of Pakistan was a mistake. They think that the partition violence was religious frenzy and not sacrifices for Pakistan (eg Hasan Nisar).

In 1971 ONLY the Islamists supported the Pak Army and in fact even fought for Pakistan. Because they believed in the Islamic ideology of Pakistan.

When PA surrendered in Dacca the Jamaat e Islami smashed the TV screens in West Pakistani streets so no one would watch the surrender.

Its Islamist Zia ul Haq and his JI/Deobandi allies' who added patriotic material into Pakistan Studies textbook which also inculcated love for Pak Army in the hearts of Pakistani children.

They also enforced two nation theory and ideology of Pakistan so that we could be confident on our country's foundation. Secularists consider all that to be hate material and want it removed.

All those who hate the Pak Army, at least from what I have seen after years and years of reading, are secularists. Those who love them have always been Islamists.

MQM, Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz and ANP and other regionalist parties as well as all other secularists/liberals hate Pak Army and think of it as a genocidal, evil army. Islamist Orya Maqbool Jan and Co regularly defend the Pak Army's actions in 1971. Secularists do not. In their opinion Pakistan breaking up is no big loss. And that Pak Army are rapists etc.

And just another point. Maududi, the same man who had once opposed creation of Pakistan, started the Bangladesh Namanzur Movement when all the secular parties had accepted Bangladesh as a separate country. If that doesn't show you that Pakistani patriotism is an Islamist's vitrue I don't know what will.
delusional mullahs and their tactics to keep us in the dark from the facts of the world.that's all i can extract from your rant.breaking other people's property forcing fake history through pak studies.showing some countries as evil just because they have other beliefs killing of ahmedi minority on the streets of pakistan.forcing religion where it is not needed like in physics chemistry and biology books just so they can influence us. thanks to the internet they are failing now you can see the pain in their behinds.give it a generation and inshallah they will lose whatever grip the have left on our society.

This is the only place where I have seen secularists loving Pakistan. In ALL other blogs and forums and on Facebook and newspaper articles I only see the conservatives and Islamists defending Pakistan. This forum is the SOLE exception.

Compare Nawai Waqt with Dawn and Express Tribune. You will see what I mean.
because mods here promote free speech unlike other forum where you will get permanent ban moment you say whats on your mind hence they have only conservatives there.
about your nawai waqat point its like saying nothing bad is happening in our country because ptv is no reporting it

CqHsXEgW8AA0CIn.jpg:large

Cp7EcSfWEAAfI_8.jpg:large
Bhensa is pro MQM page run by an Islam and Army hater aj kal full chawal mode mein hay

Btw in Kashmir the only groups and people who favour Kashmir's merger with Pakistan are Islamists such as Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Asiya Andrabi.

The secularists there want independent Kashmir, not accession to Pakistan.

Because the secularists have no value for ideology of Pakistan.

As I said, not outside this forum.

This is the only place where I have seen secularists loving Pakistan. In ALL other blogs and forums and on Facebook and newspaper articles I only see the conservatives and Islamists defending Pakistan. This forum is the SOLE exception.

Compare Nawai Waqt with Dawn and Express Tribune. You will see what I mean.
Because in real life you can be killed dor your views :-(
Yahin par Taseer mara gaya tha

/r/AllHailFatherImranJesusNiazi
Never knew IK was a Catholic (´◉◉`;)

How in the world being secular is like being anti-Pakistan/militarily etc ?

I myself is secular and wants religion to stay out of state affairs just because politics maligns religion.This doesn't mean I believe in the definition of secularism by Late Hamid Gul. Either the topic starter has twisted understanding of 'secularism' or Hamid Gul was really dumb.

In short,
I am secular/liberal etc
I love Pakistani militarily
I firmly endorse Pak-China nexus
I back Pakistan as nuclear nation strongly
I don't want Taliban or Saudia style conservative Pakistani society
also I love Chicken Biryani ;)
and last but not the least, I hate India and Afghanistan:pakistan:

Many thanks!

How in the world being secular is like being anti-Pakistan/militarily etc ?

I myself is secular and wants religion to stay out of state affairs just because politics maligns religion.This doesn't mean I believe in the definition of secularism by Late Hamid Gul. Either the topic starter has twisted understanding of 'secularism' or Hamid Gul was really dumb.

In short,
I am secular/liberal etc
I love Pakistani militarily
I firmly endorse Pak-China nexus
I back Pakistan as nuclear nation strongly
I don't want Taliban or Saudia style conservative Pakistani society
also I love Chicken Biryani ;)
and last but not the least, I hate India and Afghanistan:pakistan:

Many thanks!
it is anti pakistan because it is anti mullah.anything that frees pakistan from clutches of mullah is anti pakistan.

I am a free thinking liberal, not an undignified "sell-out" who you refer to as "liberal".

Yep,

Actually Mullahism = Talibanism = anti-Pakistanism
bro before internet and free media they had the power to influence the masses and thrive on it.but now ignorance is fading away with every passing day and you can see that they are feeling the heat and talibans are also not helping their public image so give it one generation and you will see how they will be extinct from pakistan.

I believe in the two-nation theory despite being "liberal".

The Indian subcontinent was too big to handle, wreaking with "Hindu nationalism" and "Muslim nationalism". Religious nationalism is always wrong, and if any sort of nationalism is better, it is secular nationalism.

India is still riddled with "Hindu nationalism" today that creates communal violence/tensions, but gives it the guise of secularism.

I am all for Pakistan becoming a secular nation, respecting the rights of all citizens regardless of religion, race.

what if an atheist think leave the past and we have to move ahead ? two nation theory in not in action today its been 70 years now. we born in Pakistan we are Pakistani and we love our country .its ours now . lets make Pakistan a developed modern powerful democratic nation ?

How can any person who loves Pakistan bear hearing about our country's birth in negative terms? I want powerful and prosperous Pakistan too. But without our founding ideology we won't have any izzat. Islam mein hamari izzat hai. Hazrat Umar (ra) said that if Muslims stick to Islam they will have izzat and if they go far from Islam they will lose their izzat.

delusional mullahs and their tactics to keep us in the dark from the facts of the world.that's all i can extract from your rant.breaking other people's property forcing fake history through pak studies.showing some countries as evil just because they have other beliefs killing of ahmedi minority on the streets of pakistan.forcing religion where it is not needed like in physics chemistry and biology books just so they can influence us. thanks to the internet they are failing now you can see the pain in their behinds.give it a generation and inshallah they will lose whatever grip the have left on our society.

Yes molvis have mistakes. No one except Hazrat Muhammad (saw) was perfect.

Btw that thing you call 'fake' history is OUR patriotic interpretation of history. Its true if seen from our lens and understanding and false if seen from Hindu/secular perspective.

because mods here promote free speech unlike other forum where you will get permanent ban moment you say whats on your mind hence they have only conservatives there.
about your nawai waqat point its like saying nothing bad is happening in our country because ptv is no reporting it

What? Read comments on ET, Dawn etc. the secularists have NO patriotism. Only Islamists defend Pakistan. If the other forums don't have fre speech then why can Islamists defend Pakistan there?

Go on FB and read the comments of ordinary Pakistanis on wide variety of issues. You will understand.

Islamist love for Pakistan Army-Example
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2011/12/20111218144038400100.html

Secularist hate for Pakistan Army-Example
http://tribune.com.pk/story/488993/targeting-hindu-girls-for-rape/

How can any person who loves Pakistan bear hearing about our country's birth in negative terms? I want powerful and prosperous Pakistan too. But without our founding ideology we won't have any izzat. Islam mein hamari izzat hai. Hazrat Umar (ra) said that if Muslims stick to Islam they will have izzat and if they go far from Islam they will lose their izzat.

Yes molvis have mistakes. No one except Hazrat Muhammad (saw) was perfect.

Btw that thing you call 'fake' history is OUR patriotic interpretation of history. Its true if seen from our lens and understanding and false if seen from Hindu/secular perspective.

What? Read comments on ET, Dawn etc. the secularists have NO patriotism. Only Islamists defend Pakistan. If the other forums don't have fre speech then why can Islamists defend Pakistan there?

Go on FB and read the comments of ordinary Pakistanis on wide variety of issues. You will understand.

There are secularists here that staunchly defend Pakistan. Why generalize?

Islamists also brainwash individuals to carry out terrorist activities all over the country.

There are secularists here that staunchly defend Pakistan. Why generalize?

Islamists also brainwash individuals to carry out terrorist activities all over the country.

Such Islamists are in a minority.

On the othe hand the MAJORITY of secularists are anti-Pak and anti-PA

Another example

Islamist love for Pak Army:

Secularist hate for Pak Army:

There are endless examples

Islamists defending Pak Army from 1971 genocide/rape allegations:

Secularists accusing Pak Army of genocide:

No. Because their conservative mindset is too much for me. :D
whats wrong with Pune ! nice city. food is not good ( very generic !) though and they always try to compare their city with Bangalore !

Such Islamists are in a minority.

On the othe hand the MAJORITY of secularists are anti-Pak and anti-PA

Another example

Islamist love for Pak Army:

Secularist hate for Pak Army:

There are endless examples

Islamists defending Pak Army from 1971 genocide/rape allegations:

Secularists accusing Pak Army of genocide:

What statistical evidence do you have that such Islamists are in minority?

Most of the terrorist violence we have seen in this country is religiously motivated.

Do you know that non-Muslims and "secularists" also fought in the Pakistan Army in the 1965 and 1971 wars?

Islamists love their perverted versions of Islam, not the Army or the country. That is their only loyalty, they have none towards the state or the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom