What's new

Pakistani Desi Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quickest most cost effective solution to bleeding heart liberals on both sides is to make them live on the other side for a year.

The problem will be solved pretty expeditiously.

I don't even want to live in Pune. Forget about being sent to Pakistan.

Desi Liberal? What about Desi Arabs? More Arabs then Arabs.:lol:

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes, we have plenty of them in the UK as well. I've never seen such a confused people. I remember one telling me during my Haj not to wear Shalwar Kameez. I asked why and he said "because they will think you are Pakistani, and putting those clothes on they will treat you like dirt, wear the thoab instead."
I never put on my Kameez quicker and sure enough I got the funny looks.
Also don't get me even started on those shisha places, populated by young Pakistani boys and girls.

You're right some of us want to secularise Pakistani society, guilty as charged. This should only worry you if you're idea of Pakistani identity and nationhood is so fragile that you cannot fathom its existence without a homogeneous religious identity for it to attach itself to. Even I'm not for a total decoupling of religion and the state yet, Pakistan is not ready for it, the Islamic republic can remain and not be a hindrance to progress if done correctly.

On the other three points, I only wish to 'demilitarise' Pakistan's politics, the role of the military in any country is subordinate to civilian rule and to complement it where need be, transgressions into political power, military expeditions into the domain of civilian authority I don't support. Other than that, the military's capacity to defend the nation isn't something any of us are against, just look at the character of the forum, even that's enough to know this fact.

As for denuclearising of Pakistan, I don't support that, flat out. In an ideal world, we'd not have any nuclear weapons, nor would our enemies, or neutrals or anyone. But so in an ideal world would war not exist, alas, the real world requires the nuclear deterrent to be maintained by the military.

And the point on China, what evidence it is you have that liberals would see worsening relations between China and Pakistan? I'm not sure if this assertion is yours about liberals or only Hamid Gul's about enemies in general, but I personally support our relations with China, more than most, and I understand the relations fairly well too. If anything I'd suspect co-operations with China to be largely the same, if not even more convenient given the liberal agenda. Again, if this was indeed your assertion, why not give us some argument as to why liberals would do this?

Is that the reason why everyday we came across a column (Written by Liberals) How Pakistan Army is eating 90% Budget and Pakistani Nukes are Sole cause of every probelm in Pakistan..
And even most of anti-Pakistan and Anti PA propaganda comes from your liberal Beradri i.e Asma Jahangir,Marvi Sarmad etc.
there are 100s of websites & FB pages run by liberals and they are promoting indian propaganda and their version of history 24/7.

If this is your idea of liberal, or the target of your criticism, fine, have at them. Just don't put other sane and patriotic liberals in the same group as them.

I don't even want to live in Pune. Forget about being sent to Pakistan.

I'm no bleeding heart liberal. Diametric opposite with healthy robust disdain in fact.

But I'd love to have lived in Calcutta in the old days. Don't know about now.

I'm no bleeding heart liberal. Diametric opposite with healthy robust disdain in fact.

But I'd love to have lived in Calcutta in the old days. Don't know about now.

You'd have fitted in like a p***k in a condom. There was a certain minuscule community that had a rip-roaring time there in those days, including the czar of a steel plant and his bevy of young men, the son of that czar's former boss running the biggest truck plant in India like an absolute monarch, the wonderfully moustached major who was stipendiary steward of the Royal - I could go on all day. The streets were washed at 6 in the morning those days. Isaiah's and the Olympia Bar were humming, the shippies thick all over Free School Street and points north, Pam Crane sang in Trinca's and Usha Iyer and her tight saris had not yet appeared to shock festive eggs back into regretful sobriety.

You'd have liked it all right.

Last edited:
On topic, for the OP, and others who agree with him and his idealist recipe.

Sounds a lot like what you want the Pakistan of your fantasy to be is a homogeneous Muslim dominant India.

That could never be. For in every way the two are polar opposites.

I'd expect Modi to strut around in a jaali wali topi first, to put things into perspective.

Cheers.

You'd have fitted in like a p***k in a condom. There was a certain minuscule community that had a rip-roaring time there in those days, including the czar of a steel plant and his bevy of young men, the son of that czar's former boss running the biggest truck plant in India like an absolute monarch, the wonderfully moustached major who was stipendiary steward of the Royal - I could go on all day. The streets were washed at 6 in the morning those days.

I used to visit 4-5 times a year. Mainly during the racing season. Loved the place. And the food. Nothing more surreal than to see a full on Han Chinese shoe maker abuse his cobblers in colorful Bengali.

On topic, for the OP, and others who agree with him and his idealist recipe.

Sounds a lot like what you want the Pakistan of your fantasy to be is a homogeneous Muslim dominant India.

That could never be. For in every way the two are polar opposites.

I'd expect Modi to strut around in a jaali wali topi first, to put things into perspective.

Cheers.

I used to visit 4-5 times a year. Mainly during the racing season. Loved the place. And the food. Nothing more surreal than to see a full on Han Chinese shoe maker abuse his cobblers in colorful Bengali.

I'm guessing Tangra would not have come up in those days. As a food hub, I mean.

Desi liberal is a strange creature...so I came up with a relation (no offence to anyone)

Desi Liberal = (Take a liberal from west) - (sincerity, courage, honesty, rationality, education, intelect) + (self hate, islamophobia, anti-Pakistanism)

You got a desi liberal ready to roll out and spread its stink :enjoy:

Last edited:
I'm guessing Tangra would not have come up in those days. As a food hub, I mean.

If Tangra = what miniscule community called China Town, then yes, it would be bustling at 6 in the morning. Chinese ladies squatting on the sidewalks in front of steaming woks with a medley of aromas in the air. Our regular breakfast walk for mom and me to where we used to stay in Bow Bazaar.

The shoe maker was in the heritage 300 year old market place Victorian building where you would get the colorful hard boiled cane candy in various shapes. Another favorite. And Flurys pattices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom