What's new

Pakistani delegation in Iran to boost trade - Pakhtunkhwa and Fars

Rostam

Reaction score
Pakistani delegation in Iran to boost trade between Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fars

pirhayati20130216215511587.jpg

Members of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) and the Shiraz Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Mines (SCCIM) attend a ceremony in Peshawar in November 2012. (file photo)

A Pakistani business delegation is in Iran to explore new avenues for trade cooperation between Pakistan’s northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the southern Iranian province of Fars.

The 14-member delegation, led by the vice president of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI), Zubair Ali, left Islamabad for Shiraz on Friday, the English-language daily newspaper The Pakistan Observer reported.

During their stay, the Pakistani businessmen are scheduled to meet and hold talks with officials from the Shiraz Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Mines (SCCIM) and Iranian industrialists and merchants.

They will also visit a number of industrial sites in Fars province and sign agreements on the promotion of trade and investment.

In November 2012, the FPCCI and the SCCIM inked agreements to enhance cooperation in the exchange of business delegations, the organization of trade exhibitions, the implementation of hydropower projects, and the construction of slaughterhouses and in efforts to boost the two provinces’ tourism, agricultural, oil, gas, and mining sectors.

PressTV - Pakistani delegation in Iran to boost trade between Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fars

Trade with Iran is going well as well as barter, IP pipeline will help improve relation further!

It is shame that Pakistani traders have to take Dubai route..... Islamabad - Tehran, need to start direct flights.

Good step, we Must have good relations with all of our Neighbors even with Afghanistan, but only after the Americans leave

It is shame that Pakistani traders have to take Dubai route..... Islamabad - Tehran, need to start direct flights.

Why cannot you start bus service between Pakistan and Iran like that exist between India and Pakistan? Is it not feasible economically? With the bus service, even ordinary people can avail it...

Why cannot you start bus service between Pakistan and Iran like that exist between India and Pakistan? Is it not feasible economically? With the bus service, even ordinary people can avail it...

it is there bro. It is there.

Remember Iran is concentrated on its West, while Pakistan is concentrated on its Eastern side. So not much travel via bus.

Air travel through gulf is logical choice because it is cheapest. Not just Pak-iran travel, but also Pak-China travel, or Pak-EU travel. etc etc etc etc

Since you have been told......... we also have daily flights to Indian... not limited to trucks and buses, very stupid though.
Any way its all newly introduced on strong request of Indian govt.

I'm not in favour of bus service to Iran.. its too risky for the passengers, the road is close to Afghan border and insecure.
Flights are convenient and fast and can bring more than trade delegation to Tehran... I hope your govt. have no problems with that!!

Now my question, why you don't start flights the same way you run flights to indian?
I heard there are more than 50 weekly flights between India and Iran?

Trade with Iran is going well as well as barter, IP pipeline will help improve relation further!

Did we sign the deal on Feb 15th?

Dawn shows we are still "negotiating"

Pakistan seeks to renegotiate Iran gas price | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

and Iran is saying we can't sell at the rate Pakistan is asking. So it is a NO GO!

Pakistani posters on PDF again got duped by the cunning politicians both in Iran and Pakistan.

Iran will not sell gas to Pakistan at discount rate: oil minister - Tehran Times

On Line: 17 February 2013 15:28
In Print: Monday 18 February 2013

TEHRAN – Iranian Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi has announced that the country will not supply Pakistan natural gas at a discount price.

He made the announcement on Sunday, two days after the Pakistani government asked Iran to reduce the price of the gas to be delivered by the Iran-Pakistan pipeline under the price renegotiation clause of the bilateral sales and purchase agreement to bring it at par with the rates agreed with Turkmenistan, the Mehr News Agency reported.

The gas transfer contract with Pakistan has been finalized, he said, adding that Iran is committed to its contractual obligations.

On Friday, the Pakistani prime minister’s adviser on petroleum, Asim Hussain, said that Iran has to reduce gas prices and come down to the TAPI (Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline) rate. The TAPI pipeline is a proposal for a project.

He confirmed that Iran’s Tadbir Energy and Pakistan’s Interstate Gas Company have not yet been able to sign an agreement for the construction of Pakistan’s 781-kilometer section of the Iran-Pakistan pipeline by the Iranian firm because discussions required further consultations. “The agreement will be signed before February 27,” Hussain said.

Iran plans to invest $500 million to extend financial and technical assistance for laying the Pakistan section of the gas pipeline between the two countries.

The Iranian government will provide a loan of $250 million to Pakistan and another $250 million will be arranged through Iranian commercial banks for engineering, procurement, and construction works on the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline.

Pakistan is scrambling to secure funds for the pipeline project amid U.S. opposition in the wake of the sanctions imposed on Iran over its nuclear program.

According to a plan that has been proposed, Pakistani and Iranian companies would form a joint venture to lay the pipeline.

Earlier, China and Russia had committed to financing the pipeline if they were awarded construction contracts without bidding, but no progress could be made on that proposal, apparently due to U.S. opposition.

MG/HG

Since you have been told......... we also have daily flights to Indian... not limited to trucks and buses, very stupid though.

I'm not in favour of bus service to Iran.. its too risky for the passengers, the road is close to Afghan border and insecure.
Flights are convenient and fast and can bring more than trade delegation to Tehran... I hope your govt. have no problems with that!!

Now my question, why you don't start flights the same way you run flights to indian?

bus bombing in pakistan : :frown:

4447866-3x2-700x467.jpg

Unfortunately, rumours are that Indian consulate in Zahedan is behind Balochistan terrorism.

Remember Iran is concentrated on its West, while Pakistan is concentrated on its Eastern side. So not much travel via bus.

Air travel through gulf is logical choice because it is cheapest. Not just Pak-iran travel, but also Pak-China travel, or Pak-EU travel. etc etc etc etc

Direct flights between Pakistan & Iran are much cheaper but there are only two in a week 1) between Lahore-Mashahd which is not suitable for businessmen and one between Tehran & Karachi

^^^ please batman bro!

Let's not turn this thread into Pak-Ind mud-wrestling.

I sure hope Kanishka bro doesn't reply to this.

Thank you

Unfortunately, rumours are that Indian consulate in Zahedan is behind Balochistan terrorism.

Even i was surprised to know that Pakistan does not have flight with Iran...If Pakistan can have weekly flight to India then why not Iran. They are your another neighour too? My question for bus service because...Bus service are cheap and ordinary bussinessman and people can travel with Bus rather than flight....

^^^ please batman bro!

Let's not turn this thread into Pak-Ind mud-wrestling.

I sure hope Kanishka bro doesn't reply to this.

Thank you

You are one of the very few people with whom i respect in PDF....Donot worry...i would like to positive thread to continue ...

Its true. Even Mahan Air ( Iranian carrier ) operates direct flights to Tehran 5 days a week. Besides Mahan Air, the rest are Indian carriers which provide direct flight.

8448566248_2d5edf97e1_h.jpg

Shaheen Air goes to Mashad and now they are going to start flights to Zahedan. Still other carriers such as PIA and AirBlue need to step up.

You are correct. Iran is concentrated more on it's western side, whereas Pakistan is concentrated on it's eastern. I think we need to add flights to Tehran and Isfahan.

Back
Top Bottom