What's new

Pakistani defence industrial base better than ours: Indian Army Vice Chief Lt. Gen. Sarath Chand

...from raw materials....seriously???. Just like Patanjali products made by Ramdev, using organic materials including lot of Cow produce and waste too...being modest here.
1. Haha.. The SU-30MKI is fully manufacture from raw material now? Then how come India is still targeting specific components for localization?

Presently. HAL is manufacturing the aircraft from the raw material phase and till date has produced 150 aircraft. HAL has manufactured approximately 43,000 components in airframe and 6,300 components for engines. Twenty six special technologies have also been absorbed and mastered. With this, 70 per cent components are now made in India by HAL with 100 per cent technology absorption as per the contract in airframe and engine.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-working-on-defence-needs-114060800498_1.html

3. If the SU-30MKI was locally produced from "raw materials" in India, why can't India upgrade them? Did they shut down their military complex after production?

Because the upgrade involves several Russian subsystems such as N036 Byelka AESA for replacing the present BARS radar or AL 41F-1S replacing the present AL 31 FP. These will also be produced in India along with Indian developed components such as the EW suite, mission computer, radar computer etc.

We have already structurally upgraded the Su 30 MKI for carrying Brahmos, if you hadn't forgotten.

brahmos-on-su-30-mki.jpg

2. How come India has to sign another agreement for spare parts delivery and after sales service from Russia if they were manufacturing the SU-30 in India?

There are contractual obligations about sourcing the spares directly from the OEMs, as a part of the Su 30 MKI deal.

Just searched the net, AL 31 FP turbofan is all Russian...

I was misled into believing Su 30 MKI, AL 31 FP turbofan manufactured locally in India, which proved a falsehood and not true after some research...chances of naming any product which is made elsewhere as 'made in India' is clear and present there in India...can't help it.

Really ? So it is not made in India ? prove it !!!

official HAL press release...

The Division presently has state of the art facilities for manufacturing 4th generation aero engines, which include, Robotized TIG Welding (Manned Chamber Welding), Electron Beam Welding, Detonation Coating, Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP), Isothermal Forming, Cold Rolling of Blades, Ion Nitriding, Alphatization and a battery of CNC machining centers. The Division has also mastered critical technologies for manufacturing Single Crystal Blades and Directionally Solidified Blade castings.

http://hal-india.com/Air Chief Calls/ND__85

ahem...

zToAuja.jpg

assembly line at HAL Koraput.

Kora-1.jpg

Last edited:
This man also said India carried out a Surgical Strike...

And?

The term surgical strike is used to denote specific targeted strikes. That were carried out as claimed. So? It has happened earlier also, subsequently also, only difference was a first in political ownership.

Did not get your point here.

A caste based society where human beings are not equal and not treated as equal cannot be termed as functional democracy....democracy is not about selecting and electing persons through elections based on divisive, caste and creed based politics. It is about equality of human beings...are they equal in India???

About Diversity in India...

It means if there are high caste, and low cast Dalits treated as sub human, it should be called 'diversity', in India. Daily 3 Dalits are killed in India according to reports, many Muslims are killed, so it is Diversity in India...since not only Dalits but Muslims, Sikhs, Christians are also killed, so much diversity in India.

Check the discrepancies in have not and rich people, India ranks 2nd in the world as most unequal country in Income distribution in the world...so much diversity in India, we have marginalized, very poor to extra poor people, only 3% of the population are high income people....check the diversity in India.

And since India is so diverse, not only young children are molested and raped but middle aged to old aged people are raped and killed daily, we treat them as equal...look at the diversity/equality in India, nowhere to be found.

so what you call 'diversity' is actually 'adversity' in India.

Says the guy without looking into the mirror:

http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/rep...mmunal-violence-pakistan-160614110134028.html

http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/studies/PDF-FILES/Moonis Ahmar-1.pdf

Post on topic and stop off topic rants.

@gslv mk3 Majority are simple trolls. In the internet age, one merely needs to google to realise that Su-30 MKI has been steadily indigenised as the ecosystem came about (this includes the avionics not being sourced from Russia) and is valued at 51% in terms of value and 73% in terms of components being used.

Why are you wasting your time?

And?

The term surgical strike is used to denote specific targeted strikes. That were carried out as claimed. So? It has happened earlier also, subsequently also, only difference was a first in political ownership.

Did not get your point here.

Says the guy without looking into the mirror:

http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/rep...mmunal-violence-pakistan-160614110134028.html

http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/studies/PDF-FILES/Moonis Ahmar-1.pdf

Post on topic and stop off topic rants.

@gslv mk3 Majority are simple trolls. In the internet age, one merely needs to google to realise that Su-30 MKI has been steadily indigenised as the ecosystem came about (this includes the avionics not being sourced from Russia) and is valued at 51% in terms of value and 73% in terms of components being used.

Why are you wasting your time?

Why are you quoting my post which is addressed to another guy known for his senile and juvenile posts...no need to quote and reply me.

As of trolls... this is another childish comment, a Pakistani commenting on PDF is a troll and Indian who has nothing doing here and just jumps into the fray is not a troll...such erudite and prudent words from you.

Last edited:
Why are you quoting my post which is addressed to another guy known for his senile and juvenile posts...no need to quote and reply me.

As of trolls... this is another childish comment, a Pakistani commenting on PDF is a troll and Indians who has nothing doing here and just jumps into the fray is not a troll...such erudite and prudent words from you.

Henceforth declare your conversation as Private. Last I checked, PDF was an open forum. You were quoted to tell you not to derail the thread.

As for trolls, it does indeed strike as childish when the fact is that there is tons of trolling going on. Were you diligent enough to check your facts? I am merely telling the member @gslv mk3 to not waste his time.

I am pretty sure that you can appreciate the fact that I have been around here enough to be able to identify and pin point what a troll on PDF is. As for the remainder of your post, I was tagged here and replied only to the point where I found a sensible response can be elicited.

As for my erudition and prudence, the proclivity towards the same is an inherent trait. However, that is for personal consumption only :)

Cheers.

You were quoted to tell you not to derail the thread.

Check my earlier posts right from the beginning, they were relevant enough and had the content required, that particular post was meant for that guy @Turingsage, check his post below. I was replying to him and an equal rebuttal was needed...you are a stranger here to jump into the fray.

"He is a patriot and he certainly is not the first or last to critique Defence manufacturing in India. My own post from a week ago is far far far more critical. We are Indians not pakistani sheep brainwashed since birth to regard defence matters as more sacred than god. We dont fear disappearing with our families never to be heard from, and NEVER reported about, never spoken of into that dark void.
We are the worlds largest democracy, a free press bigger than anywhere in the world and in more languages than anywhere else. We are a shouty obstreperous argumentative outrageously diverse multi-religious multi-linguistic opinionated people.
The last great hope of mankind.
Someone mentioned corruption. Yes thats true as well as its true for developing countries."

Last edited:
Do you have any comprehension issue?

'We can export but then we will have a MIC '.
Means that kind of exports only happens when you have a surplus capability after satisfying all requirements of Indian Forces which is already several times higher than Pakistan's entire MIC .
Our requirements are very high .
your requirements are so high and you MIC so complex that you
1. cannot produce a rifle that your military wil accept
2. cannot make a plane that your airforce and navy will accept.
3. cannot make a tank that your army will accept
4. cannot make enough ammunition.
5. your MIC makes it even more likely that your armed forces will import everything

and ofcourse as you said a country fulfils its own needs before exporting. Pakistan has enough Ammo to keep you people at bay as well as Afghanistan in the north whilst fighting terrorist.
enjoy your day

HAL has 20 production & 11 R&D centers. That's the one of the two units for Aero engine production in India.
and yet when they repair migs they fall out of the sky
and they build migs they fall out of the sky
they cannot design or develop anything because they are constantly trying to reinvent the wheel not realising a wheel can only be round.
HAL is just a waste of money and has no respect even in india let alone abroad

1. cannot produce a rifle that your military wil accept
2. cannot make a plane that your airforce and navy will accept.
3. cannot make a tank that your army will accept
4. cannot make enough ammunition.

1. already done with several examples our own design & license production.
2. again, already done with several examples our own design & license production
3. Where do you think T-90s were produced ?
4. Again, really ?

and yet when they repair migs they fall out of the sky
and they build migs they fall out of the sky

I don't reply to BS posts.

Presently. HAL is manufacturing the aircraft from the raw material phase and till date has produced 150 aircraft. HAL has manufactured approximately 43,000 components in airframe and 6,300 components for engines. Twenty six special technologies have also been absorbed and mastered. With this, 70 per cent components are now made in India by HAL with 100 per cent technology absorption as per the contract in airframe and engine.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-working-on-defence-needs-114060800498_1.html

Because the upgrade involves several Russian subsystems such as N036 Byelka AESA for replacing the present BARS radar or AL 41F-1S replacing the present AL 31 FP. These will also be produced in India along with Indian developed components such as the EW suite, mission computer, radar computer etc.

We have already structurally upgraded the Su 30 MKI for carrying Brahmos, if you hadn't forgotten.

brahmos-on-su-30-mki.jpg

There are contractual obligations about sourcing the spares directly from the OEMs, as a part of the Su 30 MKI deal.

Really ? So it is not made in India ? prove it !!!

official HAL press release...

The Division presently has state of the art facilities for manufacturing 4th generation aero engines, which include, Robotized TIG Welding (Manned Chamber Welding), Electron Beam Welding, Detonation Coating, Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP), Isothermal Forming, Cold Rolling of Blades, Ion Nitriding, Alphatization and a battery of CNC machining centers. The Division has also mastered critical technologies for manufacturing Single Crystal Blades and Directionally Solidified Blade castings.

http://hal-india.com/Air Chief Calls/ND__85

ahem...

zToAuja.jpg

assembly line at HAL Koraput.

Kora-1.jpg
my God that's one messy bench. infact its one messy place. PAC is not like this. this is why india throws money but its men of brains cant do a simple thing right

1. already done with several examples our own design & license production.
2. again, already done with several examples our own design & license production
3. Where do you think T-90s were produced ?
4. Again, really ?

I don't reply to BS posts.
you know you have been saying that all day yet you keep reading and replying to my posts. addictive arnt they?
I guess I have a pet money called GSLV mk3 ....my monkey needs a brain....any spares anyone

Back
Top Bottom