What's new

Pakistani corner

come on trust me :angel: you said you were sorry, now where is the trust :devil:

giphy[1].gif

:tongue:

So did you have the Pizza or not ? :azn:

Hunza people are cuter than most pashtuns
bc7[3].png

Stop flattering me.

Whassuuup #heading to Karachi (sometime soon)
Good, enjoy your stay.

I agree. I would also like to note that we have badly handled nationalists-ethnic nationalists. Ghaus Bux Bizenjo, Bacha Khan, GM Syed-even people who are not anti pakistan like baba jan... all these people have suffered in jail for various periods of time. The logic of the center has been to jail anyone who talks about rights. This policy began as early as Ayub Khan's tenure when he closed the borders for no reason even though most of us migrants had moved. My own family moved much later. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto launched a needless operation in Balochistan and jailed GM Syed while at the same time oppressing Bengalis which culminated in the break up of Pakistan. His exact words were "Ï will break the legs of Bengalis who vote.
This logic is out of my understanding, and to this of it, you know as a Pakistani it embarrasses you. Very sad indeed. You will see many patriots, even though they have been jailed many times, they will not talk agaisnt the state but for more autonomy. I don't understand as to why this law is applied.
I do not know as much about GB than I do about Pakhtunkhwa and the division of the tribes as I have studied the region intensely for my book and have an intention to merge as a pashtun but I can see the same colonial (British oppressive) policies being peddled onto the local people. GB was not even a province till recently.
Read this: Territorial limits
Both posts, long but very informative and for starters eye opening.

@Abu Zolfiqar sir ihad read somewhere on the forum by some poster that u were/are pak army officer and suffered combat injury. I hope u are doing fine now, but my purpose of writing was to thank u for all u did and do for us. Proud of you. Thanks. God bless u.

@Gufi jahan apki awaz sunanay walay log na hon aur apki takleef samajhnay walay bhi nai,wahan bol kay apni energy kabhi zaya nahi karnee chaheeay.

I love Kebabs. Last weekend I had invited my research group at the beach and I cooked, besides other things (you can see biryani and fish), Kebab. The one you see at 6 o clock in the picture are called 'seekh kabab', made be specially marinated minced meat and grilled on natural wood charcoal. I am sure you have something similar in Turkish cuisine for most of the meat dishes we have either come from Turks (Mughals) or Persians.
''At its simplest, Pakistani cooking today consists of staple foods that are cheap and abundant. Wheat and other flour products is the mainstay of the diet, one familiar form being 'Chapati', unleavened bread akin to Mexican tortilla. This is made with dough prepared from whole-wheat flour.
Spices like chilli powder, turmeric, garlic, paprika, black pepper, red pepper, cumin seed, bay leaf, coriander, cardamom, cloves etc are used extensively in Pakistani cooking.
The blending of the Central Asian 'Kebab' cuisine and indigenous Sub-continental spices led to the evolution of the great 'Mughal' cuisine centered in Lahore. This cuisine is now becoming internationally popular under names like Tandoori, Karahi and Mughlai.
Some traditional dishes of Mughal cuisine, which remain popular even today, are 'Tandoori', or oven (tandoor) cooked chicken, wide variety of Kebabs, Tikkas, and Murgh Musallam. For festive occasions, rice is cooked with meat and spices either as 'Biryani' or 'Pulao'.
Among desserts, 'Shai Tukra' is one of the most popular. It is made of sliced bread, milk, cream, sugar and saffron and is often sprinkled with pistachio. Also available in Pakistan is a bewildering variety of 'Mithai' like 'Rasgulla', 'Gulab Jaman', and 'Barfi' etc. made from milk, sugar, flour and often deep fried as well as halwas made from cereals, fruits and vegetables.
It is worth remembering that this style of cooking is traditional among all echelons of the Pakistani society especially on festive occasions.'' Madam Nuzhat Niaz, Spouse of Ambassador of Pakistan

@syedali73 that's from the book, I've mentioned you about and hopefully, I am going to cook Nargasi Kofta :enjoy:
Let's see...

Back
Top Bottom