What's new

Pakistani corner

The article is pretty shoddy, to be honest.

90% of all the income/benefits generated by CPEC will be indirect instead of direct. The direct benefits would be the construction of roads, power-generation projects and industrial zones of which the first two, in GB's context, will be immense! I'll explain this in a bit. The indirect benefits will be the resulting demand of services generated by the trade; dry-ports, logistics services, trade fees, etc, etc. In case of GB there would be another massive benefit which is the opening up of the Chinese market, in particular, and the world, in general, for the goods produced locally, as is mentioned in the article. This will not only allow the locals to sell their produce for a lot more profit but will also incubate the existing cottage industry there and will lay the seeds for a small to medium specialized industrial base (gems, gems, gems!). Large scale industrialization of GB is near impossible given the sheer costs of bringing in the raw materials, it's economics 101. So realistically, we cannot hope for the government to establish any large industrial zones in the region à la KPK, Sindh, Balochistan or Punjab.

The three most major issues in GB's economic prosperity are 1) Accessibility, 2) Accessibility and 3) Accessibility. CPEC will provide exactly that. Until the WOT, the regions economy has overwhelmingly relied on tourism, that too when only a fraction of its true potential was being exploited. The simple fact of the KKH being expanded and maintained as a true highway added to the increase in stability in the country will bring tons of tourism to the region. The turn around in Hushe Valley's economic situation after the construction of a measly jeep track is a very good case study of what miracles tourism can bring. Tourism can also ravage the areas like it has in Naran after the road was built in 2005-2007, however the onus of that is completely on the locals depending on how they decide to manage it.

As far as the energy projects are concerned I believe the Basha Dam is the largest energy project planned under CPEC. The fact of the matter is that until now Pakistan had no money to build it. Our attempts of getting IMF, the World Bank and the ADB funding for it have resulted in not due to the disputed nature of the region. Given the beyond urgent nature of our energy needs/deficit we were only left with the option of importing coal power plants. It is stupid to suggest that we should have waited 10 more years for the dams to be built while our economy crippled under the exponentially increasing energy deficit. The import of electricity from Tajikistan is not Pakistan's idea. The IMF has been trying to muscle us into it since at least 10 years, Pakistan has been trying to avoid it.

Every thing said under the "Demographic shift" subheading is just ludicrous.....How is the land going to be swallowed by the investors? Given the fact that only locals can own land in the region, the investors will be subservient to the locals! Apart from the fact that the injection of "rich investors" will create vocational opportunities much better than the sub-optimal agriculture and livestock rearing in practice there. Also, the local investors will be much better poised to compete with foreign investors since the locals are tax-exempt while the non-locals and foreigners will be paying hefty amounts of it, I can't even explain how gargantuous-ly beneficial this will be for the locals. Even the massively rich non-local investors will eventually have to enter patronage agreements with the locals, something like that in the Middle East. The locals will be earning money just by being born there. What is this author even talking about?

In short, just by the virtue of the trade route passing through the region, GB will automatically gain immense economic benefits.

Last but not least, that mountain in the picture is NOT Nangaprabat........ :angry:

@Anchan , stop giving all the balme to the center or Punjab. What has the leadership of GB done in last 67 years, have they ever raised concerns of GB to the center? they have done nothing, blame yourself before blaming others. We are to blame for not raising our concerns properly, and we still aren't. What is the legislative assembly doing? are they not our representatives? stop blaming others.
And id on't want to see you trolling anymore, i will be much harsh on you compared to others. GB will benefit the most after Balochistan as far as CPEC is concerned. CPEC will bring direct investment to GB and is already. More on how it will be good for locals GB, understand how SEZ will benefit GB, read it and understand it as to how CPEC will benefit CPEC.
China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: A boon for the economy, a bane for locals - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@krash ...

@EAK ,@Talwar e Pakistan ,i have given him a reply. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Not to mention the fact that every thing in GB is government subsidized, that too when the whole region is exempt from taxes. Where provincially generated funds are available to invest in the other provinces GB is left solely dependant on direct federal investment which itself has a plethora of issues surrounding it, I won't go into those right now. Last time I checked, fuel would cost 5 times more (given the transportation costs) than it does right now had the government not subsidized it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what would be the result of removing just this single subsidy. Could the centre have done more? Of course, lots more. However, given Pakistan's crummy political and economic history it would have required massive economic incentives. Praise the Heavens, the Chinese have provided the incentive to finally change the future of the region.

ps: I would've loved to answer @Anchan's post point by point.

Last edited:
90% of all the income/benefits generated by CPEC will be indirect instead of direct. The direct benefits would be the construction of roads, power-generation projects and industrial zones of which the first two, in GB's context, will be immense! I'll explain this in a bit. The indirect benefits will be the resulting demand of services generated by the trade; dry-ports, logistics services, trade fees, etc, etc. In case of GB there would be another massive benefit which is the opening up of the Chinese market, in particular, and the world, in general, for the goods produced locally, as is mentioned in the article. This will not only allow the locals to sell their produce for a lot more profit but will also incubate the existing cottage industry there and will lay the seeds for a small to medium specialized industrial base (gems, gems, gems!). Large scale industrialization of GB is near impossible given the sheer costs of bringing in the raw materials, it's economics 101. So realistically, we cannot hope for the government to establish any large industrial zones in the region à la KPK, Sindh, Balochistan or Punjab.
Well analysed, GB has a lot for the Chinese to import. Fruits, dry fruits, local products, etc,etc..Tourism industry alone can be more than enough.
The import of electricity from Tajikistan is not Pakistan's idea. The IMF has been trying to muscle us into it since at least 10 years, Pakistan has been trying to avoid it.
I have read Pakistan does border with Tajikistan, if not can we not deal with the Afghans-considering it will open a new route for us and that it will develop Ghizer and surrounding areas. Lalik Jans mizer was the only reason a proper road was made from Gilgit to Ghizer and onward by Musharraf. (Lalik Jan was also from Yasin:-))

Not to mention the fact that every thing in GB is government subsidized, that too when the whole region is exempt from taxes. Where provincially generated funds are available to invest in the other provinces GB is left solely dependant on direct federal investment which itself has a plethora of issues surrounding it, I won't go into those right now. Last time I checked, fuel would cost 5 times more (given the transportation costs) than it does right now had the government not subsidized it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what would be the result of removing just this single subsidy. Could the centre have done more? Of course, lots more. However, given Pakistan's crummy political and economic history it would have required massive economic incentives. Praise the Heavens, the Chinese have provided the incentive to finally change the future of the region.
As soon as constitutional status is given, along with NA seats sebsidy should be removed ASAP. GB should be given same autonomy as any province, what do you make of it?

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1456841457.573765.jpg

Aur yeh Hal hai Humara. :p :D

@Zibago @DesertFox97 @The Eagle @MaarKhoor @Shamain

Lanat is not a abuse but a curse
Meaning of Curse

Lanat or Laa'an, the word العن literally means in English 'anathematize' (.ie: a ban or curse solemnly pronounced by ecclesiastical authority and accompanied by excommunication; this is the closest meaning in English) or more commonly 'curse'.

When someone makes the dua of Lanat upon a person, they are essentially asking Allah (swt) to withdraw His mercy from that person/people and give them punishment for their evil actions.

Holy Quran and Lanat

Quranic Verses can be divided into four parts.

1. Curse on Iblis.

وَّ اِنَّ عَلَيْكَ اللَّعْنَةَ اِلٰى يَوْمِ الدِّيْنِ
‘And surely on you is curse until the Day of Judgment.’
(Surah Hijr,15:35)

وَّ اِنَّ عَلَيْكَ لَعْنَتِىْٓ اِلٰى يَوْمِ الدِّيْنِ`
‘And surely My curse is on you until the Day of Judgment.’
(Surah Suad,38:78)

Allah has cursed Iblis. (i.e. He has made him far from His Mercy.) When Iblis was cursed, he said to Allah, ‘I will certainly have a special share from Your servants.’

2. Curse on the Disbelievers.

a) General Curse

اِنَّ اللهَ لَعَنَ الْكَافِرِيْنَ وَ اَعَدَّ لَهُمْ سَعِيْرًا
‘Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire’
(Surah Ahzab, 33: 64)

اِنَّ الَّذِيْنَ كَفَرُوْا وَمَاتُوْا وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ اُولَآئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةٌ اللهِ وَالْمَلَآئَكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ اَجْمَعِيْنَ
‘Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all.’
(Surah Baqarah, 2: 161)

وَعَدَ اللهُ الْمُنَافِقِيْنَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْكُفَّارَ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِيْنَ فِيْهَا، هِىَ حَسْبُهُمْ، وَ لَعَنَهُمُ اللهُ، وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّقِيْمٌ
‘Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them. And Allah has cursed them and they shall have a lasting punishment.’
(Surah Tauba, 9:68)

b) Those who turned to disbelief after believing

كَيْفَ يَهْدِى اللهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوْا بَعْدَ اِيْمَانِهِمْ وَ شَهِدُوْآ اَنَّ الرَّسُوْلَ حَقٌّ وَّ جَآئَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ، وَاللهُ لاَ يَهْدِىْ الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِيْنَ. اُولٰۤئِكَ جَزَآوٴُهُمْ اَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ اللهِ وَالْمَلَآئِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ اَجْمَعِيْنَ.
‘How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their believing and (after) they had borne witness that the Apostle was true and clear arguments had come to them; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. (As for) these, their reward is that upon them is the curse of Allah and the angels and of men, all together.’
(Surah Ale Imran, 3:86-87)

Last edited:

Baat to sach ha ......... Magar baat ha ruswai ki...... though not a abusive word but used in connection of cursed. Rest about top word by Pakistanis and their subjects, Salam ha ji balkay afreen ha... Afsos.... Mor ki tarha agar khud k pao dekhain to ro parhain par doosro se fursat nahi .... khud ko ham theek kar lain ,... sab theek ho jaye gaa...

Ka'ba Kis mouh se jao ge Ghalib........

Salam is kaum ko, goes to show how easy it is to mislead the masses.

Aur Islam Kehta hai Kisi ko Lanat nahi do. Brother MaarKhoor put few examples in his reply.
Jab tak aaj yeh generation mature nahi ho gi trust me we will keep bearing such governments.

Baat to sach ha ......... Magar baat ha ruswai ki...... though not a abusive word but used in connection of cursed. Rest about top word by Pakistanis and their subjects, Salam ha ji balkay afreen ha... Afsos.... Mor ki tarha agar khud k pao dekhain to ro parhain par doosro se fursat nahi .... khud ko ham theek kar lain ,... sab theek ho jaye gaa...

Ka'ba Kis mouh se jao ge Ghalib........

Developed countries main criticism bhi manners main Hota hai.
Hum Buht kharab ho chuke hain.

That sayings of Ghalib is perfect here.

Aur Islam Kehta hai Kisi ko Lanat nahi do. Brother MaarKhoor put few examples in his reply.
Jab tak aaj yeh generation mature nahi ho gi trust me we will keep bearing such governments.
Half of the retards protesting would not even know the crime of Salman taseer. I wonder if all of them pray 5 times a day. Education is not enough for this nation.

Lanat is not a abuse but a curse
Meaning of Curse

Lanat or Laa'an, the word العن literally means in English 'anathematize' (.ie: a ban or curse solemnly pronounced by ecclesiastical authority and accompanied by excommunication; this is the closest meaning in English) or more commonly 'curse'.

When someone makes the dua of Lanat upon a person, they are essentially asking Allah (swt) to withdraw His mercy from that person/people and give them punishment for their evil actions.

Holy Quran and Lanat

Quranic Verses can be divided into four parts.

1. Curse on Iblis.

وَّ اِنَّ عَلَيْكَ اللَّعْنَةَ اِلٰى يَوْمِ الدِّيْنِ
‘And surely on you is curse until the Day of Judgment.’
(Surah Hijr,15:35)

وَّ اِنَّ عَلَيْكَ لَعْنَتِىْٓ اِلٰى يَوْمِ الدِّيْنِ`
‘And surely My curse is on you until the Day of Judgment.’
(Surah Suad,38:78)

Allah has cursed Iblis. (i.e. He has made him far from His Mercy.) When Iblis was cursed, he said to Allah, ‘I will certainly have a special share from Your servants.’

2. Curse on the Disbelievers.

a) General Curse

اِنَّ اللهَ لَعَنَ الْكَافِرِيْنَ وَ اَعَدَّ لَهُمْ سَعِيْرًا
‘Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire’
(Surah Ahzab, 33: 64)

اِنَّ الَّذِيْنَ كَفَرُوْا وَمَاتُوْا وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ اُولَآئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةٌ اللهِ وَالْمَلَآئَكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ اَجْمَعِيْنَ
‘Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all.’
(Surah Baqarah, 2: 161)

وَعَدَ اللهُ الْمُنَافِقِيْنَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْكُفَّارَ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِيْنَ فِيْهَا، هِىَ حَسْبُهُمْ، وَ لَعَنَهُمُ اللهُ، وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّقِيْمٌ
‘Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them. And Allah has cursed them and they shall have a lasting punishment.’
(Surah Tauba, 9:68)

b) Those who turned to disbelief after believing

كَيْفَ يَهْدِى اللهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوْا بَعْدَ اِيْمَانِهِمْ وَ شَهِدُوْآ اَنَّ الرَّسُوْلَ حَقٌّ وَّ جَآئَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ، وَاللهُ لاَ يَهْدِىْ الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِيْنَ. اُولٰۤئِكَ جَزَآوٴُهُمْ اَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ اللهِ وَالْمَلَآئِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ اَجْمَعِيْنَ.
‘How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their believing and (after) they had borne witness that the Apostle was true and clear arguments had come to them; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. (As for) these, their reward is that upon them is the curse of Allah and the angels and of men, all together.’
(Surah Ale Imran, 3:86-87)

And if I talk about the distance we have today from Quran and Islam people here believe I'm brainwashed and also after living in USA I got no right to say it all. :/

Half of the retards protesting would not even know the crime of Salman taseer. I wonder if all of them pray 5 times a day. Education is not enough for this nation.

This is the same nation which changed their dp(s) to rainbow color on passing of a law in USA which totally contradict the teachings of Islam and half of or even more than half had no idea what is it all about.

There's a saying Na, latoon Ke bhoot baton Se nahi mante.

This is the same nation which changed their dp(s) to rainbow color on passing of a law in USA which totally contradict the teachings of Islam and half of or even more than half had no idea what is it all about.

There's a saying Na, latoon Ke bhoot baton Se nahi mante.
I asked some people who were not happy with the decision regarding the crime of Salman Taseer, they had no idea, like literally. Mullahs can easily mislead the masses in this country. Shows our failure in a big way. Pathetic.

Developed countries main criticism bhi manners main Hota hai.
Hum Buht kharab ho chuke hain.

That sayings of Ghalib is perfect here.

Any Aalim or well respected Islamic Cleric supporting Qadri protest? except political parties in the name of Islam.

Back
Top Bottom