What's new

Pakistani corner

Everybody wanting to discuss this topic should read the Hamood-ur-Rahman Commission Report first.
I find it amusing when people tend to think PA did nothing, it's role was not unethical or so and so....We made mistakes, people should try to understand that. That does not change the fact that our enemies had a key role in it. People also forget most of the massacre was done by Mukti Bani, not to forget how pro-Pakistan elements were targeted. Report was kept secret unfortunately by Bhutto, some parts of it were made public, rest were censored later released by Musharraf. Every Pakistani should read it, we should at least learn from our mistakes.

Thanks mate -- I did know that lots of Emirati's spoke Urdu, but never knew that they'd understand finer details of it! :D

@Hyperion You'd be surprised at the number of Emaraties who speak Urdu and Farsi, more than English. Being a trading town knowing a second language was only natural, besides my parents studied at Karachi University, and speak perfect Urdu. During colonial times i.e. pre-1971, and up to the late '80s, KU was a very popular destination.

You'd be surprised to know that ever major big family from Dubai, used to have houses in Karachi up to the '90s, then the law and order situation just went down the drain.

(Sorry for the harsh language)

A year to APS and we have learnt nothing!
National action plan, whatever happened to it? reforms, whatever happened to them? Army is conducting an operation, it is in a state of war, army is playing it's part; we can't expect the army to be doing all the heavy lifting. Army does not make policies, when are these f**** politicians going to wake up and start thinking about this country, was APS not big an incident for these parasites to wake up. One year to APS and here in Karachi, provincial government is refusing to extend special powers given to Rangers, and are busy saving a potential financier and facilitator of terrorists(who were conducting a successful operation). Do these politicians have no f**** souls? No judicial reforms, prosecution is weak, what the heck is happening. Promises and promises....Just the thought of children being targeted ruthlessly, may god bless us.
#neverforget
@WebMaster ,@Irfan Baloch ,@Slav Defence ,@Color_Less_Sky ,@Gufi ,@balixd ......

And what about people who elect these politicians, who kill each other for these scumbags, people who worship these bastards like Gods? It is understood that nothing good is going to come out of these politicians but what about Pakistanis? Do you think they have changed? Forget about if they have changed just tell me if you feel they are willing to change? Do you think Pakistanis are sincere and they really really want corruption free law abiding society? No they don't Pakistanis are a curse and bad omen for Pakistan.

Well whatever man I give a damn now my only hope is May ALLAH save Pakistan from Pakistanis.

We must commend @Indus Falcon, who took up the issue of Pakistani illegal funds & Asset in the UAE, with a very senior UAE govt. official on a personal level. The reply was that a unilateral action cannot be initiated unless there is an official request from the Pakistani Govt. is made.

Maybe he can post some more details here.
UAE is a safe haven for these corrupt chors, i don't expect much action being taken.
Well whatever man I give a damn now my only hope is May ALLAH save Pakistan from Pakistanis.
People like you and me need to do something. Farishtey akey sub kuch thek too nahe kar dein gay. We need to do something.

We must commend @Indus Falcon, who took up the issue of Pakistani illegal funds & Asset in the UAE, with a very senior UAE govt. official on a personal level. The reply was that a unilateral action cannot be initiated unless there is an official request from the Pakistani Govt. is made.

Maybe he can post some more details here.
Dubai is wonderful City / State with very wise and dedicated leadership but unfortunately Pakistan is far behind in sense of leadership but thank God we have God gifted military leadership may some day we got rid of these politicians. @Indus Falcon should expose corrupt person on social media (be careful) to make their supporters know the real face of their leadership. Unfortunately many corrupt and criminal misusing Dubai soft visa policy to take refuge.

I find it amusing when people tend to think PA did nothing, it's role was not unethical or so and so....We made mistakes, people should try to understand that. That does not change the fact that our enemies had a key role in it. People also forget most of the massacre was done by Mukti Bani, not to forget how pro-Pakistan elements were targeted. Report was kept secret unfortunately by Bhutto, some parts of it were made public, rest were censored later released by Musharraf. Every Pakistani should read it, we should at least learn from our mistakes.

There is no reason why the report should not be released now, nearly half a century later.

That sounds a lot like my father. Alas, I never truly understood it! From this day onwards, I declare you an honorary Pakistan, and decree that the camel label be expunged from your title! :D

@Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch, we can bash @Khafee from this day onwards as a Pakistani...... :p:

When I was a teenager, my father used to discuss "Shikwa & Jawab e Shikwa" with me. He knew it by heart, and was in love with Allama Iqbal's poetry.

There is no reason why the report should not be released now, nearly half a century later.
It has been released:
Google
Some parts were made sensitive, later released by Musharraf. Bhutto should have court martial-ed the accused military personals and hang them, they brought disgrace to us(note: report made by us, not an international report). Bangladeshis to this date hate us for not doing anything.

It has been released:
Google
Some parts were made sensitive, later released by Musharraf. Bhutto should have court martial-ed the accused military personals and hang them, they brought disgrace to us(note: report made by us, not an international report). Bangladeshis to this date hate us for not doing anything.

Correction: Most of it has been leaked. All of it needs to be released, officially. There is a difference.

It has been released:
Google
Gen Aamir Abdulah Khan Niazi till his death demand court marshal but his voice never heard because if any case against him launched the real culprits would be behind bars but unfortunately many innocent army personal got punished like SSG's Major General Aboobaker Osman Mitha without any reason.

Correction: Most of it has been leaked. All of it needs to be released, officially. There is a difference.
Double correction:
Originally, there were 12 copies of the Report. These were all destroyed; except the one that was handed over to Government who disallowed its publication at the time. In 2000, parts of the commission report was leaked equally to Indian and Pakistani newspapers,Dawn, in its editorial section. The full report was declassified by the government in 2000, with additional reports concerning the year of 1971.[1]
Hamoodur Rahman Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of the blame on PA was concocted to suit the enemies agenda. Mukhti Bahini was nothing less than a terrorist organization. BUT today you see Pakistan being wrongly accused of supporting terrorism. The Pakistani Govt. seriously needs to get their word out there.

UAE is a safe haven for these corrupt chors, i don't expect much action being taken.

It's an investment hub, not a safe haven, and like all investment hubs, we can't ask people bringing in funds to justify why they are doing so, unless Interpol of the country of origin raises a red flag.

IF it were a safe haven we would not be handing over people like Uzair Baloch to the GoP.

That sounds a lot like my father. Alas, I never truly understood it! From this day onwards, I declare you an honorary Pakistan, and decree that the camel label be expunged from your title! :D

@Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch, we can bash @Khafee from this day onwards as a Pakistani...... :p:

It would be my honor.

Betrayal by Lt Gen Gul Hassan[edit]
Maj Gen Mitha was Quartermaster General at GHQ when prematurely retired by the civilian Chief Martial Law Administrator,Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, in December 1971. He was just over 48 years old. Lt General Gul Hasan added his name to a list of officers whose retirements were announced by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in his first speech as president on 20 December 1971. This came as a surprise as Maj Gen Mitha had no hand in the Officer's Revolt at Gujranwala and the hooting down of General Abdul Hamid Khan (Chief of Staff) at a GHQ meeting.

According to Maj Gen Mitha, it was Gul Hasan who also saved then-Brigadier Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq from being sacked. Brigadier Zia was in Jordan. The year was 1971. Gen Yahya Khan received a signal from Maj Gen Nawazish, the head of the Pakistan military mission in Amman, asking that Zia be court martialled for disobeying GHQ orders by commanding a Jordanian armoured division against the Palestinians, as part of actions in which thousands were killed. That ignominious event is known as Operation Black September. It was Gul Hasan who interceded for Zia and Yahya Khan let Zia off the hook.

People like you and me need to do something. Farishtey akey sub kuch thek too nahe kar dein gay. We need to do something.

What do you want me to do? You know if I do the right thing in this society it makes me a misfit.............. so what else you want me to do. Fight every other second person? Because Pakistanis are not used to take someone seriously who approaches them with respect and tries telling them please don't throw garbage here, please wait for your turn, please don't sell donkey meat, please don't kill each other, please don't take bribes.......................

Back
Top Bottom