What's new

Pakistani corner

ididnt mean shandur festival but generally for better tourism experience and improving locals lifestyle
Small shops, and chai centers are there in GB. Gilgit bazar is one of the oldest and quite a place. You will meat all sorts of people there too.

Can you PM me the title and authors name?. And if you have an EBook could you please give it to me.
Will do. EBook, are you kidding me, i do have the book in Google docs but i am trying to get a hard copy. I hate reading online.

I doubt locals would like coffee shops or malls, it would destroy centuries of equilibrium among man and nature. Plus visiting GB is all about harmony with nature.
nahi honestly im not sayingdestroy the natural look..but places of excursion and modern facilities like u wud enjoy in lahore or islamabad...andkarachi...they would do no harm. like if starbucks setup a shop in gb or ajk ..and similarly some malls , which doesnt mean it will effect the regional harmony or cut down greenery, it will only enhance ones experience of living their and also of the visitors. i wud want that.
dont go full urbanization but add more excursion ,entertainment hanging out facilities...and dont go overboard with that so that it kills natural outlook of the region.

like for instance look at switzerland ..lot of natural scenery but developed..with malls and entertainment spots.

nahi honestly im not sayingdestroy the natural look..but places of excursion and modern facilities like u wud enjoy in lahore or islamabad...andkarachi...they would do no harm. like if starbucks setup a shop in gb or ajk ..and similarly some malls , which doesnt mean it will effect the regional harmony or cut down greenery, it will only enhance ones experience of living their and also of the visitors. i wud want that.
dont go full urbanization but add more excursion ,entertainment hanging out facilities...and dont go overboard with that so that it kills natural outlook of the region.

like for instance look at switzerland ..lot of natural scenery but developed..with malls and entertainment spots.
There are new resort being made in GB. Serene hotels is doing quite well in GB, Hunza, Skardu.... Many other top hotels in Hunza and Gilgit. Antique shops are quite an attraction in GB too. I am all for Cinemas and etc, etc...

There are new resort being made in GB. Serene hotels is doing quite well in GB, Hunza, Skardu.... Many other top hotels in Hunza and Gilgit. Antique shops are quite an attraction in GB too.
ya there shud be some malls and such places ..more of it and in ajk tooo. ajk also needs that

Nah trust me, modern fancy out of place stuff will piss off the locals. People of GB, Hunza particularly have a strong cultural heritage. But if local culture can be amplified like tea and fruits and handicrafts then bazaars should be set up, but those shiny malls are too much out of place.

Nah trust me, modern fancy out of place stuff will piss off the locals. People of GB, Hunza particularly have a strong cultural heritage. But if local culture can be amplified like tea and fruits and handicrafts then bazaars should be set up, but those shiny malls are too much out of place.
ummm meap my gb frnds are quite fond of such places and they are from hunza, sakrdu and gilgit. dont build many, just few . it wont errode away heritage..its development ..im sure locals wud enjoy...my frnds speak shina balti and brushaski as in close to their culture yet they like all these things.

ummm meap my gb frnds are quite fond of such places and they are from hunza, sakrdu and gilgit. dont build many, just few . it wont errode away heritage..its development ..im sure locals wud enjoy...my frnds speak shina balti and brushaski as in close to their culture yet they like all these things.

I'm sure they do, but trust me if you want to set up malls, set up bazaars or shape malls to look like forts, you know that grand style, I don't want something like Gold Mark Mall (eye sore) popping up in Hunza. Plus your friends are a younger generation, what about the elders and chiefs?. They want to boost their own culture.

I'm sure they do, but trust me if you want to set up malls, set up bazaars or shape malls to look like forts, you know that grand style, I don't want something like Gold Mark Mall (eye sore) popping up in Hunza. Plus your friends are a younger generation, what about the elders and chiefs?. They want to boost their own culture.
:angry: meap aik do mall bana lenay dain..na hurdles dalain lolzz. no imeant some cool fun sort of mall. idont know how is gold mark. elders and chiefs shud accomadate a lil for younger generations. afterall as wajsal said there are resorts and hotels ...so similarly two three malls wudnt do harm.then younger gen of gb bhi tau hai na?
y shud locals have to travel to major cities only for having fun or visiting these places? trust me ihad seen lack of interest in their region amongt my frnds due to this

I would personally want a such mall in Gilgit City, not in Hunza though. Small shops are so good in Hunza, then again you have never been to Karimabad in Hunza. :mad:
afterall as waksal said there are resorts and hotels ...so similarly two three malls wudnt do harm.then younger gen of gb bhi tau hai na?
5 star, are quite fair priced too. Then again i don't need to stay at Sarena...lol.

:angry: meap aik do mall bana lenay dain..na hurdles dalain lolzz. no imeant some cool fun sort of mall. idont know how is gold mark. elders and chiefs shud accomadate a lil for younger generations. afterall as waksal said there are resorts and hotels ...so similarly two three malls wudnt do harm.then younger gen of gb bhi tau hai na?
y shud locals have to travel to major cities only for having fun or visiting these places? trust me ihad seen lack of interest in their region amongt my frnds due to this

A resort is something else, if a mall has to be made, blend it in. I didn't say don't make malls, I said make them so they don't ruin the equilibrium.

I would personally want a such mall in Gilgit City, not in Hunza though. Small shops are so good in Hunza, then again you have never been to Karimabad in Hunza. :mad:

5 star, are quite fair priced too. Then again i don't need to stay at Sarena...lol.
ya mr meap in the major cities and something of small scale in hunza and such regions so ppl dont have to visit other towns

A resort is something else, if a mall has to be made, blend it in. I didn't say don't make malls, I said make them so they don't ruin the equilibrium.
ya going with equilibrium will be on the planners etc ,how they fo it ,so ya thats fine and cool magar kuch ho tau.

Last edited:
ya mr meap the major cities and something of small scale in hunza and such regions so ppl dont have to visit other towns

ya going with equilibrium will be on the planners etc ,how they fo it ,so ya thats fine and cool magar kuch ho tau.

But personally, it ruins the very idea of GB, it was never meant to be a shopping hub, it was a place for tourism and relaxation. Just search Gold Mark, I went there once and it was so frustrating that I nearly passed out @WAJsal you know about it don't you?

But personally, it ruins the very idea of GB, it was never meant to be a shopping hub, it was a place for tourism and relaxation. Just search Gold Mark, I went there once and it was so frustrating that I nearly passed out @WAJsal you know about it don't you?
hmmm ok uguys know better.

But personally, it ruins the very idea of GB, it was never meant to be a shopping hub, it was a place for tourism and relaxation.
Local shops are doing fine. Small malls will be good for people in Gilgit City, and a Cinema and etc, etc facilities will also help.
Just search Gold Mark, I went there once and it was so frustrating that I nearly passed out @WAJsal you know about it don't you?
In Gilgit, nop, do tell us about your experience.

Local shops are doing fine. Small malls will be good for people in Gilgit City, and a Cinema and etc, etc facilities will also help.

In Gilgit, nop, do tell us about your experience.

In Karachi man, my Nanun took me there, it's a typical I'll - maintained mall, so many people and people shouting everywhere and all that, it was nauseating. And the heat was over whelming.

Back
Top Bottom