What's new

Pakistani-born US woman pleads guilty to bitcoin fraud to help IS

Ryuzaki

Reaction score
Country
India
A Pakistani-born American woman has acknowledged her role in defrauding numerous financial institutions in a bitcoin scheme to help the militant Islamic State (IS) group.

Prosecutors say Zoobia Shahnaz, a naturalised US citizen living on Long Island, pleaded guilty in federal court in Central Islip on Monday to providing material support to a foreign terrorist organisation.

The 27-year-old was charged with laundering bitcoin and wiring money to the IS group. After quitting her job, she was stopped at Kennedy Airport last year attempting to fly to Pakistan.

Shahnaz's lawyer has said she was trying to help Syrian refugees.

She faces up to 20 years in prison.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1447972/p...o1fJjU9Vl7tNX3ZLuzgpjd0AOgT7BNeBlzc7pEaI0q0FI

Was Polanski funding terrorists too?
Oh sorry, when you said "Sooner or later, the proverbial long arm of the law reaches them" did you mean it does not extend to those who drug 13 year old girls, then split open their bums with a circumcized penis. Finally washing them with frontal rape. My apology.

Oh sorry, when you said "Sooner or later, the proverbial long arm of the law reaches them" did you mean it does not extend to those who drug 13 year old girls, then split open their bums with a circumcized penis. Finally washing them with frontal rape. My apology.

Nice off-topic whataboutery! :D

Accept that I got you there! And I merely commented on the bombast you posted.

As I said, nice (and expected) off-topic whataboutery, nothing else. :D

========================

Back on topic, financial dealings from within US territories must meet certain standards, or they are flagged for investigation, leading to such cases as mentioned in the OP.

Your were blowing into a bubble and I merely pricked it!

Getting back to the topic at hand, what was the final sentence or is that still in process?

Yes it is but I find it strange because it is very rare in UK or at least it is in my experiance.

Strange? You are one of the masters, among many! :D

Back
Top Bottom