Country
Pakistan

LIFE
A Pakistani Army Soldier Tweeted His Frightening Encounter With the Taliban
7d67622cf8472392eb4598dc34118d5b

By S.K Pakistan
Posted on April 27, 2016
PicMonkey-Collage-31.jpg

Everyone loves a good story, especially when it’s not fictional and is actually based on real events. Such a story was told yesterday by a Pakistan Army soldier who tweeted his encounter with the Taliban in the Mohmand Agency.

The exceptionally well-written story was praised by Pakistani Twitterati and journalists – they spoke of the soldier’s writing skills and his bravery. The story is funny and nerve-wracking at the same time. You’re going to absolutely love it!

AND SO HE BEGAN…

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Okay so this one time in Mohmand Agency, we were ordered to mop up a valley (clear it off terrorists)
https://twitter.com/TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
We were already half way inside the valley and had setup a stronghold just beyond their mortar range. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
But someone had to advance further ahead and penetrate the line of fire. For that, my CO chose me. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
And like a good little qurbani k bakra that I was I said yessirr!@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
So I had a squadron of tanks under my command and I was leading the squadron. Slowly creeping further inside their territory@TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That was my first independent operation that I conducted so I was also very nervous. But I had to show my men
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That I have nerves of steel right (bullshit I was scared shitless) but I stood up on the back side of the turret in the open @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was roaring and we were raising battle cries and whatnot. Okay one more thing...@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The squadrons that were attached with our outfit, they were a part of the FC. And trust me when I say that don't trust the FC@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Anyhoo, we crept further inside and strangely enough we weren't being raided by the fire which I was expecting. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The idea was to locate the terrorists when they'd fire and then engage them from long distance with my tanks. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
But those conniving motherfuckers let me in further. I know what you're thinking. I had to know better. But I dint. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
As I was standing behind the opened cupola and sharing the possibility of an ambush with the tank commander .. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Along came the infamous whizzing sound of a bullet. It nearly missed the tk comd's head and almost tore the cupola.@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
As a result the tk comdr immediately shut down the cupola and went inside the tk. Now I was out in the open without any cover@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
When u've been in war long enough u observe little things about the surroundings that come in handy. It's called minor tactics@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
in a layman's terms, had it hit me, it would've torn me to pieces. So anyways..

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
So I'm standing on the tank shouting ******** at the top of my voice and I jumped behind the tank and laid my back against@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
..track of the tanks. And then guess what @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The fucking driver lost his shit completely and started reversing the fucking tank. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I shouted and cursed him at the top of my voice but the joke was on me because he couldn't hear me over the sound of intense@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
...fire and the tanks engine. So I had only two ways two go. Left or right. Both suicide because I had to expose myself to @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
..the incoming. So I read nad e Ali and started running like a dog towards the line of trees some 300 meters away to my right@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
While I was running with the AK47 hanging at my back and cursing myself for wearing a thigh holster with my viking.. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was recalling those movies where the guy who's about to die gets flashes of his life and loved ones and whatnot.. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I tried thinking about my mum and dad and girlfriend but they just wouldn't come. I couldn't even make myself think about@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Them. I kept cursing all those movies all the while running with intense machine gun, 12.7 mm, 14.5, mortar and sniper@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Firing at me with all their might. Because they had figured that I was the officer and it's better to kill an officer than @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
A battalion of non commissioned. So I escaped the first volley and jumped inside the clump. But it seemed as if they were@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Eveeywhere. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Now I was detached from my men completely. The FC tanks had abandoned me and had started withdrawing. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The sun was slowly setting and the evenings chill was taking over the days warmth @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
My camos were drenched in mud, knee high from running through a swamp (something I dint realise while running) @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I had scratches all over my hands and face from jumping in the clump. They were still firing but it was gradually @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Slowing down. My worst nightmare (Because that means that they've stopped firing from distance and are closing in on you)@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I lit up my last cigarette in day light and started looking for better cover @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Kept running way inside the jungle. I saw a graveyard.@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The night was settling in, the graveyard seemed very old with only rocks for tombstones and a couple of vaccant graves @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Of sorts... @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I dug a little deeper with my hands and bayonet and helmet and filled it up with dried leaves. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
It was to be my sanctuary for the night. Now I could hear those fuckers in the distance @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I hid my helmet in the other grave , lied down in the grave and covered myself up with leaves. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
My AK on my chest with its muzzle on my crotch, the weapon was unsafe and my finger in the trigger guard @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was more worried about shooting my dick off in accidental fire than the terrorists @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Now I could hear their voices very clearly. They were speaking in Pushto and arguing about if there was one guy or two.@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Thankfully they agreed on two. I could hear the sound of my heart pounding out of my chest. It was intense. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
It started itching on my groin as they were less than 20 paces away from me @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Ugh it was so fucking tantalizing. But I couldn't because obviously, how fucking dumb are you? @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
They kept roaming about the area for a couple of hours and went back to their hideout. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I opened my radio and started listening. I couldn't talk because the terrorists eavesdrop on radiocomm @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
so I just pressed the pushin and kept it pressed

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
When somebody pressed the pushin button on a radio device, no one remains able to talk on that particular channel. @TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
I kept it pressed for an hour before my CO got pissed off and got everyone's Motorola checked. And then it hit the Jarhead

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That it might've been me trying to give a signal that cheeky bastard@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
so he called on the main channel, called me out and asked me to switch to channel 3 if I was listening. I did.

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Then I sent him my gps loc in morse code and he sent a rescue team. @TheGutterfly

Follow

The end. @TheGutterf4:56 AM - 26 Apr 2016

http://www.parhlo.com/a-pakistani-army-soldier-tweeted-his-frightening-encounter-with-the-taliban/

LIFE

By S.K Pakistan
Posted on April 27, 2016
PicMonkey-Collage-31.jpg

Everyone loves a good story, especially when it’s not fictional and is actually based on real events. Such a story was told yesterday by a Pakistan Army soldier who tweeted his encounter with the Taliban in the Mohmand Agency.

The exceptionally well-written story was praised by Pakistani Twitterati and journalists – they spoke of the soldier’s writing skills and his bravery. The story is funny and nerve-wracking at the same time. You’re going to absolutely love it!

AND SO HE BEGAN…

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Okay so this one time in Mohmand Agency, we were ordered to mop up a valley (clear it off terrorists)
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
We were already half way inside the valley and had setup a stronghold just beyond their mortar range. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
But someone had to advance further ahead and penetrate the line of fire. For that, my CO chose me. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
So I had a squadron of tanks under my command and I was leading the squadron. Slowly creeping further inside their territory@TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That was my first independent operation that I conducted so I was also very nervous. But I had to show my men
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That I have nerves of steel right (bullshit I was scared shitless) but I stood up on the back side of the turret in the open @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was roaring and we were raising battle cries and whatnot. Okay one more thing...@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The squadrons that were attached with our outfit, they were a part of the FC. And trust me when I say that don't trust the FC@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Anyhoo, we crept further inside and strangely enough we weren't being raided by the fire which I was expecting. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The idea was to locate the terrorists when they'd fire and then engage them from long distance with my tanks. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
But those conniving motherfuckers let me in further. I know what you're thinking. I had to know better. But I dint. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
As I was standing behind the opened cupola and sharing the possibility of an ambush with the tank commander .. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Along came the infamous whizzing sound of a bullet. It nearly missed the tk comd's head and almost tore the cupola.@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
As a result the tk comdr immediately shut down the cupola and went inside the tk. Now I was out in the open without any cover@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
When u've been in war long enough u observe little things about the surroundings that come in handy. It's called minor tactics@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
So I'm standing on the tank shouting ******** at the top of my voice and I jumped behind the tank and laid my back against@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The fucking driver lost his shit completely and started reversing the fucking tank. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I shouted and cursed him at the top of my voice but the joke was on me because he couldn't hear me over the sound of intense@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
...fire and the tanks engine. So I had only two ways two go. Left or right. Both suicide because I had to expose myself to @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
..the incoming. So I read nad e Ali and started running like a dog towards the line of trees some 300 meters away to my right@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
While I was running with the AK47 hanging at my back and cursing myself for wearing a thigh holster with my viking.. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was recalling those movies where the guy who's about to die gets flashes of his life and loved ones and whatnot.. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I tried thinking about my mum and dad and girlfriend but they just wouldn't come. I couldn't even make myself think about@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Them. I kept cursing all those movies all the while running with intense machine gun, 12.7 mm, 14.5, mortar and sniper@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Firing at me with all their might. Because they had figured that I was the officer and it's better to kill an officer than @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
A battalion of non commissioned. So I escaped the first volley and jumped inside the clump. But it seemed as if they were@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Now I was detached from my men completely. The FC tanks had abandoned me and had started withdrawing. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The sun was slowly setting and the evenings chill was taking over the days warmth @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
My camos were drenched in mud, knee high from running through a swamp (something I dint realise while running) @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I had scratches all over my hands and face from jumping in the clump. They were still firing but it was gradually @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Slowing down. My worst nightmare (Because that means that they've stopped firing from distance and are closing in on you)@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I lit up my last cigarette in day light and started looking for better cover @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
The night was settling in, the graveyard seemed very old with only rocks for tombstones and a couple of vaccant graves @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I dug a little deeper with my hands and bayonet and helmet and filled it up with dried leaves. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
It was to be my sanctuary for the night. Now I could hear those fuckers in the distance @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I hid my helmet in the other grave , lied down in the grave and covered myself up with leaves. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
My AK on my chest with its muzzle on my crotch, the weapon was unsafe and my finger in the trigger guard @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I was more worried about shooting my dick off in accidental fire than the terrorists @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Now I could hear their voices very clearly. They were speaking in Pushto and arguing about if there was one guy or two.@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Thankfully they agreed on two. I could hear the sound of my heart pounding out of my chest. It was intense. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
It started itching on my groin as they were less than 20 paces away from me @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Ugh it was so fucking tantalizing. But I couldn't because obviously, how fucking dumb are you? @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
They kept roaming about the area for a couple of hours and went back to their hideout. @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
I opened my radio and started listening. I couldn't talk because the terrorists eavesdrop on radiocomm @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
When somebody pressed the pushin button on a radio device, no one remains able to talk on that particular channel. @TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
I kept it pressed for an hour before my CO got pissed off and got everyone's Motorola checked. And then it hit the Jarhead

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
That it might've been me trying to give a signal that cheeky bastard@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly
so he called on the main channel, called me out and asked me to switch to channel 3 if I was listening. I did.

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
Then I sent him my gps loc in morse code and he sent a rescue team. @TheGutterfly

Follow

http://www.parhlo.com/a-pakistani-army-soldier-tweeted-his-frightening-encounter-with-the-taliban/
I am pretty sure he would have to answer to GHQ now

LIFE

By S.K Pakistan
Posted on April 27, 2016
PicMonkey-Collage-31.jpg

AND SO HE BEGAN…

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly
@TheGutterfly

26 Apr
Gov'nor @TheGutterfly

Follow

Brilliant narration.

I was expecting something else at the end. Got disappointed. :(

I do not understand the use of tanks in CI operations. Who are you hitting? You cannot see anything except where fire is coming from. And that is never concentrated. So you want a mobile big gun. You want armor protection. Can't APCs do a better job and still be faster and more maneuverable?

Some ppl deriding it as funny, think once by standing in his shoes. A soldier's job is the toughest and the difference between being alive and dead is a small mistake like making a sound or stepping on a twig or hell.. even twitching his neck would have alerted the blood thirsty terrorists.. I, for one would praise his guts to stay put for 2 hours even when he knew the end was near.

How they selected him as an officer?
He is using some serious language in his tweets imagine the soldiers under his command.
also, if you are penetrating enemy territory you should expect ambush and people who setup ambush usually wait for the pray to be close before they open on them. this causes max damage and panic. In my view the mental capacity of this officer is of a normal person not even a solider. he was expecting ideal case scenario in the war that is ambush at long range, engage with tanks and victory (seriously).

Back
Top Bottom