What's new

Pakistani actress lashes out at Sanjay Leela Bhansali for making Heeramandi, says it’s ‘not his to make’

Bollywood used to produce good movies in the 60s, 70s and even the 80s but nowadays they produce absolute dogshit.

Have to admit that as these days violence and sex is given too much focus.... i too stay away from such movies and web series.....

But then you have a choice to stay away from such movies which is mostly starcasted by actors and actresses who are not in top positions.... if you watch regular mainstream movies of Bollywood numeronos like Akshay, Ajay Devgan, Shahrukh, Salman or rhitik then you can still watch these movies with your kids without a worry....

Respect, how? The state of our heritage sites speaks volume on how much we care.
But that's just lack of investment for historical tourism

Tourist bring money to upkeep these sights, except for 3-4 sights none of the areas earn a lot of money (for various reasons) so they get neglected

This goes for Mughal, Indus, even the 1900s pakistani historical spaces feel neglected

What you need is not only attract, tourism but also historical tourism

And tbh this gov has worked on this historical tourism part (can do more sure)

Last edited:
This nation has steal Dil Dil Pakistan song, and we expect them to not steal our cultural issues to make money out, our people are very naive.

It’s pigshit, dogs are cute.

Dogs are a pest, cats are supreme.

My question to Ushna Shah is that she really thinks her work is any different from what happens in Heera Mandi ?

OK, mullah saheb.

BTW why do I never see you in threads about the TTP, Lal Masjid and the atrocities of the Afghan Taliban ?

Last edited:
It seems some Indian members in pdf love Pakistan more than Pakistanis themselves, can’t live one day without jizzing over Pakistan.
my friend obsession is the word you are looking for not Love. Last time this filmmaker tried to glorify Indian own history he was bashed all aorund. I am talking about Padmavati now i guess its his way of coming into good graces with Hindu Extremist Government and ofcourse Hindu Bakht.

Indians are obsessed with Pakistan and Muslim culture.

If you take out 1000 year of Mughul rule, what is India left with???

Nude dirty monks?? People dying of hunger , divided in cast, religious fanatics. They have tried to sold that too with Slumdog millionaire. But there is just not enough content. Surely the obsession with Pakistan continues.

Indians are obsessed with Pakistan and Muslim culture.

Nude dirty monks?? People dying of hunger , divided in cast, religious fanatics. They have tried to sold that too with Slumdog millionaire. But there is just not enough content. Surely the obsession with Pakistan continues.
Well, I randomly watched a video on Pakistan expo dubai as it randomly came on my yt recommended, and boy o boy, first comment I see Is a indian claiming all of pakistans history as “bhartiya” history and that Pakistan stole them and most Indians just obsessing over pakistan.😂

6DD45187-69B8-4AAF-A7CD-A72C3128A80A.jpeg

She said: “This would be like a Pakistani director making a film about Mahabharata.”
is that supposed to be a bad thing. I'll only be happier if Pakistanis do make shows on Mahabharata, if they manage to not get killed for blasphemy by the mobs there. it's one subcontinent afterall, Mahabharata to Mughals, all have had influence across this 70 years old border.
Have to admit that as these days violence and sex is given too much focus.... i too stay away from such movies and web series.....
actually 70s and 80s too had this stuff. Mithun Chakraborty movies were all this. B movies were all the rage. it's just that we only remember the good ones. 50 years from now they'll remember only the good movies if Bollywood and will think the 10s and 20s had great movies.

Well, I randomly watched a video on Pakistan expo dubai as it randomly came on my yt recommended, and boy o boy, first comment I see Is a indian claiming all of pakistans history as “bhartiya” history and that Pakistan stole them and most Indians just obsessing over pakistan.😂

View attachment 781541
Ch people man, ch people
Stealing crap since the beginning of time

And if the oldest civilization started on the Indus and it existed before anything on the ganga

How is it that a modern day "Bharatiya" get to steal all that shit...

It's called the Golden age of India when we used to solve complex geometrical equations. We had great universities like Nalanda, Takshashila, when Aryabhatta used to predict eclipses based on relative motion of Sun and moon or when we used to make the famous woortz steel or Damascus steel... Helluva lot better than the time of sex addicts called Mughals who loves building decorated graves for their n'th wife.

Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali is all set to step into the world of digital content with his first web series, Heeramandi. Set in pre-Partition Lahore, the series will tell the story of the dynamics that exist without the community that houses some of the talents of the subcontinent. But Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi has come under fire in Pakistan for not being “his story to tell”.

Pakistani actress Ushna Shah took to Instagram to express her distaste at Heeramandi being made by an Indian filmmaker. She wrote: “Culture collaboration is one thing but this is appropriation. Mimicking ours will make the project lose authenticity! India has a plethora of rich cultures & history to film, this isn’t theirs to make!”

She elaborated that Heeramandi was in Lahore which is located in Pakistan. Ushna Shah added that the upcoming series is also related to the Mughal empire which Pakistani history is based on. She said: “This would be like a Pakistani director making a film about Mahabharata.”

This isn’t the first time Pakistani celebrities have spoken about Sanjay Leela Bhansali making Heeramandi. Earlier this year, many Pakistani celebrities shared that Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi – which is based on Lahore’s red-light district – is a story that should have been told by a Pakistani filmmaker instead. Yasir Hussain shared: “Heeramandi is in Lahore but Indians are making on it. Later, we’re going to say that everything they showed in it is false. I don’t know when we will start talking about our historical places and when we will start telling our stories ourselves.”

Screen-Shot-2021-08-12-at-4.28.14-PM.png

Hira Tareen also explained why no filmmaker in Pakistan would be successful in making a film based on Heeramandi. Speaking on Pakistani’s being upset with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi on Lahore’s red-light zone, she said: “Because if we would have made a film on it, it would have been banned. Producers would have lost all their money. Do you really think people in Pakistan (PEMRA) can tolerate telling the real stories of Heeramandi or any such subject?”

Screen-Shot-2021-08-12-at-4.28.37-PM.png

Ushna Shah slams Bhansali for making series on Lahore’s Heera Mandi

Its like saying a Hollywood producer cannot make a movie on Gandhi or a movie like Slumdog Millionaire.
Are we stopping Pakistani filmmakers to create content based on Indian culture. We consider it common culture, so unless there is a copywright, there is no reason we cannot make movies on whatever subject on the globe.

Tomorrow, they will say how dare you make movie on Bhagat Singh as he was born in Lahore.

Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali is all set to step into the world of digital content with his first web series, Heeramandi. Set in pre-Partition Lahore, the series will tell the story of the dynamics that exist without the community that houses some of the talents of the subcontinent. But Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi has come under fire in Pakistan for not being “his story to tell”.

Pakistani actress Ushna Shah took to Instagram to express her distaste at Heeramandi being made by an Indian filmmaker. She wrote: “Culture collaboration is one thing but this is appropriation. Mimicking ours will make the project lose authenticity! India has a plethora of rich cultures & history to film, this isn’t theirs to make!”

She elaborated that Heeramandi was in Lahore which is located in Pakistan. Ushna Shah added that the upcoming series is also related to the Mughal empire which Pakistani history is based on. She said: “This would be like a Pakistani director making a film about Mahabharata.”

This isn’t the first time Pakistani celebrities have spoken about Sanjay Leela Bhansali making Heeramandi. Earlier this year, many Pakistani celebrities shared that Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi – which is based on Lahore’s red-light district – is a story that should have been told by a Pakistani filmmaker instead. Yasir Hussain shared: “Heeramandi is in Lahore but Indians are making on it. Later, we’re going to say that everything they showed in it is false. I don’t know when we will start talking about our historical places and when we will start telling our stories ourselves.”

Screen-Shot-2021-08-12-at-4.28.14-PM.png

Hira Tareen also explained why no filmmaker in Pakistan would be successful in making a film based on Heeramandi. Speaking on Pakistani’s being upset with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi on Lahore’s red-light zone, she said: “Because if we would have made a film on it, it would have been banned. Producers would have lost all their money. Do you really think people in Pakistan (PEMRA) can tolerate telling the real stories of Heeramandi or any such subject?”

Screen-Shot-2021-08-12-at-4.28.37-PM.png

Ushna Shah slams Bhansali for making series on Lahore’s Heera Mandi

Smart move the more controversial and divisive internet content is the more it's viewership
Sanghis would watch it trying to feed own bs superiority complex

Liberals would wanna watch it as a performing art work

Had he made this about India's red light Districts the biggest in Asia then and now too Google
Sanghis would have bycotted it as method by liberal Bollywood to tarnish Hindu culture

Helluva lot better than the time of sex addicts called Mughals who loves building decorated graves for their n'th wife.

Yep it was was the sex crazed Mughals who came up with an entire compendium of sex positions and adorned their sacred temples with depraved (probably vanilla to them) sex acts. Low IQ pervjeets running headfirst into a wall with zero self awareness, as usual.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom