What's new

Pakistan won't be given access to Altaf: British officials

UK gives Pakistan access to Altaf Hussain
By Dawn.com
London police to allow Altaf three visitors

Moreover, police had concluded the search of Hussain’s house which had been going on since Tuesday 5:30 am.

The MQM Rabita Committee had said on June 3 that Hussain had been taken by the police for questioning and was later moved to a local hospital.

Protests to continue until assurances given on Altaf Hussain's health: Sattar
Speaking to media representatives on Thursday, MQM leader Farooq Sattar said the party would continue its protests until chief Hussain’s health was assured.

He, however, said the situation in the metropolis had returned to normal and that they had appealed to the business community to resume operations.

Sattar said Hussain had been admitted to a hospital in London.

He also said lawyers representing the MQM chief would first review the situation before filing a bail application, adding that they were in contact with police and Hussain.

He said people in various cities of Pakistan had shown solidarity with the MQM chief and added that the protest had proved Karachi was a peaceful city.

“We are worried for our leader’s health and safety,” Sattar added.

It was earlier reported that the Met Police allowed 3 visitors to visit on behalf of the Embassy. But since Foreign office was involved in it, The foreign office rejected the offer claiming it as internal affair of UK.

The news you shared is about 10-15 hours old, the news mentioned in this thread is about 1 hour old

PS: I think this is unnecessary right now as Altaf Hussain will be released on bail soon after his statement is recorded even if he is charged. It would only mean that the Police has concluded their investigation and they just want to trial Mr Hussain in the crown court, now the matter will be passed on to the court and police will only be a party in it

If he is not charged, no intervention was needed in the first place

PS: I think this is unnecessary right now as Altaf Hussain will be released on bail soon after his statement is recorded even if he is charged. It would only mean that the Police has concluded their investigation and they just want to trial Mr Hussain in the crown court, now the matter will be passed on to the court and police will only be a party in it

If he is not charged, no intervention was needed in the first place
Come on, we know this very well, Met Police, especially a Special Unit would bot have taken this panga if they were not sure about it or they at any point they were not going to charge him anything, his house was searched for more then 30 hours, i have seen that being done only in case of Terrorism, so yes he will be released on bail and face the trail but am sure he will for sure do some time in Jail

Come on, we know this very well, Met Police, especially a Special Unit would bot have taken this panga if they were not sure about it or they at any point they were not going to charge him anything, his house was searched for more then 30 hours, i have seen that being done only in case of Terrorism, so yes he will be released on bail and face the trail but am sure he will for sure do some time in Jail
Unless he tries to run away after the bail because thats the only solution left for him to do is get lost and hide for the rest of his life. Serving time is for sure!!! I wonder when will it be Asif Zaradri's turn.

This is the base price in my opinion. I have only counted the visible assets and priced at the lowest possible. The actual figure should not be below that, however it may easily rise to well beyond billion rupees if the actual value of each property is averaged at not 300,000 pounds but 600,000 or a million pound for example.

Yes, i understand that you have calculated what is known and their approximate values. What will he have outside UK one can just imagine. Same applies to all the politicians in Pakistan.

In my personal opinion i think this is going to happen

His statement will be recorded, formally charged and released on bail. The reason for search operation was to find terrorist related links as money laundering is often linked to terrorism. I don't think they would have found anything in this regard so I will leave this part.

His defence will have been provided all the evidences and soon he will be presented to the court where his bail might be cancelled or extended. The case will be fought in the court and we all will see the decision. The case is not going to be as lengthy as we see in Pakistan since police enquires are mostly completed before the suspect is charged. I expect tough time for MQM ahead and he might be convicted in 2015

Unless he tries to run away after the bail because thats the only solution left for him to do is get lost and hide for the rest of his life. Serving time is for sure!!! I wonder when will it be Asif Zaradri's turn.

If released on bail, will he not be barred from exiting UK? @Aether

Most likely yes. Certain limitations will be placed with the most common restriction on movement of travel... Those who are released on bail are often released with tags attached to their body so their geographical location is always visible to the police. The police decides such matter on individual basis

That is why i love the justice system here. No refuge for high level crooks like Tafu. Hope he gets a maximum sentence. After this slap on face hope Nawaz shareif allows the law to take its turn.

There is a very high chance after getting Pakistani passport that he will run away-
i dont think Britishers are stupid to let that happen- they will impose travel restrictions-
as @Aether said For such high profile case a tracking bracelet will be necessary-

There is a very high chance after getting Pakistani passport that he will run away-
i dont think Britishers are stupid to let that happen- they will impose travel restrictions-
as @Aether said For such high profile case a tracking bracelet will be necessary-

Interesting. In UAE they do not have tag system, they have retina scan and fingerprint system. So even if a suspect gets an "original" forged passport he cannot exit because before exiting he will have to get past the immigration at the airport and get his retina scanned which is a normal procedure.

Back
Top Bottom