What's new

Pakistan will soon get J10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jet engine has nothing to do with a country having experience in stealth.

Stealthiness of an aircraft can be achieved through different means, and Pakistan has some experience in some of these techniques, but yeah designing an aircraft based on the stealth platforms or like stealth platforms F-117, B-2 etc is something which we lack.

But with the passage of time with collaboration of Chinese, we can train our engineers who are able to do their work in designing stealth aerial platforms.

That is not entirely correct.
Not every stealth aircraft is B2 ! which is the most efficient flying design.

To make a machine stealthy often imposes restrictions on aerodynamic design.
some times these losses in aerodynamic efficiency have to be made up by other means.

Thus, although stealth does not require mastery of jet technology, however the actual manifestation of technology would require that same.

Tired of so many quarelling on J-10 vs. Rafale.
IMHO, given geopolitical and economic reasons, I find PAF with very few choice besides J-10.
So whether J10 is comparable to Rafale or not is really irrelevant. A good question would be when J-10/or J-10B would be delivered to PAF and in what amounts.

More importantly, 36 # of J-10 would definitely no match for IAF's new birds whatsoever. The type of mind-set that PAF should always on par with IAF is simply outdated. In both quality and quantity, I see no possibility that PAF would outperform IAF in forseeable future.
Some people may argue, Pakistan is not alone, when facing India. But I would seriously think thats some sort of myth.
Of course China would always be a reliable country for weapons and collarborations in anti-terror. But in terms of warfare, China is increasingly a regional power that has so many troubles to worry and so many borderlines, sealanes to take care and guard.
Would China take the risk of a full scale war with India, a nuke country with effective projection capabilities? Not even mentioning India is a trading partner and we're still much more interested in pursuing economic growth than to get involved in a total war.

In terms of support that Chinese could give in a resonably-controlled small scale, low intensity confilict to help our Pak friends. There will be only a handful squadrons of J-10, J-11 based in Chengdu Military Region and 3 brigades (incl. 54th Merchanized Infantry Brigade) of land force based in Tibet may be used.

PAF needs a reliable source for its platforms, it needs a cost/performance acceptable platform, thats simply why J-10 is the ultimate chioce. And as long as 36 J-10 could play a minimal deterrence role, people shouldn't be dissatisified. It is the economic growth, governance and living standard improvement and of course nukes being the backbone of Pakistani national security, not any fancy birds.

36 J-10's would be more than enough....we should save money for single engine variant of stealthy J-20.

36 J-10's would be more than enough....we should save money for single engine variant of stealthy J-20.
You need more J-10B because of Super Sukhoi and Rafale for next 7 to 9 years, stealth one should be procured around the same time when Indian FGFA rolls out.

You need more J-10B because of Super Sukhoi and Rafale for next 7 to 9 years, stealth one should be procured around the same time when Indian FGFA rolls out.

All the Indian programs you have mentioned are already suffering significant delays, so we have enough flexibility. Also J21 is coming up fast, which is Pakistan specific.

Pakistan should compete Indian economically....because if you have money ....you can buy any thing in this world....

Pakistan should compete Indian economically....because if you have money ....you can buy any thing in this world....

Right now Indian economy is hardly anything to look upto. The currency is in a free fall, the country ratings are being downgraded to Junk status, cost of servicing foreign currency borrowing by Indian companies has become unsustainable, the fiscal deficit is hitting 11%.

Right now Indian economy is hardly anything to look upto. The currency is in a free fall, the country ratings are being downgraded to Junk status, cost of servicing foreign currency borrowing by Indian companies has become unsustainable, the fiscal deficit is hitting 11%.

:rofl::rofl:

@topic...under cooked j10b is no match of IAF..this is a delusion which is created to get little satisfaction. enjoy it. I hope PAF get the real j10 b after getting the toy.

:rofl::rofl:

@topic...under cooked j10b is no match of IAF..this is a delusion which is created to get little satisfaction. enjoy it. I hope PAF get the real j10 b after getting the toy.

Can't agree more.....

The buzz words "will soon" are here........

I thought these words are patented by Indian armed forces

You know "will soon get" LCA, "will soon get" military satellite, "will soon get" Arjuns.....etc.

We are not going to get J-10 not before 2015 anyways, i don't see the purpose of this thread still running because there is no soon in the whole thing.

first your pony india economy is the laughing stock of the world,
second not everyone like India buying everything from everyone (the wannabe mentality)

lastly, as usual, its about when PAF will get J10 not economy

We are not going to get J-10 not before 2015 anyways, i don't see the purpose of this thread still running because there is no soon in the whole thing.

The purpose of most of the discussions was to find out the credibility of the report and how far it will add to PAFs capabilities, but so far there is hardly any reliable source about the procurement, nor about J10Bs real capability. So lets wait and see...

Reactions: SQ8
soon soon soon. But when.

Does it matter? As stated, the important point is what changes they might bring to PAF, while PAF can go on with their already good pace of modernisation wrt JF17, tanker and AWACS additions, contrary to IAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom