What's new

Pakistan will soon get J10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Super Sukhoi's? No plan to counter it? Or is FC-20 so good that it can take them both at the same time.
BTW isn't it high time that you guys moved on from platform-based counter measures to system-based ones.

What exactly is a Super Sukhoi? A Su-30 with AESA radar, avionics upgrade and possibly more use of composites? Let it roll out first:D. FC-20 deal hasn't inked yet, if 50+ a/c are procured along with considerable changes in JF-17 Block-II/III then PAF will be in good shape to tackle them. Not to mention the "six-on-six" AMRAAM carrying capability coming on MLU F-16s too.

What exactly is a Super Sukhoi? A Su-30 with AESA radar, avionics upgrade and possibly more use of composites? Let it roll out first:D. FC-20 deal hasn't inked yet, if 50+ a/c are procured along with considerable changes in JF-17 Block-II/III then PAF will be in good shape to tackle them. Not to mention the "six-on-six" AMRAAM carrying capability coming on MLU F-16s too.
According to PAF officer interview (the guy with mustache and glasses :P ) seriously I am forgetting names dammit , he said only SU30 MKI creates problem to PAF is TVC ENGINE that can evade missiles , but avionics are just as normal.

According to PAF officer interview (the guy with mustache and glasses :P ) seriously I am forgetting names dammit , he said only SU30 MKI creates problem to PAF is TVC ENGINE that can evade missiles , but avionics are just as normal.
Yeahhh...right....:D

but THE article states i quote

Islamabad is also expected to order up to 100 FC-10s, to be co-produced by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex as the JF-17. Deliveries are due to begin in 2007. The FC-10 deal would be for 36 of the J-10 variant and would be in additon to the FC-1/JF-17s Pakistan is already taking, this would be the first export of the J-10.

no where it is written it has signed or approved the deal :hitwall:

but THE article states i quote

no where it is written it has signed or approved the deal :hitwall:

There has been nothing more than an intent and MoU on co-development(avionics, standardization for the PAF etc)..along the lines the F-7 was purchased for the PAF.
There is as of yet NO purchase order, no money transferred and NO FC-20 beyond a staff requirement and a RFP to CATIC.

There has been nothing more than an intent and MoU on co-development(avionics, standardization for the PAF etc)..along the lines the F-7 was purchased for the PAF.
There is as of yet NO purchase order, no money transferred and NO FC-20 beyond a staff requirement and a RFP to CATIC.

For fools who dont believe in j10 for PAF , recently j10 figure was given to PAF chief and that in j10B some pak engineers are also working believe or I dont care :) PAKISTAN ZINDABAD :cheers:

For fools who dont believe in j10 for PAF , recently j10 figure was given to PAF chief and that in j10B some pak engineers are also working believe or I dont care :) PAKISTAN ZINDABAD :cheers:

What exactly are you trying to say? :confused:

ALIMOBIN...

statement from KAISER TUFAIL PAF fighter pilot on new PAK defense budget

incidently PAF has been allocated $1.2 billion for the fiscal year of 2012-2013

THIS WAS HIS REACTION

Analyst and former fighter pilot Kaiser Tufail expects no new procurements in the near future.

“There is no doubt that the government is facing a very serious funding issue, and modernization programs of all three services are on the back burner,” he said.

“Although I’d like to keep politics aside, I suspect the government is keeping quite a bit of money to come up with various gimmicks just prior to the elections as well as during [vote buying], so defense matters are secondary for the time being,” he added.

One high-profile Air Force procurement project, the FC-20, a Pakistani-specific variant of the Chinese Chengdu J-10 Vigorous Dragon multirole fighter, may be adversely affected by the poor economic and political climate, he said.

Tufail said proceeding with this procurement is “far-fetched for the present.”

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...p-army-air-force-down-navy.html#ixzz1xPnwlyK8

i AM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE OR TROLL.

Some times we need to look at the real socoa economic factors and the geo political factors too.

Military power is interlocked with FINANCIAL MUSCLE.... since the dawn of time...

Please relate this to PAF and indeed all discussions this way the THREADS remain realistic and interesting

ALIMOBIN...

statement from KAISER TUFAIL PAF fighter pilot on new PAK defense budget

incidently PAF has been allocated $1.2 billion for the fiscal year of 2012-2013

THIS WAS HIS REACTION

i AM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE OR TROLL.

Some times we need to look at the real socoa economic factors and the geo political factors too.

Military power is interlocked with FINANCIAL MUSCLE.... since the dawn of time...

Please relate this to PAF and indeed all discussions this way the THREADS remain realistic and interesting

Understood -- but PAF ACM is on record as saying 40 odd FC-20 in PAF by 2016 (thats 4 years away)-- so there is time to sort funding out and it remains 'realistic and interesting'

A confirmed news , The defence budget will be revised and there will be increase in it , there is no decision taken regarding not inducting j10 it's still in process , PAF fighter pilot Kaiser tufail statement is incorrect. Pakistan armed forces defence export have increased and reached to 850 million dollars now in present and the purchasing of weapons is also supported by Armed forces industries own fund. The initial deal of j10 will be no more than 1.5 billion dollars for 36 units. which 100% possible and payment will be in installments. so no more saying discussion regarding j10 deal may go down.
And first of all since when a pilot is definite about deals ?

Believe it or not , i know some people no need to ask for source cause this discussion not the place to make u believe in everything i believe and i am happy. The Defence budget maybe 540 billion dollars but more will be provided to these three major branches of forces as always.
For example:
This year, the army is to get Rs 264.073 billion, air force Rs 114.211 billion and navy Rs 52.727 billion. In last year’s budget, army’s share was Rs 236.253 billion, air force Rs 106.144 billion and navy had received Rs 51.564 billion. when we calculate according to this statement given in defense budget news all over internet it is 431.011 billion dollars now how the hell is the 545b on the go? are others for war on terror well doesn't seems so?
at the other hand budget has increased not decreased, in 2011 there were hopes of j10 and now when budget has increased then no?
believing on one pilot's statement is like hating your wife because just one guy said she was with someone :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom