What's new

Pakistan will soon get J10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly all major Radar developers globally came with PESA RADAR technology before AESA tech.

ie Russia went from ZHUK MSA radar to Bars PESA and are now close to revealing their AESA effort 10 YEARS AFTER the PESA radar came in SU30MKI

likewise France had had a PESA radar on Rafale F1 since induction started in 2006... Rafale f3 will come with new RBE2 Aesa Radar on RAFALE F3 in 2013...... ... 7 yearsa later..........

ON this basis CHINA has yet revealed KLJ7 on FC1 & KLJ10 a bigger radar on J10 both mechanical scanning radars.

I suspect they are close to revealing a PESA radar on FC20 in next 12 months or so BUT cant see chinease Aesa radar for 5 years yet.

THIS IS BASED ON ABOVE examples

PS Typhoons of EADS will get captor AESA in 2016 only nearly decade after CAPTOR PESA was installed in tranche 1 typhoons flown by RAF germany & saudi

TO DATE only USA field AESA radars on their fighters but both france & ISRAEL are closing with theirs

Nearly all major Radar developers globally came with PESA RADAR technology before AESA tech.

ie Russia went from ZHUK MSA radar to Bars PESA and are now close to revealing their AESA effort 10 YEARS AFTER the PESA radar came in SU30MKI

likewise France had had a PESA radar on Rafale F1 since induction started in 2006... Rafale f3 will come with new RBE2 Aesa Radar on RAFALE F3 in 2013...... ... 7 yearsa later..........

ON this basis CHINA has yet revealed KLJ7 on FC1 & KLJ10 a bigger radar on J10 both mechanical scanning radars.

I suspect they are close to revealing a PESA radar on FC20 in next 12 months or so BUT cant see chinease Aesa radar for 5 years yet.

THIS IS BASED ON ABOVE examples

PS Typhoons of EADS will get captor AESA in 2016 only nearly decade after CAPTOR PESA was installed in tranche 1 typhoons flown by RAF germany & saudi

TO DATE only USA field AESA radars on their fighters but both france & ISRAEL are closing with theirs

SF, why don't you first go to Google ans do googling about what you are going to write first.

Do you have any idea how many platforms of Chinese armed forces are using AESA based radars. I can safely assume they are using most AESA radars then any country currently. They are using it on their ships and all the newer ships are coming with AESA radars, they have AWACS flying with AESA radars, they have exported AESA based platform to PAF, their air defence systems are using AESA based radars.

And i can assure you, very soon they will be coming up with fighter sized AESA radars instead of getting PESA in large numbers. China has lot of experience now with AESA and soon would be producing in numbers. Which they are already but for larger systems.

AESA tech. is getting very commom. soon most med.tech AF's will have it. it will also get cheaper.

Funny...I did not see any official source..that Pakistan will get J10.....is it day dreaming?

Funny...I did not see any official source..that Pakistan will get J10.....is it day dreaming?

There are 36 on order, chalked for delivery in 2014-16.

China’s J-10B fighter to Pak worries India - India - DNA

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/123723-pakistan-became-j-10bs-first-overseas-buyers-half-price-f-16-a.html

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW Photoshop users, do you reckon this picture is a fake? It should have been big news if the J-10 had flown in Pakistani colours.

Pakistan_Air_Force_FC-20.jpg

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW Photoshop users, do you reckon this picture is a fake? It should have been big news if the J-10 had flown in Pakistani colours.

Pakistan_Air_Force_FC-20.jpg

Definitely and somewhat poorly photo-shopped, firstly look at the intake, it's not J-10B designated for Pakistan, unlike in the picture, all PAF aircraft now display full version of the flag and the emblem on the tail is that of No.9 (Griffins) Squadron, currently an F-16 unit.

So will PAF have j10 this year........???
i'm waitng waitng and waiting . . .!!!!
Are there another blocks too for j10 as jf17 block-2........????

Definitely and somewhat poorly photo-shopped, firstly look at the intake, it's not J-10B designated for Pakistan, unlike in the picture, all PAF aircraft now display full version of the flag and the emblem on the tail is that of No.9 (Griffins) Squadron, currently an F-16 unit.

Thank you for the detailed explanation Windy!

I think i am literate enough to understand a brochure by Dassault.

I am not talking about Dassault Brochures, but official reports from French pilots that has shown this capability during ATLC exercise in the UAE or Redflag in the US.

Your examples of Afghanistan and Libya fail to prove your point.

Wrong, because in Afghanistan and especially in the Libyan war, we could see the capabilities of Rafale and SPECTRA practically, be it the SEAD attacks guided by SPECTRA, be it the simultaneous attacks on different ground targets at a single attack run, be it the SC or low detectability features and so on. It's actually a lame and desperate try to have any argument if one claims Rafale is unproven because of the lack of A2A combats in wars, especially compared to J10 that wasn't put in any conflict situation at all, be it A2A or A2G. Even the exercise experiences against other fighters are very limited (against PLAAFs Flankers only), so we know waaaay more on how capable Rafale is in A2A, just by comparing which fighter it tested against and what the results were (constantly beating the US teen series, beat EF in dogfights and BVR combats, proved it maneuverability in dogfights against F22 with at least 4 draws...).

but i would avoid comments like J-10 is inferior because it may not have capabale IRST/FLIRs.....well, the truth is, we don't know the exact specs

But we have specs and capabilities of J10A and compare it to the current Rafale F3 with the advantages I showed. We know that J10A is inferior in RCS, TWR, wingloading, payload, hardpoint layout, range and fuel capacity, or EWS and the PESA radar is at least a more advanced technology than the puls doppler KJ10 which you can't deny right? We also know that the MICA offers certain advantages over J10s missiles, be it the maneuverability with TVC, BVR capability for both versions, INS and data link guidance, or the off bore sight.

So all in all, there are not 1, but many advantages a Rafale F3 offers over J10A, which are pretty obvious, one just need to look at the facts!

You haven't stayed updated of Chinese avionics developments, have you?

I did, but you obviously wasn't about Europe RBE 2 AESA, Vixen AESA, CESAR AESA, several civil AESA radars, AESA modules for EWS systems and increased jamming modes... all these techs are available for years too. But you have to understand that Europe is not 1 nation, but a continent and that Europe has not a combined defence budget but many smaller for each countries. That's why the techs that are availabe, don't enter serial production there. It's simply naiv to say they are not developing a 5th gen fighter so China is ahead, because you have to look at the industrial know how and experience only and with an unbiased view the result is very clear!

Right now, with AESA radars being fitted on five different fighters in China, four different electronics planes, Europe is seriously lagging behind.

:disagree: Which shows how mistaken you are, because the first AESAs were fitted in Rafale and EF in the early 2000s, so what does it tell you about Europes industrial development capability in this field and how far ahead they are?

If Pakistan is getting FC-20, than it hints the maturity of WS-10 and confidence of PAF on it.
In this case, it is also compliment hopes in WS-13.

Apparently, the delay is because, PAF doesn't want to have two platforms with comparable capability.
Ironic but true... FC-20 have to stand out sharply vs. JFT, otherwise deal will continue to linger, or until, PAF sees the need of immediate consolidation of its fleet.
Considering, JFT development is going along smoothly, exl. WS-13 (quite strange for me) FC-20 have a tough fight ahead.

IMPO, When i compare both fighters on capabilities vs. price. I see no justification for FC-20.

Offtopic:
I wish Pakistan will get the J-20!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom